Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS : Boots/Shoes : Alden Indys, Red Wings, Quoddys, Churchs’ Brogues, Nikes, AM1, etc Last post on 3/11/11 at 10:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 4:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 9/3/15 at 8:26am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 256post #3826 of 525510/31/11 at 10:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3827 of 525511/1/11 at 7:50ampost #3828 of 525511/1/11 at 8:14amQuote:
If you're referring to the convo up above, the boots aren't shell. Checked them out yesterday in person though and I wasn't crazy about them. Leather was fine, just didn't like the shape.post #3829 of 525511/1/11 at 9:53amQuote:
This is true, I would confirm that they are actually horsehide. People misleadingly say cordovan to describe either horsehide or a brown coloured calfskin. It's never shell cordovan, or they would say shell cordovan.post #3830 of 525511/1/11 at 10:24ampost #3831 of 525511/1/11 at 12:03pmpost #3832 of 525511/1/11 at 3:03pmQuote:
They're not really workboots....
Don'tpost #3833 of 525511/1/11 at 4:56pmpost #3834 of 525511/1/11 at 5:01pmQuote:
ask here http://www.styleforum.net/t/57381/official-paul-smith-shoe-thread-all-ps-shoe-questions-herepost #3835 of 525511/1/11 at 10:21pmQuote:
+1 ask in that ps thread. Or search it, there is a great post by zippy in there somewhere comparing the different models. Size varies drastically depending on the particular model/last so we can't give you a generic paul smith size conversion.post #3836 of 525511/2/11 at 2:41pmQuote:
Thanks I will definitely search for that post. Looking for sizing advice in the York back zip boots.post #3837 of 525511/2/11 at 7:31pmpost #3838 of 525511/2/11 at 7:37pmpost #3839 of 525511/2/11 at 8:21pmpost #3840 of 525511/3/11 at 12:44amQuote:
My 2c on OC.. I bought a pair of OC suede brogue boots and the quality seems very high - as good or better than my F+B's. I've only worn them maybe a dozen times so far, but they are comfortable and seem quite durable. I find the lining on boots is often a good indicator of quality and these ones use a perforated leather lining (for breathability, I assume?) that's quite soft.
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1302 Active Users (292 Members and 1010 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 33 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 5 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...