yea man, i wore them around the house and they were super comfy and i couldnt return em
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS : Boots/Shoes : Alden Indys, Red Wings, Quoddys, Churchs’ Brogues, Nikes, AM1, etc Last post on 3/11/11 at 10:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 9/3/15 at 8:26am in Classic Menswear
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 252
Styleforum Top Picks
Burfords are a little more traditional, and Freds more of a modern british "smart" look, t least some makes have larger broguing, contrast sole, etc. This may not make a huge difference, especially if you're in the states and people dont really know the distinction but FWIW.
Yeah, they were ok, not necessarily mind-blowing. I actually found the 45s a little roomy on me, which is surprising given what I've heard about NDC sizing, but I like my footwear snug. I didn't spend too much time looking over them, since I'm taking a gamble on, uh, something else.
All the Grensons that i've seen in boutiquey fashion stores lately have been real shit quality - the leather felt plasticky and i'm pretty sure was corrected grain. I know their top line used to be really good.
Loake 1880 is at least full grain leather.
i think i said i went tts before and it was a mistake, i sank in them, i reordered 2 pairs... one is in 10.5 and one is in 10, i think at least a .5 size down is necessary, i just thought since i have flat feet that an 11 would be ok.... wrong...
good thing there is a barneys in sf, hope the buttero didn't sell out!
Imported = Made in China. I paid more than that for quality mountain boots made in France. It looks good if its the only thing you can afford. Another $100 gets you Bestard boots made in Spain.
It depends on the model and colour. I have the Freds in black and the leather is lovely. The dark brown (honey or whatever) is corrected and coated!
i didnt feel that the last was narrow, it may narrow out towards the heel for stability but otherwise decent size, i am an 11 with flat feet and they fit well, just too bug
The zipper placement on the Varvatos made me think those were Lanvins at first.
Most places only stock the lowest line of Grensons, which tends to feel like plastic glued on a sole
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 15 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 40 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 3 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 3 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Raffiné Paris Locking Duffel Bag 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth