or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 206

post #3076 of 5233
my dr.martens 1460 vintage oxblood any ideas what top i could wear with these? and what color jeans/tees/shirt that match with these? thank you
post #3077 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuppieSkuppie View Post
My Vibergs after a few months use. This is after giving them some love, but they need a whole lot more polishing.











Do you have model number for these boots I would like to pick up a pair if they are still available.
post #3078 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhasblao View Post
my dr.martens 1460 vintage oxblood

any ideas what top i could wear with these?

and what color jeans/tees/shirt that match with these?

thank you

fred perry and braces (suspenders)?
post #3079 of 5233
Just wondering If anyone has anyone photos of the newer models of Paul Smith Ricard boots in black that have the Dainite sole. thanks
post #3080 of 5233
Quick question I've got a pair of dayton service boots and wanted to know if is possible to lighten the oil tanned leather?
post #3081 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubc121 View Post
Quick question I've got a pair of dayton service boots and wanted to know if is possible to lighten the oil tanned leather?

Darkening leather shoes is easy, lightening them is almost impossible.
post #3082 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuppieSkuppie View Post
My Vibergs after a few months use. This is after giving them some love, but they need a whole lot more polishing.


]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMist View Post
Do you have model number for these boots I would like to pick up a pair if they are still available.

Me too. Are these the service boots? I'm a big fan of these.
post #3083 of 5233
My Rowland Brothers boots. I can't seem to find anything about this company.
post #3084 of 5233
The toe profile of the Vibergs (from the link) is horrendous. ^these look great.
post #3085 of 5233
I got both at Winners. Lace-ups were $70 (marked down from $250), and the pull-ons were $100 (marked down from $300). Couldn't believe the Winners here was trying to sell shoes for over $200. None of the customers around here would pay that, so I just kept checking back and waited for them to come down.
They're both made in Italy. Only other boots I've seen from them were on this blog. That guy was a little more patient on the markdowns than I was, but mine are nicer.
post #3086 of 5233
Anything similar to these Aldens out there at a lower price point? I like the clean, polished, simple look with the cap toe styling, but these only come in shell. Looking for more like $200-300 instead of the nearly $600 these fetch.

post #3087 of 5233
Hey guys.
With summer coming to an end in Australia although it being quite shit, I'm looking at putting aside money towards some boots for winter.

Now the requirements are that they have to withstand rain but there isn't any real snow in Melbourne so I don't have to worry about that.
I guess the problem is I like a lot of the boots around but I'm wondering what would be the most suitable an easily changable from wearing around university to going out and about at night (not to super formal things. Just out for socialising)

I don't want something that looks rugged.
I like Alden Indy boots but prefer a plain toe.
Also like the look of GTs, 1000 mile boots, the CP officers boot.

Basically they all look good so I need some advice on shortening the list.
Do not really want to spend more than $500USD
post #3088 of 5233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezero View Post
Hey guys.
With summer coming to an end in Australia although it being quite shit, I'm looking at putting aside money towards some boots for winter.

Now the requirements are that they have to withstand rain but there isn't any real snow in Melbourne so I don't have to worry about that.
I guess the problem is I like a lot of the boots around but I'm wondering what would be the most suitable an easily changable from wearing around university to going out and about at night (not to super formal things. Just out for socialising)

I don't want something that looks rugged.
I like Alden Indy boots but prefer a plain toe.
Also like the look of GTs, 1000 mile boots, the CP officers boot.

Basically they all look good so I need some advice on shortening the list.
Do not really want to spend more than $500USD

Wolverine 1000 Miles, they get sleeker once broken in (if sized properly) and I prefer to leather sole over the commando sole of the GTs.
post #3089 of 5233
I second the Wolverine 1000 Mile. Seems to satisfy your demands.

Have a look @ the Addison, it's a bit more refined and less workmanlike:

post #3090 of 5233
Nezero:

Orvis also has these Aldens. Similar to the Indy but plain toe. They're on sale right now too, 100 bucks off:



http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...subcat_id=6681
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please