• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well it's finally happened, coworkers have caught me browsing the waywt thread

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I have to explain to everyone why I was looking at random pictures of guys on my computer.

I don't think they're going to understand the whole "I'm just try to get inspired by the way other fashionable gentleman dress" answer either.
frown.gif

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I didn't realize this site is mostly "NSFW" in that manner.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Now I have to explain to everyone why I was looking at random pictures of guys on my computer.

I don't think they're going to understand the whole "I'm just try to get inspired by the way other fashionable gentleman dress" answer either.
frown.gif

LOL

I actually came very close to getting caught earlier today, thankfully I was reading a response post and not the pictures in the post above....whew.

You could say that it's a hobby of yours to provide fashion advice to random men online. Wait...that's not any better...
peepwall[1].gif

Doc4

Reaction score
I trust the photos in the WAYWT thread are (by definition) "clothes ON" photos ... so there's not that much to explain.
uhoh.gif

Siggy

Reaction score
You better start checking out some Sports Illustrated sites and a few gun forums at work...
colgate.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander

frown.gif

Do your co-workers know you have a tie business on the side? what do you do for "work" anyway? SF is entirely consistent with your tie business.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Do your co-workers know you have a tie business on the side? what do you do for "work" anyway? SF is entirely consistent with your tie business.
If they know about your tie business, then looking at a clothing forum would seem obvious. Still, I guess getting caught presents a bit of awkwardness.

euro

Reaction score
LOL, it's worse for me--I was caught on ThePurseForum (purseblog/tPF) looking at pictures of handbags and my manager gave me the strangest look. Not my fault that that's the best resource for the bag I was looking at buying, but then everyone at work kind of thinks I might be gay just because I'm into fashion. Now I work in a corner so have more privacy, yay!

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to keep my business separate from work. Most people here don't know about it.

Still it's hard to explain away looking at snapshots of random men on your computer.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can remedy that by getting 'caught' looking at the "Are these fake" and "Asian Women Appreciation" threads.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
You can remedy that by getting 'caught' looking at the "Are these fake" and "Asian Women Appreciation" threads.

heh, then I risk getting fired
decisions.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One time a good friend that is a co-worker was at a client site and browsing the internet. She was apparently taking one of those cheesy "internet personality tests", like "Which Seinfeld character are you?".

Except it was "How much of a slut are you?" and on the screen as I walked up behind her, in plain view of everybody in the office, it said "You are 79% slut". I'm glad it was me and not a co-worker.

Mr T

Reaction score
Tell them you are gay. If they give you a hard time about it sue them and use the funds to expand your clothing business.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This happened to me as well. I told them that hey, some of you guys like football, others watches. And some of us like style.

Fortunately, a lot of folks that I work with do indeed dress well, and several are members of Timezone.

So, they thought it was weird at first, but then figured what the hell.

You don't need to be defensive about it. Anyone's hobby can be made fun of. And if they think it is ridiculous, just mock them and tell them that maybe they should be reading SF and perhaps that'll help them to not dress like absolute fools.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Heh. Once they read up here and get familiar with the likes of Conne, Edmorel, etc... you're screwed!!!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads