or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 30

post #436 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Picked up these bad boys on Ebay dirt cheap:


I only put in an offer because they were Alden's, dirt cheap and my perfect size and I ended up winning them. Now I'm pondering how to wear them

Ah well... I'm up for something new.

Wear them with pants. Other than that, go crazy.
post #437 of 5237
These are an awesome boot. The pics don't do justice

I bought a pair from Tom at Leather Soul when he carried them and have been very happy with them.

http://www.theshoemart.com/para-boot...m_pomerol.html
post #438 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcec View Post
I'm looking for a casual pair of bucks, tan or light brown. What brands should I look into?

RL, Church's. I think they may be out of season?
post #439 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akr View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.
My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.
So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.
I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!
I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

Hey I think you can find the Red wing GTs at a toronto store called get outisde. I believe there are two locations. The GTs are fairly bulky shoes for semi-dress, but they're pretty good for stomping in the fall. As an alternative, take a look at some Grenson boots, I think they're priced similarly and I've liked the looks of some of them.
post #440 of 5237
Does anyone know how LL Bean Boots are sized? I am a 10.5 in vans.
post #441 of 5237
hey i'm new to the forum and have been trying to search around what goes well with work boots. i couldn't find any pictures to get ideas but i've been looking at these timberland's

http://ns1.revolveclothing.com/image...OT-MZ22_V1.jpg

what can i wear with something like those kind's of boots without looking like i'm trying too hard?
post #442 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kael View Post
hey i'm new to the forum and have been trying to search around what goes well with work boots. i couldn't find any pictures to get ideas but i've been looking at these timberland's

http://ns1.revolveclothing.com/image...OT-MZ22_V1.jpg

what can i wear with something like those kind's of boots without looking like i'm trying too hard?

Hemmed un-distressed jeans
post #443 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by midcut View Post



so nice
post #444 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunhor View Post
Does anyone know how LL Bean Boots are sized? I am a 10.5 in vans.

You probably need a 9.5, but potentially a 9. Mine are a size 9, but I'm pretty sure I could have (and maybe should have) gone down to a 8.5.
post #445 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunhor View Post
Does anyone know how LL Bean Boots are sized? I am a 10.5 in vans.

I don't have vans bit if you're talking about the Katahdin boots, I went with my dress shoe/Purcell size and they worked out perfect.
post #446 of 5237
Does anyone know how Margiela dress shoes fit? I'm generally a 12 in other brands and I've spotted a 45 online that looks appealing.
post #447 of 5237
ThorogoodxEpaulet
post #448 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akr View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.
My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.
So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.
I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!
I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

I own GTs, various English boots, and have owned aldens.

If i were starting over I would get White's SD, they fit true to size
post #449 of 5237
Thanks for the input guys. I went to get outside and tried on the GTs. I fell in love almost instantly and would have bought them on the spot if they weren't asking almost $400 for them.
Here are shitty iphone pics at the shoe store.
Jeans are Flathead 3001




post #450 of 5237
Those sorel boots in the background look solid. I think i may pick up a pair for bad snow. Will look decent tucked with grey and black jeans and outerwear. As decent as i can wearing techincal snow stuff. Anyone know the cheapest place of to get them or is zappos my best bet? Maybe how they run sizing wise?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please