or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › your wardrobe ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

your wardrobe ? - Page 3  

post #31 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ Feb. 25 2005,20:51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny,Feb. 26 2005,02:49
you wouldn't want them because they aren't very cool.  All are Calvin Klein Jeans, but many are older dated styling, that I use to mow the lawn and paint the house.  And I am a size 36/34
What is a cool jeans?
trendy.   Brands like Diesel, PDC, Rogan, Helmut Lang, Seven, Nudie, Earnest Sewn etc. these are the brands most people that are interested in denim are looking for.
What is the difference but color?
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(topcatny @ Feb. 26 2005,02:55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,Feb. 25 2005,20:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny,Feb. 26 2005,02:49
you wouldn't want them because they aren't very cool.  All are Calvin Klein Jeans, but many are older dated styling, that I use to mow the lawn and paint the house.  And I am a size 36/34
What is a cool jeans?
trendy.   Brands like Diesel, PDC, Rogan, Helmut Lang, Seven, Nudie, Earnest Sewn etc. these are the brands most people that are interested in denim are looking for.
What is the difference but color?
There is a lot of difference in the quality of the denim, the fit, the wash techniques etc. Not as big a difference as some people think, but there is definitely a difference. I don't mind wearing the jeans I have. They fit me great, the ones I wear look great and the price was right (between 70% off retail and free).
post #33 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ Feb. 25 2005,20:56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny,Feb. 26 2005,02:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,Feb. 25 2005,20:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny,Feb. 26 2005,02:49
you wouldn't want them because they aren't very cool.  All are Calvin Klein Jeans, but many are older dated styling, that I use to mow the lawn and paint the house.  And I am a size 36/34
What is a cool jeans?
trendy.   Brands like Diesel, PDC, Rogan, Helmut Lang, Seven, Nudie, Earnest Sewn etc. these are the brands most people that are interested in denim are looking for.
What is the difference but color?
There is a lot of difference in the quality of the denim, the fit, the wash techniques etc.  Not as big a difference as some people think, but there is definitely a difference.  I don't mind wearing the jeans I have.  They fit me great, the ones I wear look great and the price was right (between 70% off retail and free).
what differences between your jeans and a 501 ?
post #34 of 53
Please ernest, Listen to topcatnyc. I've been involved peripherally in fashion, and specifically in denim, but more on the retail side, and my denim knowledge is often secondhand, although I've had the occasion of talking to a great number of jeans designers and visited some denim laundries; but he actually works for a denim specialist. After he answers your Levi's 501 questions, please do not make anymore statements like "501 better than stupid 'trendy' denim. Is original" anymore. I implore you.
post #35 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Please ernest, Listen to topcatnyc.  I've been involved peripherally in fashion, and specifically in denim, but more on the retail side, and my denim knowledge is often secondhand, although I've had the occasion of talking to a great number of jeans designers and visited some denim laundries;
Why are you telling me your life?
post #36 of 53
Quote:
Why are you telling me your life?
Just establishing where my opinions come from, presenting my credentials, so to speak. You don't have any. Therefore it stands to reason that my opinions carry more weight than yours do. Put it this way. You are an arrogant brat who thinks he is smarter than others even when it is evident that he has far less experience and insight than they do on *any* subject. Not just in this particular thread has this been recently evident. In this way, you were not unlike our recently banned English friend.
post #37 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(topcatny @ Feb. 26 2005,03:00)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,Feb. 25 2005,20:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny,Feb. 26 2005,02:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,Feb. 25 2005,20:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny,Feb. 26 2005,02:49
you wouldn't want them because they aren't very cool.  All are Calvin Klein Jeans, but many are older dated styling, that I use to mow the lawn and paint the house.  And I am a size 36/34
What is a cool jeans?
trendy.   Brands like Diesel, PDC, Rogan, Helmut Lang, Seven, Nudie, Earnest Sewn etc. these are the brands most people that are interested in denim are looking for.
What is the difference but color?
There is a lot of difference in the quality of the denim, the fit, the wash techniques etc.  Not as big a difference as some people think, but there is definitely a difference.  I don't mind wearing the jeans I have.  They fit me great, the ones I wear look great and the price was right (between 70% off retail and free).
what differences between your jeans and a 501 ?
The differences are probably minor between our best selling style and the 501 as far as appearance go. The denim's come from different mills, (both of us source the fabric from different mills who strive to meet the same look). To the average consumer, they would be hard pressed to notice a difference (members of this forum excluded.....i'd hardly call us the average consumer). Now fit is where we are very different. Levi's 501 don't fit my body too well, they are slimmer fitting. Calvin Klein Easy fit jeans do fit me well, however I do not like that style personally. The easy fit has a tapered leg, which to me looks good on umm....no one. I am partial to straight leg jeans myself. So basically the jeans are probably very similar in quality, but wildly different in fit. Lastly, they are marketed completely differently which makes a huge difference in how the jeans are perceived by consumers. However that is a topic that would take it's own thread and numerous pages to explain and time i don't have right now. It would also turn into another online pi**ing match that Steve B or j would lock up eventually because they would be tired of reading about it.
post #38 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
Why are you telling me your life?
Just establishing where my opinions come from, presenting my credentials, so to speak.  You don't have any.  Therefore it stands to reason that my opinions carry more weight than yours do. Put it this way.  You are an arrogant brat who thinks he is smarter than others even when it is evident that he has far less experience and insight than they do on *any* subject.  Not just in this particular thread has this been recently evident.  In this way, you were not unlike our recently banned English friend.
Your opinion about what? What did you say interesting in your last message that was asking to present your creditentials? Why do you always need to justify yourself in front of me and to compare yourself with me? Ok, you may be right, I am smart, you have experience and then?
post #39 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
The differences are probably minor between our best selling style
Are you selling jeans?
post #40 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(topcatny @ Feb. 26 2005,03:48) The differences are probably minor between our best selling style
Are you selling jeans?
I sell jeans for a living. I sell jeans to the stores that customers go to buy them.
post #41 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ Feb. 25 2005,22:08)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny,Feb. 26 2005,03:48
The differences are probably minor between our best selling style
Are you selling jeans?
I sell jeans for a living.   I sell jeans to the stores that customers go to buy them.
I imagine only CK?
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Quote:
(topcatny @ Feb. 26 2005,04:10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest,Feb. 25 2005,22:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny,Feb. 26 2005,03:48
The differences are probably minor between our best selling style
Are you selling jeans?
I sell jeans for a living.   I sell jeans to the stores that customers go to buy them.
I imagine only CK?
yes Also, the Calvin Klein jeans you find in Europe are very different than the Calvin Klein Jeans sold in North and South America. The company that has the license to produce Calvin Klein Jeans in Europe is completely seperate from the company that has the license to produce Calvin Klein Jeans in North and South America.
post #43 of 53
Thread Starter 
Licence? Do you mean it is not even made by CK?
post #44 of 53
I think I am going to die laughing...
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Licence? Do you mean it is not even made by CK?
most calvin Klein lines are not actually produced by Calvin Klein. As a matter of fact i think all of them are produced by other companies. This is true with many many designers.  He does the designing, but actually producing the garments is the responsibility of other companies.  In Europe a company called Fratini has the license to produce and market Calvin Klein Jeans.  Calvin Klein still has a lot of control over the final look of the product but he does not want to get involved in the actual making of the product.  That he leaves to people with more experience.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › your wardrobe ?