Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS : Boots/Shoes : Alden Indys, Red Wings, Quoddys, Churchs’ Brogues, Nikes, AM1, etc Last post on 3/11/11 at 10:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 4:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 9/3/15 at 8:26am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 321
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4802 of 525511/9/12 at 3:58pmQuote:
Appreciate it! I'd probably side with Trickers vs the others. I find Aldens last not to what I like but I'll check on the B&S!post #4803 of 525511/9/12 at 4:03pmQuote:ya they are the exact same, I have a pair of the w+h x dayton in black and a pair of daytons in brown. There is seriously no difference between them other than the distressing.
I've worn my daytons for like a year and they look really cool, very similar to the w+h now after they got beat uppost #4804 of 525511/9/12 at 8:17pmpost #4805 of 525511/9/12 at 8:24pmpost #4806 of 525511/9/12 at 9:58pm
deets on the jeans?Quote:Originally Posted by thatoneguy
ya they are the exact same, I have a pair of the w+h x dayton in black and a pair of daytons in brown. There is seriously no difference between them other than the distressing.
I've worn my daytons for like a year and they look really cool, very similar to the w+h now after they got beat uppost #4807 of 525511/9/12 at 10:00pmpost #4808 of 525511/10/12 at 5:43pmpost #4809 of 525511/11/12 at 9:33ampost #4810 of 525511/11/12 at 1:56pmpost #4811 of 525511/12/12 at 1:59pmpost #4812 of 525511/12/12 at 2:11pmpost #4813 of 525511/12/12 at 11:59pmpost #4814 of 525511/13/12 at 12:56amI don't really wear my boots in the summer, I generally stick to sneakers or boat shoes.
As for more all-season choices just don't get anything that is associated with winter like duck boots or anything with a winter pattern/material. I have a pair of ankle boots that are similar to the Dayton ones posted earlier on the page.post #4815 of 525511/13/12 at 3:52pm
Hello one and all.
This is my very first post on your very fine site, and at the risk of getting off on the wrong, uh, foot, I'm afraid I've gotta poormouth a little, for which I apologize:
With regard to boots, what's the best that can be done for around $200-250US? I wear a 13US, prefer a little bit of chunk and some below-the-cuff interest (a cap toe, broguing, apron, etc.), and some kind of tread is necessary, but all I'm finding along those lines and at that pricepoint are dubious choices like Aldo and Frye. I even looked twice at some Rockports, god help me.
Aplogies, too, if this subject has already been covered; I went back decently far in these pages and didn't see anything. Poring over the backlog of this very thread I did see some good-looking cheapies from that guy who was pushing Flutterbyshoes, but as far as I can tell those exist only in some alternate reality, or perhaps Indonesia.
I know that the best answer here would be "Wait until you have more money," but any second-best answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much. Even if no answers are forthcoming (which I could certainly understand), this forum in general in this thread in particular have been a great education.
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?