Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS : Boots/Shoes : Alden Indys, Red Wings, Quoddys, Churchs’ Brogues, Nikes, AM1, etc Last post on 3/11/11 at 10:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 3:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 9/3/15 at 8:26am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 347
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5192 of 525511/16/13 at 6:58pmpost #5193 of 525511/16/13 at 7:49pmpost #5194 of 525511/17/13 at 12:46pmpost #5195 of 525511/17/13 at 12:51pmpost #5196 of 525511/17/13 at 1:18pmQuote:
Boondocker in the 2030 last would be pretty close, and I can't imagine a black wedge crepe sole being very hard to source...
Tricker's could probably do it, they made a really nice wedge sole for Norse Projects last year that wouldn't be too hard to turn into a boot:post #5197 of 525512/1/13 at 4:38pmpost #5198 of 525512/1/13 at 10:54pmpost #5199 of 525512/2/13 at 2:18ampost #5200 of 525512/3/13 at 2:08pmpost #5201 of 525512/4/13 at 9:31amQuote:i commend you for cramming so much hype into such a short paragraph ...Originally Posted by NormanF
I dig the rich brown leather. It reminds me of a dressier desert boots and the rubber outsole exudes a cool masculine vibe. A bonus is an extra set of shoelaces. As uncomplicated chukka boots they're lightweight and relieve the feet in walking around town and on the trails. They go great as a companion to my Clarks Desert Boots with the original crepe outsole.
you did however forget to include fluff like "protection from the elements," "craftsmanship" and some broohaha with "heritage," "forefathers," "tradition" and so forth.
still, a nice effort.post #5202 of 525512/7/13 at 9:13pm
Thinking someone in this thread might be able to help me, I'm looking to purchase a pair of Service Boots similar to the Wings + Horns x Dayton collab but not at that price point (and a little easier to find). I'm looking for something in a dark brown nubuck/suede. Closest I've found are probably the J Crew / Red Wing Iron Rangers but don't really like the reddish tinted sole.post #5203 of 525512/7/13 at 10:53pmpost #5204 of 525512/8/13 at 12:18ampost #5205 of 525512/8/13 at 1:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Stevey6404
Can you guys please recommend me some winter boots for Boston?
I'm an exchange student from Australia heading to Boston from January - June, and Sydney's winter is no where as cold (don't even snow) as Boston so I have no clue what kind of boots I'll need. Just looking for something that doesn't look ridiculous (like LL Bean - sorry supporters) and enable me to walk around comfortably as I'll be visiting places.
Any other tips to prepare me would be welcomed!
Thanks in advance!
It depends on the day. Last winter, we got a little over 2' of snow in one storm. I would suggest having a cheap beater pair to get you through the snowy days, and then have one or more nice pairs for when the sidewalks have been cleared of snow. Chippewa's can be had for quite cheap, and they don't look bad.
More important objectives for you will be to find some warm socks, a warm winter hat, the thickest gloves you can find, and a scarf. It can get as low as -10 degrees Celsius (or more) in January and February, so you need to place dressing warm above all else.
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...