or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show. - Page 11

post #151 of 556
Playing catch up on s3 now, up to ep 3 - I had forgotten how good this show is.
post #152 of 556
Ep 4 last night was really good! Nice ending too
post #153 of 556
The ending was priceless. I can't wait to see this all come crashing down around him. It should be hilarious. Someone needs to kill off Kathleen Turner's character already. She keeps talking about how wet she is. Ugh.
post #154 of 556
wife won;t watch this anymore, says it is too implausible all these women want to fuck hank. and this is coming from a woman who voluntarily fucks me.
post #155 of 556
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
wife won;t watch this anymore, says it is too implausible all these women want to fuck hank. and this is coming from a woman who voluntarily fucks me.

Tell your wife to shut up and make you a sandwich.

Hank is interesting, real, semi-famous, and has that tragic but extremely talented bad boy quality that women are attracted to. Maybe some of the stuff on the show is over the top, but I don't think that most of it is out of question at all.
post #156 of 556
don't like the newer episodes, it's building more and more like a prequal to season 1, of how he got into relationship trouble and lack of focus for professional creativity and life itself. His character was more likable when miserable and adrift, now he's just a 20-year-old douchbag trapped inside a 40-year-old man's body drilling every hole available (they are all available to him too!), and not even have to deal with consequences (not even catching a few STDs? how fantastic!), where's the conflict in drama? I'd hate to find their season DVDs end up on adult video store shelves.
post #157 of 556
Thread Starter 
I don't see any problems with the way he is now...
post #158 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
Hank is interesting, real, semi-famous, and has that tragic but extremely talented bad boy quality that women are attracted to. Maybe some of the stuff on the show is over the top, but I don't think that most of it is out of question at all.

The show is a loser Hollywood hack writer fantasy played out. Hank might as well be the cable guy or the plumber.
post #159 of 556
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz View Post
The show is a loser Hollywood hack writer fantasy played out. Hank might as well be the cable guy or the plumber.

I thought Hank was actually a well-known writer who actually wrote some really good books.
post #160 of 556
Thread Starter 
Also, just realized a major plothole. Hank only decided to stay in Hollywood for the retarded daughter and he boyfriend (dumbest thing ever) and the boyfriend is not even around anymore... WTF??????
post #161 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
I thought Hank was actually a well-known writer who actually wrote some really good books.

I'm referring to the people behind the show. The show is kind of like what vampire guy was writing only the characters are a different type of bloodsucker. The audience for the show is really entertainment industry people who would love to live such a fantasy world. Escapism for people who create escapism might make the show the most post-modern thing Hollywood has ever produced though.
post #162 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
Also, just realized a major plothole. Hank only decided to stay in Hollywood for the retarded daughter and he boyfriend (dumbest thing ever) and the boyfriend is not even around anymore...

WTF??????

What plot? The show is nothing but a series of setups for sex scenes, jokes and the occasional vignette. The best writing on Californication is on par with a bad episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where the stupid twist at the end is telegraphed from the opening of the show. That doesn't mean the show can't be entertaining, but it just is not well crafted even by the very low standards of TV series.
post #163 of 556
Oh so that's where she got her naturals, the "stripper" is Susan Sarandon's daughter...those apples didn't fall too far from the tree



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Duchovny.html
post #164 of 556
I want to be Hank Moody

Epi 4 was great.
post #165 of 556
Susan Sarandon Jr. is bangin'.

Surprised she's getting 'em out for a third-tier pay-cable show, given the family pedigree. That kind of shit usually belongs with child actors trying to be adults (much happier to see SS Jr. than the little girl from the nanny, though).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Californication makes Entourage look like a cartoon.. What an awesome, awesome show.