Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS : Boots/Shoes : Alden Indys, Red Wings, Quoddys, Churchs’ Brogues, Nikes, AM1, etc Last post on 3/11/11 at 10:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:44 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 7/6/16 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 347post #5192 of 525811/16/13 at 6:58pmpost #5193 of 525811/16/13 at 7:49pmpost #5194 of 525811/17/13 at 12:46pmpost #5195 of 525811/17/13 at 12:51pmpost #5196 of 525811/17/13 at 1:18pmQuote:
Boondocker in the 2030 last would be pretty close, and I can't imagine a black wedge crepe sole being very hard to source...
Tricker's could probably do it, they made a really nice wedge sole for Norse Projects last year that wouldn't be too hard to turn into a boot:post #5197 of 525812/1/13 at 4:38pmpost #5198 of 525812/1/13 at 10:54pmpost #5199 of 525812/2/13 at 2:18ampost #5200 of 525812/3/13 at 2:08pmpost #5201 of 525812/4/13 at 9:31amQuote:i commend you for cramming so much hype into such a short paragraph ...Originally Posted by NormanF
I dig the rich brown leather. It reminds me of a dressier desert boots and the rubber outsole exudes a cool masculine vibe. A bonus is an extra set of shoelaces. As uncomplicated chukka boots they're lightweight and relieve the feet in walking around town and on the trails. They go great as a companion to my Clarks Desert Boots with the original crepe outsole.
you did however forget to include fluff like "protection from the elements," "craftsmanship" and some broohaha with "heritage," "forefathers," "tradition" and so forth.
still, a nice effort.post #5202 of 525812/7/13 at 9:13pm
Thinking someone in this thread might be able to help me, I'm looking to purchase a pair of Service Boots similar to the Wings + Horns x Dayton collab but not at that price point (and a little easier to find). I'm looking for something in a dark brown nubuck/suede. Closest I've found are probably the J Crew / Red Wing Iron Rangers but don't really like the reddish tinted sole.post #5203 of 525812/7/13 at 10:53pmpost #5204 of 525812/8/13 at 12:18ampost #5205 of 525812/8/13 at 1:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Stevey6404
Can you guys please recommend me some winter boots for Boston?
I'm an exchange student from Australia heading to Boston from January - June, and Sydney's winter is no where as cold (don't even snow) as Boston so I have no clue what kind of boots I'll need. Just looking for something that doesn't look ridiculous (like LL Bean - sorry supporters) and enable me to walk around comfortably as I'll be visiting places.
Any other tips to prepare me would be welcomed!
Thanks in advance!
It depends on the day. Last winter, we got a little over 2' of snow in one storm. I would suggest having a cheap beater pair to get you through the snowy days, and then have one or more nice pairs for when the sidewalks have been cleared of snow. Chippewa's can be had for quite cheap, and they don't look bad.
More important objectives for you will be to find some warm socks, a warm winter hat, the thickest gloves you can find, and a scarf. It can get as low as -10 degrees Celsius (or more) in January and February, so you need to place dressing warm above all else.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Thoughts on the Sartorialist 36 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 48 seconds ago
- › Denimbruin 2016 Friday-Sunday July 29,30,31 SF, Bay Area Denim,... 1 minute ago
- › Alden for BB #8 Tassel Loafers 1 minute ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cigars 2 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding