Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS : Boots/Shoes : Alden Indys, Red Wings, Quoddys, Churchs’ Brogues, Nikes, AM1, etc Last post on 3/11/11 at 10:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:38pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 321post #4802 of 525811/9/12 at 3:58pmQuote:
Appreciate it! I'd probably side with Trickers vs the others. I find Aldens last not to what I like but I'll check on the B&S!post #4803 of 525811/9/12 at 4:03pmQuote:ya they are the exact same, I have a pair of the w+h x dayton in black and a pair of daytons in brown. There is seriously no difference between them other than the distressing.
I've worn my daytons for like a year and they look really cool, very similar to the w+h now after they got beat uppost #4804 of 525811/9/12 at 8:17pmpost #4805 of 525811/9/12 at 8:24pmpost #4806 of 525811/9/12 at 9:58pm
deets on the jeans?Quote:Originally Posted by thatoneguy
ya they are the exact same, I have a pair of the w+h x dayton in black and a pair of daytons in brown. There is seriously no difference between them other than the distressing.
I've worn my daytons for like a year and they look really cool, very similar to the w+h now after they got beat uppost #4807 of 525811/9/12 at 10:00pmpost #4808 of 525811/10/12 at 5:43pmpost #4809 of 525811/11/12 at 9:33ampost #4810 of 525811/11/12 at 1:56pmpost #4811 of 525811/12/12 at 1:59pmpost #4812 of 525811/12/12 at 2:11pmpost #4813 of 525811/12/12 at 11:59pmpost #4814 of 525811/13/12 at 12:56amI don't really wear my boots in the summer, I generally stick to sneakers or boat shoes.
As for more all-season choices just don't get anything that is associated with winter like duck boots or anything with a winter pattern/material. I have a pair of ankle boots that are similar to the Dayton ones posted earlier on the page.post #4815 of 525811/13/12 at 3:52pm
Hello one and all.
This is my very first post on your very fine site, and at the risk of getting off on the wrong, uh, foot, I'm afraid I've gotta poormouth a little, for which I apologize:
With regard to boots, what's the best that can be done for around $200-250US? I wear a 13US, prefer a little bit of chunk and some below-the-cuff interest (a cap toe, broguing, apron, etc.), and some kind of tread is necessary, but all I'm finding along those lines and at that pricepoint are dubious choices like Aldo and Frye. I even looked twice at some Rockports, god help me.
Aplogies, too, if this subject has already been covered; I went back decently far in these pages and didn't see anything. Poring over the backlog of this very thread I did see some good-looking cheapies from that guy who was pushing Flutterbyshoes, but as far as I can tell those exist only in some alternate reality, or perhaps Indonesia.
I know that the best answer here would be "Wait until you have more money," but any second-best answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much. Even if no answers are forthcoming (which I could certainly understand), this forum in general in this thread in particular have been a great education.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Official Sales Alert thread 19 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Suit too tight? 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...