My order from Japan fell through and I have a question to ask which may be stupid but its a valid one. For those of us with normal feet, how does a boot with an EE width fit. I usually wear D width boots. I am considering a boot from Danner's new Sumptown series, either the Lonsdale Low with Horween Leather or the Mountain Light Stark. Both are made in USA of high quality leather. Its not the size but the width of the boots that concerns me. Has anyone with normal feet ever worn a wide boot and how do they feel?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS : Boots/Shoes : Alden Indys, Red Wings, Quoddys, Churchs’ Brogues, Nikes, AM1, etc Last post on 3/11/11 at 10:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds vs. Alden--Which American Great Do You Prefer?!! OFFICIAL Last post on 9/3/15 at 8:26am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 247
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3692 of 525510/16/11 at 11:43ampost #3693 of 525510/16/11 at 11:48ampost #3694 of 525510/16/11 at 2:05pmpost #3695 of 525510/16/11 at 2:19pmQuote:
What's the sizing used? If its European or UK, its probably true to size. If it offers between sizes, go with the one that's closest to what you normally wear.post #3696 of 525510/16/11 at 2:23pmpost #3697 of 525510/16/11 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by skyline
^ thanks for the reply, looking at these in particular:
so you recommend going TTS?
Beautiful.... I like them but I can't justify dropping that much on Italian-made boots. Since the sizes are European, I recommend going with your equivalent US size. For instance, I'm a US 9, I would fit a Euro 42.
Hope this helps!post #3698 of 525510/16/11 at 2:31pmpost #3699 of 525510/16/11 at 9:22pmpost #3700 of 525510/16/11 at 9:50pmpost #3701 of 525510/17/11 at 2:07pmpost #3702 of 525510/18/11 at 1:49pmQuote:
Generally TTS (which his to say, I size down 1)
Why not just go to a cobbler and get it done? I'm not sure if they actually come pre-madepost #3703 of 525510/19/11 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by tellure
That pic doesn't show much in the way of footwear. Any better ref?
Here are my favorite side-zips with nice slim silhouettes:
Fiorentini + Baker "Elf" (I have several of these.. awesome slim silhouette, very comfortable) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Online: gimmeshoes.com, amrag.com, barneys.com (good luck finding the right color/size combo though)
Paul Smith Glenn (never seen these in person but they look nice and slim, and the curving zipper is cool. I'm gonna try and track down a pair to check out) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Online: Paul Smith store.. anyone seen 'em elsewhere?
n.d.c. Midway moto boot; just ordered a pair of these from Gilt.. haven't got 'em yet. Silhouette looks maybe a bit less slim than the F+B's Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Moma side-zip - never found this one online or in-store, so not very useful, but they might put something out in the future.. they seem to make quality stuff Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do you wind up keeping the n.d.c.misway motos? Thoughts?post #3704 of 525510/19/11 at 10:45am
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 1 minute ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments Aviator Jacket/Navy Twill/Sz. M 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?