or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please - Page 11

post #151 of 5231
They're military boots. I got mine used from ebay. I think i've seen a pair of ones in olive green off of a israeli military surplus site a long time ago but that's about it. I don't know what to tell you. Find an israel proxy?
post #152 of 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post
I have to say, I always wondered about how Quoddys were because they exploded in popularity all of a sudden and I never found them special enough to warrant their price. However these are just plain gorgeous. Is burgunday is a normal color or did you special order this? What's the price/quality/feel like?

Sorry, forgot about this thread. I called them directly and asked if they had burgundy leather available and they said they did. They cost the same as the ones they have on their webstore, $178.00. The quality is leagues above the LL Bean Hand-Sewn Blucher Mocs I returned. I plan on wearing these for a long time. I can't recommend them enough.
post #153 of 5231
ok, i gotta ask, are those yours? they look like they will give you foot disease even if you drowned it in bleach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
....



...
post #154 of 5231
^ Huh? They are new shoes that have been distressed. They aren't dirrrty.
post #155 of 5231
What is the deal with them?
post #156 of 5231
The deal? They are shoes, made by Augusta, sold at Atelier. They are expensive--roughly the same price as 42 pairs of Converse All Stars.
post #157 of 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulansauce View Post
The deal? They are shoes, made by Augusta, sold at Atelier. They are expensive--roughly the same price as 42 pairs of Converse All Stars.


Why? they look terrible.
post #158 of 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdas View Post
Why?

Because they are made by Augusta and sold at Atelier.
post #159 of 5231
I think theyre an acquired taste. Personally, I think they would look sick with black jeans/trousers.
post #160 of 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScarf7 View Post
I think theyre an acquired taste. Personally, I think they would look sick with black jeans/trousers.

post #161 of 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulansauce View Post

Exactly. Ty, sir.
post #162 of 5231
Thanks for holding down the fort Mulan.
post #163 of 5231
I think they'd look better with slightly more stacking, or some trousers in charcoal/black/grey (wool or cotton, whatever) and some beige med cut dress socks. Keep the trousers about the same 1-2 break that the raf jeans have, or even no break if the pants are slim enough. Just imagining sitting down, crossing your legs and it everything working really well.
post #164 of 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScarf7 View Post
I think theyre an acquired taste. Personally, I think they would look sick with black jeans/trousers.

You mean just like how these are an acquired taste?



It's funny how some of you will shit on brands like Abercrombie when they distress the heck out of their stuff but when it's from a more "fashionable" brand it becomes a must buy.

Personally, I think anything but minor distressing usually looks terrible and in this case I feel the same way. Why would you want to project the idea that you don't know how to take care of your own clothes? It's different if it's natural and represents your own lifestyle in some way, if you are indeed a bum on the street with only one pair of shoes, but when the rest of your wardrobe is expensive high fashion garb in pristine condition it looks awfully contrived.
post #165 of 5231
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
I think they'd look better with slightly more stacking, or some trousers in charcoal/black/grey (wool or cotton, whatever) and some beige med cut dress socks. Keep the trousers about the same 1-2 break that the raf jeans have, or even no break if the pants are slim enough. Just imagining sitting down, crossing your legs and it everything working really well.

I'ma wear them with some Margiela chinos I have today. Carla will take pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_George View Post
You mean just like how these are an acquired taste?



It's funny how some of you will shit on brands like Abercrombie when they distress the heck out of their stuff but when it's from a more "fashionable" brand it becomes a must buy.

Personally, I think anything but minor distressing usually looks terrible and in this case I feel the same way. Why would you want to project the idea that you don't know how to take care of your own clothes? It's different if it's natural and represents your own lifestyle in some way, if you are indeed a bum on the street with only one pair of shoes, but when the rest of your wardrobe is expensive high fashion garb in pristine condition it looks awfully contrived.

Truth be told I have a sort of reckless disdain for my footwear. I drag my feet, always catch the corner getting in a taxi, trip on a curb, etc. So it's sort of a humorous take on the way I wear things and what they eventually look like. I also hate taking my shoes to get them shinned. I could have gone to Leffot and bought a nice pair of "Men's Clothing" style shoes; but, I have plenty that will work for that. My other option was getting another pair of Jil Sander handmade shoes...but, I didn't want to wait 10 weeks again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please