or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 265

post #3961 of 5238
Guys, I am about to pull the trigger on some winter boots but I cant decide which I want:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Original Brown
331

OR

LL Bean Katahdin Engineer Boot
266

+

Wolverine 1000 Mile Wesley
253

The second option is $100 more but I do get 2 great pairs. On the other hand, the Wolverine Originals are such great shoes.

Help is appreciated
post #3962 of 5238
Personally think the broguing on the wesley looks like crap.
post #3963 of 5238
The brown crmxl is such nice leather. I would go with the 1000 mile boot.
post #3964 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

The brown crmxl is such nice leather. I would go with the 1000 mile boot.

+1
post #3965 of 5238


Anybody know where to buy these? Or what they are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargecharge View Post

I've been looking for an all-weather three-season shoe. Requirements: non-leather sole, non-suede, under $500, not too formal - I mainly wear chinos. Below is what I've got so far - Sanders, Paraboot, and Tricker's. Any other suggestions - anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance -
,
,
,
357


 

post #3966 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

+1

+2 Wolverine 1k mi. looks the best by a mile.

Of course you could still spend that extra $100 and get some Butteros. devil.gif
post #3967 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

+2 Wolverine 1k mi. looks the best by a mile.
Of course you could still spend that extra $100 and get some Butteros. devil.gif

or 233


I agree with you guys that the 1K Original looks the best, and since I was willing to spend $430ish I got to thinking that I might as well go with the Indy. Would you guys say that the extra $100 worth it when it comes between Indy 403 and 1K original?

Bigg, which Buttero were you refering to? I am not very familiar with that brand.
post #3968 of 5238
This Buttero is the one I like:

buttero-barneys-new-york-leather-derby-boot.jpg

If you want to go with the Indy boot, I really like this one from Epaulet better than the standard issue:

Officers%20Indy%20Pair_lo.jpg
post #3969 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

Officers%20Indy%20Pair_lo.jpg

Wow those are indeed very very nice. Only concern is are they suitable as main winter boot? I am in NYC, so nothing too rough, but there are rainy snowy days and id like to wear this boot without fear of it getting damaged, since at that price I wont be able to get another boot for a while..
post #3970 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhas View Post

Wow those are indeed very very nice. Only concern is are they suitable as main winter boot? I am in NYC, so nothing too rough, but there are rainy snowy days and id like to wear this boot without fear of it getting damaged, since at that price I wont be able to get another boot for a while..

The leather is top notch and the soles are rubber. The only downside is that there isn't a lot of traction.

As ugly as they are, I'll be getting a pair of Bean Boots to deal with elements this winter. I keep several pairs of dress shoes at my office and just change before going about my day.
post #3971 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I'm not even 100% sure why but I kind of like these boots.
Y98nJ.jpg

What r deez?
post #3972 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersen View Post


Anybody know where to buy these? Or what they are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargecharge View Post

I've been looking for an all-weather three-season shoe. Requirements: non-leather sole, non-suede, under $500, not too formal - I mainly wear chinos. Below is what I've got so far - Sanders, Paraboot, and Tricker's. Any other suggestions - anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance -
,
,
,
357


 


Look like Tricker's Bourtons without brougueing.
post #3973 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

The leather is top notch and the soles are rubber. The only downside is that there isn't a lot of traction.
As ugly as they are, I'll be getting a pair of Bean Boots to deal with elements this winter. I keep several pairs of dress shoes at my office and just change before going about my day.

Those Epaulet Indys have a double leather sole, probably not the best winter boot. Regular Indys are also dodgy, depending on the weather, but the kudu chromexcel with lug sole would be a great (expensive) winter boot.
post #3974 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shoes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I'm not even 100% sure why but I kind of like these boots.
Y98nJ.jpg

What r deez?

Y S L
post #3975 of 5238
Can someone recommend a brown boot with a slightly thicker toe box than the Dayton service boots? Budget is around $400 give or take. Something a little more rugged with a shape between these and the Daytons (can anyone ID these, they were posted somewhere in this thread before but I can't find it) and leather mid/soles:
262
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please