or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Paris Hilton
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Paris Hilton - Page 2

post #16 of 37
Quote:
She is but the latest in the parade of fools who've been famous for being famous, most of whom would elicit similar ewwwww comments: Charo, Pia Zadora, any of the Gabor sisters, et. al.
At least Charo sang, the Gabor sisters acted, and Pia Zadora did a bit of both. (I'm not saying they did them well, but at least they did them). Paris Hilton hadn't done anything. Yet when she loses her dog, it makes national news broadcasts.
post #17 of 37
She's done stuff. She 'wrote' a book, models, acts, has her own show, etc. Her album is due to hit stores soon.
post #18 of 37
Quote:
She's done stuff.  She 'wrote' a book, models, acts, has her own show, etc.  Her album is due to hit stores soon.
But this is all after she'd become famous. That's my point - she's parlayed her celebrity into a career, instead of the other way around.
post #19 of 37
Actually - I would argue that she parlayed her money (inheritance) into celebrity. I suppose you have to give her some credit for that - otherwise she would just be another anonymous heiress who shops, vacations in the Hamptons and doesn't work. Paris and to a lesser extent, her sister Nicki, very clearly decided to become celebrities and have done their best to make that happen. If she didn't want to be famous, would she have agreed to The Simple Life and the other celebrity activities she has done? Bradford
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Actually - I would argue that she parlayed her money (inheritance) into celebrity. I suppose you have to give her some credit for that - otherwise she would just be another anonymous heiress who shops, vacations in the Hamptons and doesn't work. Paris and to a lesser extent, her sister Nicki, very clearly decided to become celebrities and have done their best to make that happen. If she didn't want to be famous, would she have agreed to The Simple Life and the other celebrity activities she has done? Bradford
True, but that's not actually DOING anything. I mean, coming from money is now enough to be famous? When will we see imageWIS on the cover of People?
post #21 of 37
One of the numbers was called and the answering machine recording was something to the effect of "drug and heroin rehab experts." or something.
post #22 of 37
Paris Hilton's celebrity is an inevitable result of our reality-TV culture.  Remember when Evan Marriott (the original "Joe Millionaire") was the biggest celebrity in the country?  The surprise is that real celebrities actually want to associate with her.  She just doesn't seem all that interesting.
post #23 of 37
Quote:
When will we see imageWIS on the cover of People?
Next week, I believe.
post #24 of 37
Quote:
True, but that's not actually DOING anything.  I mean, coming from money is now enough to be famous?  
Right - but my point is - she could of just stayed out of the limelight, but instead she actively pursues it by doing reality shows, not using legal action to stop the distribution of her amateur sex tape and doing modeling and public appearances. So in some regards, she is doing something - albeit, not what most people would consider as work. I mean - honestly - wouldn't her life be easier if she didn't choose to go out and film three seasons of The Simple Life. Yet, instead, she subjects herself to this "quasi" reality show in a quest to become famous - not just rich. Bradford
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Quote:
(PeterMetro @ Feb. 22 2005,15:59) When will we see imageWIS on the cover of People?
Next week, I believe.
HAHAHAHA Jon.
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS,Feb. 22 2005,14:06
Eww. To all of it, ewww. I hate the way she looks, I hate what she represents, I hate the way she acts, I hate her nouveau riche lifestyle, I hate her lack of common sense / I hate that she wouldn't know what common sense was if Tom Paine came back from the grave and read it to her, I hate her being on the news when actual news events are going on, I hate her. Jon. (In case you missed it, I hate Paris Hilton)
I'm wondering how much hate there would be if Ms. Hilton showed up at your doorstep wearing only a smile . . .
Ok, I'll fuck her, but only on two conditions: A) She wears a bag over her head B) I am guaranteed complete immunity from any STD's Jon.
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Quote:
(Bradford @ Feb. 22 2005,16:22) Actually - I would argue that she parlayed her money (inheritance) into celebrity. I suppose you have to give her some credit for that - otherwise she would just be another anonymous heiress who shops, vacations in the Hamptons and doesn't work. Paris and to a lesser extent, her sister Nicki, very clearly decided to become celebrities and have done their best to make that happen. If she didn't want to be famous, would she have agreed to The Simple Life and the other celebrity activities she has done? Bradford
True, but that's not actually DOING anything. I mean, coming from money is now enough to be famous? When will we see imageWIS on the cover of People?
People? No. Forbes? Perhaps. Time? Could go hand-in-hand with Forbes. Jon.
post #28 of 37
Quote:
Hysterical. And proof you have WAY too much time on your hands.
post #29 of 37
Quote:
And proof you have WAY too much time on your hands.
Hey, what do you expect? I am 17 years old, and my father is one of the 19,413 billionaires hiding out in London's toniest 'burbs.
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Ok, I'll fuck her, but only on two conditions: A) She wears a bag over her head B) I am guaranteed complete immunity from any STD's
C'mon, Paris Hilton is no Amber Valletta, but she's not ugly either.  Unless you need the bag to prevent her from talking, in which case I agree.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Paris Hilton