or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 272

post #4066 of 5233
None of those have very good traction for snow boots. I would suggest one of the Mountain Lights with Vibram Kletterlift soles (they're great for everything, including actual hiking).
post #4067 of 5233
^ I do occasionally hike, but have done it in all sought of shoes from chucks (when I didnt know shit) to leather soled casual boots to ugly ass tank boots so I don't really care.
To be honest its just that I have missed the 40% discount for Danner @ Amazon that pisses me off
post #4068 of 5233

Well it looks like this is boot thread now, but I'll throw these in here.

 

I bought these Eccos about a month ago and I've worn them only a couple times but they always got a compliment from at least one person. They look good with blue jeans, then I wore them when I was getting my new navy suit fitted and they obviously work with that. So I'm happy to have a pair of shoes that can be versitile. 

 

 

eccos.jpg

 

 

 

 

post #4069 of 5233
Were you going to get Danner Arcadia boots?

it looks like you definitely wan't that crepe style sole. as curious george said, I hear they aren't great for the ice, but if that doesn't deter you the RedWing crepe style boot, WIHOUT THE MOC STITCHING, looks similar to the Thorogoods but I think even a little better.

RTEmagicC_redwing-6inch-classic-boot-1.jpg.jpg


If you wanna be more fashion forward, you can go for the Bud Boot from Paul Smith. I own a pair and I like em a lot; the speed hooks save time and look cool.. it's actually described as a "hiking boot" by PS.

ea0d2b45-f498-48cb-bfd9-d626ed7284ef_500x400.jpg
paulboots2.jpg


however, both of these styles have a longer toebox than the styles you posted so I don't know if you're into that.
post #4070 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by aether View Post

Were you going to get Danner Arcadia boots?
it looks like you definitely wan't that crepe style sole. as curious george said, I hear they aren't great for the ice, but if that doesn't deter you the RedWing crepe style boot, WIHOUT THE MOC STITCHING, looks similar to the Thorogoods but I think even a little better.
RTEmagicC_redwing-6inch-classic-boot-1.jpg.jpg
If you wanna be more fashion forward, you can go for the Bud Boot from Paul Smith. I own a pair and I like em a lot; the speed hooks save time and look cool.. it's actually described as a "hiking boot" by PS.
ea0d2b45-f498-48cb-bfd9-d626ed7284ef_500x400.jpg
paulboots2.jpg
however, both of these styles have a longer toebox than the styles you posted so I don't know if you're into that.


 

Best insole I've ever tested is Birkenstock's cork and latex Trekking insole. It gives support to the feet and its good when you have to stand around all day. I like them so much I bought em for my Haferl Richard, which didn't have any insole cushion and the last thing I wanted was to have my feet ache pounding the pavement all day.

 

post #4071 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanF View Post


  Haferl Richard

433

Where can I get this in the US?
post #4072 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post


433
Where can I get this in the US?

 

You can't get it in the US. You can get it from Schuhpaket.com and they will ship to the US. Haferl is made according to UK sizing so its one size smaller than the standard US size.

 

 

http://www.schuhpaket.com/schuhe/haferl/haferl.htm

 

They are beautiful German-made boots. I very much like mine that I bought several years ago from this Internet store in Germany and I can vouch for their good service!

 

UPDATE: Had to correct the Internet link. I hope it will be less confusing now. When I bought the boots, they were made in Germany but nowadays, they are made in Hungary and shipped to Schwangau for final inspection. Here is the history of the production of the Haferl shoe today for those interested:

 

Our Haferl shoe is manufactured in a factory located near Budapest, Hungary by expert craftsmen.

 

There are more than 200 steps involved in the production of an original Haferl shoe: most of them by hand out of carefully selected leather. First the upper stitcher sews up the cutted pieces of leather to an upper and prepares it for the lasting. After the welt sewing and the bottom assembly, the trimming and grinding of the bottom follow. The finish gives the shoe its individual visual effect. After a final inspection the Haferl shoe travels to Schwangau. There we review the shoe for the last time and deliver it to our customers.

 

We are proud to produce our shoes in Hungary, a country famous for its tradition in shoe manufacturing. Here tradition meets modern production, making it possible for us to always offer you the quality you expect in original Haferl shoes.


 

 


Edited by NormanF - 12/3/11 at 10:03pm
post #4073 of 5233
And I thought Americans are terrible at making websites.... I have no idea how to navigate through this site.. baldy[1].gif
post #4074 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

And I thought Americans are terrible at making websites.... I have no idea how to navigate through this site.. baldy[1].gif


If you have difficulty with the German language, use Google Chrome browser. It will autotranslate and help you complete a transaction. And with Haferl, it helps to remember Damen means women in German and Herren means men. wink.gif

 

Click the Haferl icon and if you use Google Chrome browser, the site should be in English and you can then follow it easily.

post #4075 of 5233
Still cant find this specific model.. Do you live in Europe? How did you get your hands on them?
post #4076 of 5233
anyone know how i can get some of those japanese butteros in a 43.5?
post #4077 of 5233
Quote:

I'm almost positive those were on B&S a few weeks ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle328is View Post

Well it looks like this is boot thread now, but I'll throw these in here.

I bought these Eccos about a month ago and I've worn them only a couple times but they always got a compliment from at least one person. They look good with blue jeans, then I wore them when I was getting my new navy suit fitted and they obviously work with that. So I'm happy to have a pair of shoes that can be versitile. 


350x197px-LL-c0584f13_eccos.jpeg




Those are the nicest Eccos I've ever seen. Well made comfortable shoes, but they usually have the worst styling.
post #4078 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Still cant find this specific model.. Do you live in Europe? How did you get your hands on them?


I live in the States. I ordered it from Schuhpaket and I e-mailed them and they assisted me in placing the order. It arrived after three weeks via UPS. Their staff speaks English so tell them what you're looking for and they will do the rest.

post #4079 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

anyone know how i can get some of those japanese butteros in a 43.5?

Going to have to use a proxy service. Sharp Service is pretty popular. Just have them either get them off rakuten or see if they can search the listings for yahoo japan auctions.
post #4080 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by airblaster503 View Post


Going to have to use a proxy service. Sharp Service is pretty popular. Just have them either get them off rakuten or see if they can search the listings for yahoo japan auctions.


White Rabbit is also pretty good. They will come back with a quote and buy it to be shipped to you - and it can be a URL for Rakuten or Yahoo Japan auctions.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please