Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS : Boots/Shoes : Alden Indys, Red Wings, Quoddys, Churchs’ Brogues, Nikes, AM1, etc Last post on 3/11/11 at 10:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 8/25/15 at 7:30pm in Classic Menswear
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 347
Styleforum Top Picks
Boondocker in the 2030 last would be pretty close, and I can't imagine a black wedge crepe sole being very hard to source...
Tricker's could probably do it, they made a really nice wedge sole for Norse Projects last year that wouldn't be too hard to turn into a boot:
I dig the rich brown leather. It reminds me of a dressier desert boots and the rubber outsole exudes a cool masculine vibe. A bonus is an extra set of shoelaces. As uncomplicated chukka boots they're lightweight and relieve the feet in walking around town and on the trails. They go great as a companion to my Clarks Desert Boots with the original crepe outsole.
you did however forget to include fluff like "protection from the elements," "craftsmanship" and some broohaha with "heritage," "forefathers," "tradition" and so forth.
still, a nice effort.
Thinking someone in this thread might be able to help me, I'm looking to purchase a pair of Service Boots similar to the Wings + Horns x Dayton collab but not at that price point (and a little easier to find). I'm looking for something in a dark brown nubuck/suede. Closest I've found are probably the J Crew / Red Wing Iron Rangers but don't really like the reddish tinted sole.
Can you guys please recommend me some winter boots for Boston?
I'm an exchange student from Australia heading to Boston from January - June, and Sydney's winter is no where as cold (don't even snow) as Boston so I have no clue what kind of boots I'll need. Just looking for something that doesn't look ridiculous (like LL Bean - sorry supporters) and enable me to walk around comfortably as I'll be visiting places.
Any other tips to prepare me would be welcomed!
Thanks in advance!
It depends on the day. Last winter, we got a little over 2' of snow in one storm. I would suggest having a cheap beater pair to get you through the snowy days, and then have one or more nice pairs for when the sidewalks have been cleared of snow. Chippewa's can be had for quite cheap, and they don't look bad.
More important objectives for you will be to find some warm socks, a warm winter hat, the thickest gloves you can find, and a scarf. It can get as low as -10 degrees Celsius (or more) in January and February, so you need to place dressing warm above all else.
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 56 seconds ago
- › DC Shirt Makers 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › UNDERCOVER JUN TAKAHASHI 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015