or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › New Hair Style?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hair Style?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
I've let my hair do its own thing since May and its starting to get really sloppy looking. I'm looking for some ideas what to do with it. Here it is how you'd see it on any given day: Here it is combed really straight (I never do this) so you can see how long it is: I looked through some hairstyle sites and the best I came up with was this, but I'm not sure if it'd work on me. What do you guys think? Have any recommendations?
post #2 of 28
It would work on you if that's all you wanted, but look around, everyone has that hair.

If you got your hair thinned out on the top, put a little bit of texture in it with some good product, and stood up straight, I think that little bit would go a long way to making you look more mature.
post #3 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
It would work on you if that's all you wanted, but look around, everyone has that hair.

If you got your hair thinned out on the top, put a little bit of texture in it with some good product, and stood up straight, I think that little bit would go a long way to making you look more mature.
Well, I am looking for something more fashion-forward, but easy to maintain, I don't think spiked hair looks good though.
post #4 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
fashion-forward, but easy to maintain
post #5 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga View Post
I don't think I could respectfully pull off Hedi's hair, lol. Maybe something w/ more length?
post #6 of 28
Hedi's hair looks horrible, do you really want to wear Diors AND try and have that haircut? IMO anything with bangs that can cover your big mole will look good.
post #7 of 28
i dn't think that this style will be good looking on you!
post #8 of 28
You don't need to do much.....get some Aveda Grooming Clay and work it in with your fingers. You should be able to get the style, noted above.
post #9 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_wear View Post
i dn't think that this style will be good looking on you!
What would then?
post #10 of 28
Just try something new everyday. Buy a bunch of different products at once, and keep experimenting. Make a checklist to get Gel/pomade/putty/paste/wax. It's fortunate that you have enough hair to work with. Don't limit yourself by getting a short haircut just yet.

You're right, your hair does look sloppy, like a lego man, but don't confuse that with too long. Just get it trimmed up around the ears and back, but leave the overall length. Your hair also looks dry and thin. Get a thickening shampoo, and wash your hair infrequently so it's easier to style. A little oil and product buildup is a good thing.

A quick suggestion off the top of my head.

post #11 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Just try something new everyday. Buy a bunch of different products at once, and keep experimenting. Make a checklist to get Gel/pomade/putty/paste/wax. It's fortunate that you have enough hair to work with. Don't limit yourself by getting a short haircut just yet. You're right, your hair does look sloppy, like a lego man, but don't confuse that with too long. Just get it trimmed up around the ears and back, but leave the overall length. Your hair also looks dry and thin. Get a thickening shampoo, and wash your hair infrequently so it's easier to style. A little oil and product buildup is a good thing. A quick suggestion off the top of my head.
Previous haircutters have told me my hair is the thickest they've seen on a guy. I don't think it's necessarily dry, but I'm not sure. I'll think about checking out some product, but I was hoping for something that didn't require any product.
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post

I'll think about checking out some product, but I was hoping for something that didn't require any product.

Don't count on it. Your hair will look nearly the same every single day without. If you are concerned about time spent making yourself presentable in the morning, don't be. After you get a few styles down it will take you no time recreate it in the morning, even before coffee.
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Just try something new everyday. Buy a bunch of different products at once, and keep experimenting. Make a checklist to get Gel/pomade/putty/paste/wax. It's fortunate that you have enough hair to work with. Don't limit yourself by getting a short haircut just yet. You're right, your hair does look sloppy, like a lego man, but don't confuse that with too long. Just get it trimmed up around the ears and back, but leave the overall length. Your hair also looks dry and thin. Get a thickening shampoo, and wash your hair infrequently so it's easier to style. A little oil and product buildup is a good thing. A quick suggestion off the top of my head.
I've found that men with longer hair only look good in photos or video. Like all these models or actors you see. In person, that look always appears unkept and slobbish. It doesn't translate to real life.
post #14 of 28
You really consider this hair long?
post #15 of 28
the very last pic isn't working for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › New Hair Style?