or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please - Page 10

post #136 of 1795
Maui Jims have the best optics. Go someplace where you can compare them with other sunglasses and you will see. They kill glare and enhance color. MJ has excellent customer service too. It all comes at a cost but if you can justify the $, they have no competition. I like their styles too, mostly aviator variants.

If you are looking purely for "fashion" sunglasses, something else may work better for you.
post #137 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
I find most Oakley's kind of ridiculous unless you're on tour in the military.

They look pretty silly on military types. They should only be allowed on cyclists, triathletes and beach volleyball babes.
post #138 of 1795
Oakley has a lot of "hurr, x-treme!" frames, but there's some alright stuff in there. It's the gigantic plastic frames that get promoted, but I guess they just know their audience.

(For what it's worth, I think 80% of the people who wear Aviators can't pull them off, and just wind up looking like douches.)
post #139 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaquiran View Post
They look pretty silly on military types. They should only be allowed on cyclists, triathletes and beach volleyball babes.

MLB outfielders too.
post #140 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanikehead View Post


picked these up from Nordstrom Rack for $90. some YSL shades, don't know the exact model.

Mercedes Benz has a pair like that with glass lenses if I remember correctly.
post #141 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaquiran View Post
They look pretty silly on military types. They should only be allowed on cyclists, triathletes and beach volleyball babes.

Oakley may not be the style that most are looking for but they fit snug which is good for sports and also wearing under helmets.
post #142 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxdoHawk View Post

(For what it's worth, I think 80% of the people who wear Aviators can't pull them off, and just wind up looking like douches.)

I agree. People just wear them because they are "cool". It just doesnt fit call face shapes and some do look like douches.
post #143 of 1795
Mosley Tribes - Gates. Does anybody own a pair? How are they? Fit pic?

Can't decide 100% whether I wanna go cheaper with some Rayban wayfarer types (squares or 2140), the Choroid Plexus by CoN, or Mosley Tribe Gates.

Gates



CoN's



or ray bans

Squares:


2140s
post #144 of 1795
Whats wrong with oakleys they look pretty dope to me?
post #145 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaquiran View Post
They look pretty silly on military types. They should only be allowed on cyclists, triathletes and beach volleyball babes.

Eh, all my ROTC friends get 75% discounts on Oakleys so they are kind of the sunglasses of choice for all soon to be in the military kids. I don't find them especially attractive but I understand the appeal.
post #146 of 1795
I don't own any Mosley Tribes, but the make great sunglasses and are high quality.
post #147 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropbeats View Post
Whats wrong with oakleys they look pretty dope to me?
They're over the top, 'extreme' glasses marketted at people that want to look 'cool' and 'trendy', they are just as much a status symbol and marketting stunt as Ed Hardy and iPhones (those two are only related by this comparison and by the gods I hope it stays that way). Unless you really are an athlete who needs to benefit from the high impact durability you might as well stamp 'try hard' on your forehead to complete the look.
post #148 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX101 View Post
They're over the top, 'extreme' glasses marketted at people that want to look 'cool' and 'trendy', they are just as much a status symbol and marketting stunt as Ed Hardy and iPhones (those two are only related by this comparison and by the gods I hope it stays that way). Unless you really are an athlete who needs to benefit from the high impact durability you might as well stamp 'try hard' on your forehead to complete the look.

uh ok what about the thumps, to expensive for what they are but I like them

Dog wears em

post #149 of 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post
Mosley Tribes - Gates. Does anybody own a pair? How are they? Fit pic?

Can't decide 100% whether I wanna go cheaper with some Rayban wayfarer types (squares or 2140), the Choroid Plexus by CoN, or Mosley Tribe Gates.

Gates



CoN's



or ray bans

Squares:


2140s

Having $100 of coupon at Optical shop of Aspen, I tried on the Gates. They looked neat, but weren't really my style. Ended up with the Boroughs. I'd probably buy the gates over the Ray Bans. Still a classic, but with a bit of a modern twist.
post #150 of 1795
those sunglasses look awesome, i do want
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please