or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 218

post #3256 of 5246
Anyone know of any mocs or fashionable shoe with a minimal sole? Something with absolutely no heel, not even a wedge sole?
post #3257 of 5246
Looking for recommendations for some grey or navy shoes for the summer. I like these from Heutchy (http://cart.heutchy.com/product/manner-ii-suede) but not the price tag. Anything similar for preferably < $200?
post #3258 of 5246
CCP has shoes without any sole at all
post #3259 of 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocklin View Post
Anyone know of any mocs or fashionable shoe with a minimal sole? Something with absolutely no heel, not even a wedge sole?

bikkembergs have these navy or the same in grey with lace. I tried em at a store. very comfortable. was 350$ canadian. the sole is bikkembergs in big letters. green for the navy shoes and grey / grey for the other version.

post #3260 of 5246
What is the opinion of these http://www.urgefootwear.com.au/shoes...ie-brown-suede http://www.urgefootwear.com.au/shoes...f-choc-leather Im not sure about that pointy toe... but I kinda like the Ralf one and it could look cool tucked into jeans.
post #3261 of 5246
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but didn't think I needed to start a whole new one.

Will Birkenstocks ever be cool again? I've been going through my closet getting rid of stuff I don't wear anymore (generally if I haven't worn it in a year it's a bad sign). My Birks are just chilling in the back, wondering if they will ever have a place in my sartorial expressions again.

Sambas are back, flares are back, woven leather belts are back. Could another 90s staple like Birks get cool again anytime soon? I have my Espadrilles and my boat shoes, so I don't really need them, but they are mad comfortable when it gets super hot...
post #3262 of 5246
I'm looking for a pair of oxfords or wingtips that are casual enough to wear with jeans; I also probably need to avoid leather soles (just not practical because of all the rain).

My question: What brands make a decent shoe at around/under $200? According to these threads, Aldo sucks, Bed Stu sucks, Vintage Shoe Co sucks, Cole Haan sucks, etc.

Any suggestions for someone who can't quite afford AE or Alden?
post #3263 of 5246
dude birkenstocks are on-trend right now they're still ugly though
post #3264 of 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2 View Post
I'm looking for a pair of oxfords or wingtips that are casual enough to wear with jeans; I also probably need to avoid leather soles (just not practical because of all the rain).

My question: What brands make a decent shoe at around/under $200? According to these threads, Aldo sucks, Bed Stu sucks, Vintage Shoe Co sucks, Cole Haan sucks, etc.

You can get AE, paul smith, wolverine 1000 mile boots, etc. all on sale at around 200.
If you watch ebay and the B&S forum you can do even better.
I'd take these over any of the brands you mentioned, and I can't afford new Aldens either!
post #3265 of 5246
How are these boots?
post #3266 of 5246
Any idea where I can pick up a pair of good high lace-up boots?
Something like the Balmain Ranger, but under $1200.
post #3267 of 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcookielol View Post
Any idea where I can pick up a pair of good high lace-up boots?
Something like the Balmain Ranger, but under $1200.

These?
http://www.sanders-uk.com/products/Kelso-122.php
post #3268 of 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcookielol View Post
Any idea where I can pick up a pair of good high lace-up boots?
Something like the Balmain Ranger, but under $1200.

Do you really want them in patent leather? With an unnecessary side zipper they look like fetish gear to me. Maybe this is your look but unless you really want to stand out like a gothninja, I'd avoid.
post #3269 of 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftLearner View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but didn't think I needed to start a whole new one.

Will Birkenstocks ever be cool again? I've been going through my closet getting rid of stuff I don't wear anymore (generally if I haven't worn it in a year it's a bad sign). My Birks are just chilling in the back, wondering if they will ever have a place in my sartorial expressions again.

Sambas are back, flares are back, woven leather belts are back. Could another 90s staple like Birks get cool again anytime soon? I have my Espadrilles and my boat shoes, so I don't really need them, but they are mad comfortable when it gets super hot...

they are already cool, wear without fear (with loose fit pants, rolled up). What model?
post #3270 of 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

No. The leather looks off, and I'm looking for a combat boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post
Do you really want them in patent leather? With an unnecessary side zipper they look like fetish gear to me. Maybe this is your look but unless you really want to stand out like a gothninja, I'd avoid.

Patent leather isn't a must, but quality leather and construction is. I don't mind a zipper as long as it's functional- it'll save me time relacing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please