or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please - Page 146

post #2176 of 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn777 View Post

Here is a close up of mine... It's about a year and half old and the leather just keeps getting better. Check the detail of stitching.... Really amazing.


It's the Makr sleeve right?
post #2177 of 2274
Yes, exactly. The question is what frame do you need a case for?
post #2178 of 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn777 View Post

Yes, exactly. The question is what frame do you need a case for?

My bad, thought my reply went through earlier in the thread.

I got:
http://blackoptical.com/products/thom-browne-705
post #2179 of 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by skenney View Post

My bad, thought my reply went through earlier in the thread.

I got:
http://blackoptical.com/products/thom-browne-705

Great choice sir. Did you buy it from Gary?

Just as an FYI, Black Optical has their own special edition MAKR leather sleeve as well.
post #2180 of 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn777 View Post

Great choice sir. Did you buy it from Gary?

Just as an FYI, Black Optical has their own special edition MAKR leather sleeve as well.

Yeah I bought it from Gary.

I was looking at their edition of the Makr sleeve, but was also looking st the Made Solid cases.

But yeah I'm pretty excited about the pair.
post #2181 of 2274

I recently acquired a pair of Buffalo Horn sunglasses and a pair of Macassar ebony wood sunglasses. 

 

Can someone explain to me the advantages of these materials over standard sunglasses material (outside of appearance)?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #2182 of 2274
^ Hypoallergenic (supposedly), light weight (horn, at least), comfortable as molding into shape over time (again, supposedly).
post #2183 of 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSense View Post

^ Hypoallergenic (supposedly), light weight (horn, at least), comfortable as molding into shape over time (again, supposedly).


Yea mostly this. I think quality is a huge aspect of glasses/sunglasses hence why I'm so picky but that being said if the glasses were not holding you back would anything be
post #2184 of 2274

Someone must know this brand.  I'm assuming it's a small independent brand?   I've seen the logo before!

 

I would buy these from the store I was in but it's all the way in Paris (and they won't ship here).  They also refuse to divulge the brand name :-/  Parisians eh?

 

Here they are -  you can make out the logo on the corners of the legs.   Plus a diamond shape on the front.

 

Thanks to anyone who can help.

 

post #2185 of 2274
That doesn't make sense as to why they wouldn't divulge the brand. What store in Paris was it from? I can try to backward induct to figure out what it is.
post #2186 of 2274

The same reason they wouldn't let me photograph myself wearing them in store...as well as how they cover up the brand name in-house with a sticker.  They don't want people to come in and find the brand...then buy them online at a discount.  I was trying to have a friend take a photograph of myself wearing them  (not even with a label visible) to purchase it later and rather quickly they became very strict and told us to stop immediately - no photographs.  I felt they lost a sale then and there...apologized...and walked out.  Was angry at the absurdity of it to begin with.

 

 

I'll save the store name for the time being.

 

Thanks for responding.  What exactly is backward inducting?  I googled it and found game theory ;)

post #2187 of 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchogrey View Post

The same reason they wouldn't let me photograph myself wearing them in store...as well as how they cover up the brand name in-house with a sticker.  They don't want people to come in and find the brand...then buy them online at a discount.  I was trying to have a friend take a photograph of myself wearing them  (not even with a label visible) to purchase it later and rather quickly they became very strict and told us to stop immediately - no photographs.  I felt they lost a sale then and there...apologized...and walked out.  Was angry at the absurdity of it to begin with.


I'll save the store name for the time being.

Thanks for responding.  What exactly is backward inducting?  I googled it and found game theory wink.gif

its just a method of figuring things out and yea its used in game theory...i figured if i knew the store i could figure out what they carry. That still is the oddest story...why have it in the store if they didnt want to sell them because thats what it sounds like.
post #2188 of 2274

They don't want anyone photographing the wares since a lot of people these days...come into a store...find glasses they like...photography the model number and brand...and leave.  Only to purchase them online from another reseller.
 

What was overly-strict of them was not allowing me to photograph myself wearing them.  That's just absurd.

 

They just sold out of them so now I'm still on the hunt for the brand :-/

 

 

They did have AN AMAZING selection of eyewear however.

post #2189 of 2274

Anyway, in hopes someone may see it in one last ditch effort - anyone recognize this logo on the corners of the legs?   It looks so familiar to me.

 

Quote:

 

 

post #2190 of 2274

They are quite beautiful. Would be interested in something similar to that shape and colour.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please