or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please - Page 116

post #1726 of 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post

My wife's brother found this page selling Ray-Ban incredibly cheap: http://www.sunglasses-eurostore.com/

I'm almost sure that it isn't legit. What's your opinion?

I can tell you this... aside from the fact that they have zero contact info! the half-assed attorneys they had write up the "Conditions of Use" go hand-in-hand with the price of the glasses so put 2 and 2 together.... simple math bro.
post #1727 of 1925
Cita:
Iniciado por gshen Ver Mensaje

Creo que ha estado de acuerdo en que Americana de Óptica y Randolph aviadores son la misma bestia. Mi compañero AO en cromo mate, llegó hoy, y es una pieza muy sólida de equipo ...

post #1728 of 1925

Anyone interested in some American Optical Aviator Gold/Gray Lens/52

post #1729 of 1925
If you end up buying RE glasses, get them directly from RE's website. You are guaranteed to get a pair without any problems.
post #1730 of 1925

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a new pair of sunglasses. I've been looking around for the aviator kind of style. Especially the classic aviators from Randoloh Engineering and American Optical ones. Now I have a small head and I have been checking this link http://www.randolphusa.com/buy/sizing-info/

I measured and my temple to temple size is actually less than 115mm, 110mm to be precise. Based on this even 47mm would be too big, or perhaps just right. But since the aviators start at 52mm I guess these glasses will be too big? Although 52mm doesn't sound that big, I'm worried the bridge size will be too big. I thought this was 20mm compared with Ray Ban Aviators which are around 14mm. Will these AO or RE aviators be too big for me?

post #1731 of 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark water View Post
 

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a new pair of sunglasses. I've been looking around for the aviator kind of style. Especially the classic aviators from Randoloh Engineering and American Optical ones. Now I have a small head and I have been checking this link http://www.randolphusa.com/buy/sizing-info/

I measured and my temple to temple size is actually less than 115mm, 110mm to be precise. Based on this even 47mm would be too big, or perhaps just right. But since the aviators start at 52mm I guess these glasses will be too big? Although 52mm doesn't sound that big, I'm worried the bridge size will be too big. I thought this was 20mm compared with Ray Ban Aviators which are around 14mm. Will these AO or RE aviators be too big for me?

 

go to a shop, try them on and take a picture through the mirror (otherwise the wide angel of the camera will make your face look strange!)

post #1732 of 1925

Can someone please tell me what type of sunglasses these are? I bought them off ebay months ago and lost them. They were advertized on Ebay as Versace Model e53,, but i'm not sure i believe it now since i cannot find them anywhere. I loved them, knock off or not lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

 

post #1733 of 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr usneun View Post
 

 

go to a shop, try them on and take a picture through the mirror (otherwise the wide angel of the camera will make your face look strange!)

Yeah I probably should do that. Hope that I can find them anywhere. 

I still have one more question. My favorite pair of sunglasses I own now are Serengeti Maestrale. I absolutely dig them, but I think they are probably not suitable for formal business wear.

They are exactly the same color as this pair:

 

Although they are not comparable with the typical Oakley sport glasses, they are still categorized as sport glasses. So I wondered what your opinions would be about using these glasses for more formal wear.

post #1734 of 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark water View Post
 

Yeah I probably should do that. Hope that I can find them anywhere. 

I still have one more question. My favorite pair of sunglasses I own now are Serengeti Maestrale. I absolutely dig them, but I think they are probably not suitable for formal business wear.

They are exactly the same color as this pair:

 

Although they are not comparable with the typical Oakley sport glasses, they are still categorized as sport glasses. So I wondered what your opinions would be about using these glasses for more formal wear.

 

No just no. Those are NOT formal glasses. If you want to go formal I suggest you get some wayfarers, with those you can't go wrong. Or how old are you?

post #1735 of 1925

Haha ok. So I definitely need to search for new glasses. I'm 25 so i'm pretty new to the business attire and i'm looking for glasses which suits smaller faces.

post #1736 of 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Thanks. I read up on American Optics and Randolph Engineering sunglasses. I heard mixed things on them about their weight and quality and was looking for other options.

 

This is a little late. The quality of the Randolph Engineering glasses I have is terrific. They are definitely not flimsy material, if that is what  you are asking. I'm not a sunglasses expert or anything, but I have no complaints. And they are guaranteed for life. I don't know  much about American Optics, but I've heard it's an excellent value for the price.


Edited by goldenbear - 1/26/14 at 12:11pm
post #1737 of 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark water View Post
 

Haha ok. So I definitely need to search for new glasses. I'm 25 so i'm pretty new to the business attire and i'm looking for glasses which suits smaller faces.

 

Okay, so wayfarers would suit you best. Or something like that.

post #1738 of 1925

Can anyone who is familiar with Persol Sunglasses explain to me the difference between the 2994 vs 2989? Is it simply just a difference in the shape of the bridge, because otherwise they look somewhat similar...

post #1739 of 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post

This is a little late. The quality of the Randolph Engineering glasses I have is terrific. They are definitely not flimsy material, if that is what  you are asking. I'm not a sunglasses expert or anything, but I have no complaints. And they are guaranteed for life. I don't know  much about American Optics, but I've heard it's an excellent value for the price.

Thanks. I ended up getting a pair of mosley tribes aviators.
post #1740 of 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWilliam View Post
 

Can anyone who is familiar with Persol Sunglasses explain to me the difference between the 2994 vs 2989? Is it simply just a difference in the shape of the bridge, because otherwise they look somewhat similar...

 

yes...what else do you want to hear? For example, the 649 and 714 have the same design.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please