or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Which banned member would win in a fight?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which banned member would win in a fight? - Page 3

post #31 of 80
Quote:
I'm afraid you've lost me with this allusion to Orion and Darkseid. I was more of a Marvel reader (it seems most people either fall into DC or Marvel camp) so I don't get it. Are you implying that you have these inner demons which have been soothed by your upbringing, and yet still must occasionally lash out at others?
I think he's implying that Grayson and Bresch are secretly father and son.   EDIT: And that they're both horribly scarred. And Grayson can shoot beams of death out of his eyes.
post #32 of 80
Thread Starter 
Wow, esquire, you nailed me. Can I tell you my dreams? Just call me "Scott Free". TTTT, I was more of a Vertigo man than a DC man, and still want to see Constantine for sentimental reasons, even though Hellblazer's not all that as a comic.
post #33 of 80
RJMan, I never got the hype surronding Sandman and Gaiman myself. Some of the stories were interesting, but I grew up with the superhero genre, and had trobule accepting Gaiman's stories as an alternative. I respect the fact that he brought this literary ambition to comics, but I didn't find that enough for me. I can't wait for the next Batman movie, which seems to be heavily influenced by Miller's Year One take on the whole Batman mythology. But,the one movie about a comic character I'd love to see would be Watchmen, although it would be nearly impossible to adapt. NickM, How do you know this stuff about american comics? Is there a distribution channel for them in Australlia?
post #34 of 80
Quote:
Is there a distribution channel for them in Australlia?
Yes, even in a relatively quiter Perth there was a few comic bookstores. When I was there I had greater interest in comics and frequent this one place in downtown quite often.
post #35 of 80
Quote:
RJMan, I never got the hype surronding Sandman and Gaiman myself. Some of the stories were interesting, but I grew up with the superhero genre, and had trobule accepting Gaiman's stories as an alternative. I respect the fact that he brought this literary ambition to comics, but I didn't find that enough for me. I can't wait for the next Batman movie, which seems to be heavily influenced by Miller's Year One take on the whole Batman mythology. But,the one movie about a comic character I'd love to see would be Watchmen, although it would be nearly impossible to adapt.
Sandman and Gaiman ruled back in the day. I never could get into Hellblazer, but I've got some early issues in plastic with backing boards, however. Might be a good time to sell them. DC has had very mixed success with movies. The new Batman does look promising. I think the crew we're discussing in this thread might be good candidates for the Legion of Substitute Heroes.  
post #36 of 80
Quote:
But,the one movie about a comic character I'd love to see would be Watchmen, although it would be nearly impossible to adapt.
Coming in 2006. I'm going to start holding my breath now... Story-wise, I think it'd work better as a TV mini-series, but then we'd have to live with a TV budget... Constantine ain't bad, but it ain't great, either. If you're trying to convince someone to quit smoking, bring them along when you see it... You know who would've made a good Constantine? Sean Bean.
post #37 of 80
Originally posted by Nick.M:
Quote:
Story-wise, I think it'd work better as a TV mini-series, but then we'd have to live with a TV budget...
Totally agree. I have the 1st edit. printing of all 12.. How the heck are they going to shoot all the 'background fillers' such as "Behind the Mask" etc? Are they going to let Dr. Manhattan walk around flashing his big blue willie?... RORSCHACH Rules. Originally posted by Esquire:
Quote:
I never got the hype surronding Sandman and Gaiman myself. Some of the stories were interesting, but I grew up with the superhero genre, and had trobule accepting Gaiman's stories as an alternative. I respect the fact that he brought this literary ambition to comics, but I didn't find that enough for me. I can't wait for the next Batman movie, which seems to be heavily influenced by Miller's Year One take on the whole Batman mythology. But,the one movie about a comic character I'd love to see would be Watchmen, although it would be nearly impossible to adapt.
Yes, I couldn't get into Sandman myself... Although I liked Mckean's covers and his work on Arkham Asylum was exquisite. Dear God I hope that they don't screw up the next Batman.... especially if it is based on Year one... How will they capture the mood set by Mazzuchelli's artwork, and the inner dialogue ("stupid, stupid amateur."). The one I would really want to see being made is The Dark Knight returns.. that would be awesome. Although the Bruce Wayne that Miller had in his head is now gone (Brando).
post #38 of 80
Wow. I haven't been keeping up with comics for years now and never expected anybody to have the balls to try to adapt Watchmen. Although, I'm worried that they'll adapt Watchmen into a PG-13 two hour movie blockbuster event. None of Moore's other works have been succesfully adapted as a movie. You're right- a miniseries would work better, especially one on HBO or showtime. I just don't think a mass audience would accept all the politics and the real violence of the comic book instead of the cartoonish violence you see in movies today, not to mention the huge blue balls of Dr. Manhattan. If it ended up with HBO, I don't think you'd need to spend that much money on special effects for a movie like this. You don't have to show what happens to NYC in real time, but allude to it afterwards with a couple of quick shots to establish what happened.
post #39 of 80
Quote:
Totally agree. I have the 1st edit. printing of all 12..
I never get jealous when I see everybody post their bespoke clothes, but THIS. THIS i am jealous of. WOW.. Please tell me that you read them. I can't stand those people who never read their comics, and instead hide them away as an investment. The reason those golden age comics are so valuable is nobody kept them in those days. Just like clothes were meant to be worn, comics were meant to be read.
post #40 of 80
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage,Mar. 03 2005,00:10
Totally agree. I have the 1st edit. printing of all 12..
I never get jealous when I see everybody post their bespoke clothes, but THIS. THIS i am jealous of. WOW.. Please tell me that you read them. I can't stand those people who never read their comics, and instead hide them away as an investment. The reason those golden age comics are so valuable is nobody kept them in those days. Just like clothes were meant to be worn, comics were meant to be read.
When they came out, I bought 2 copies of each 12 issues... One was kept as a collection piece, unread, and in a acid free plastic bag with backing board.  The other was for reading   .  I also have the collected version of it.   What other 1st edits. do I have: 1) The Dark Knight Returns 2) Batman Year 1 3) Batman Year 2 4) Electra Assassin 5) Wolverine (yes, the Miller mini) 6) Havok and Wolverine: Meltdown 7) Arkham Asylum 8) The Shadow (the Sienkevicz ? version) 9) First 5 issues of Sandman, Constantine, Shadow 10) Batman Black and White 11) 1st 10 issues of Spawn, the Miller collaboration,and the Batman crossover. 12) THe Batman/Grendel crossovers too many others..   edit: I forgot about my Mcfarlane Spideys, X-Men annual with Alpha Flight done by Art Adams, X-Men crossovers "The Mutant Massacre"
post #41 of 80
Watchmen?
post #42 of 80
Quote:
What other 1st edits. do I have: 1) The Dark Knight Returns 2) Batman Year 1 3) Batman Year 2 4) Electra Assassin 5) Wolverine (yes, the Miller mini) 6) Havok and Wolverine: Meltdown 7) Arkham Asylum 8) The Shadow (the Sienkevicz ? version) 9) First 5 issues of Sandman, Constantine, Shadow 10) Batman Black and White 11) 1st 10 issues of Spawn, the Miller collaboration,and the Batman crossover. 12) THe Batman/Grendel crossovers too many others.. edit: I forgot about my Mcfarlane Spideys, X-Men annual with Alpha Flight done by Art Adams, X-Men crossovers "The Mutant Massacre"
1) 3 of the 4 (GRRRR.) 2) Yes. 3) Yes. 4) Hmmm. I think so. I'll have to check. I have the Daredevil where she was killed, though. 5) Yes 6) Almost positive, have to check. 7) Yes. (Love Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol and Animal Man) 8) Yes (not sure exactly what, though) 9) Quite a run of early Sandman, several of Constantine, a few Shadows 10) Nope 11) Nope 12) Nope yes, too many others, many of the McFarlane Spideys, lots of other stuff I sold off a bunch of stuff a few years ago. Need to sell more. I want to pare down to just a few boxes of things I really want to keep.
post #43 of 80
Thread Starter 
This thread has taking a much more pleasant twist. T4phage and AlanC, never pegged you as comic book guys (lowercase, of course -- no insults intended). So when does "Virus Boy" come out T4? And AlanC -- League of Substitute Heroes? Is that the one Arm Fall-Off Boy belonged to?
post #44 of 80
Quote:
So when does "Virus Boy" come out T4?  And AlanC -- League of Substitute Heroes?
I introduce to you Infectious Lass, member of the Legion of Substitute Heroes:
Quote:
Infectious Lass: Drura Sehpt of Somahtur, aka Infectious Lass, has the power to make anybody sick... and not just from the mucus hanging from her arms either. She carries all types of little bugs around just in case. You'd think this power would come in handy, but Drura has had trouble controlling it. Now you know why she's a Sub.
Link.
post #45 of 80
Originally posted by RJman:
Quote:
.. So when does "Virus Boy" come out T4?
You mean Captain Viron and the Transcriptors. . 'fess up RJ, whats in your stockpile?... Top Cow's Swimsuit Edition ? Originally posted by AlanC.:
Quote:
I sold off a bunch of stuff a few years ago. Need to sell more. I want to pare down to just a few boxes of things I really want to keep.
AArrgh. You actually sold some of yours???? I could never part with any of mine... I even have the very first issues of G.I Joe, Team America, and Thundercats which I could never part with.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Which banned member would win in a fight?