or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please - Page 79

post #1171 of 1988
i used to have an all black pair of AO's but gave them to my uncle since he really liked the pair. had it shipped to someone i know in the us and she shipped it here to me. today i chanced upon this pair in a shop. they're american optical skymaster classic sports. converted the price for them today... $267!!! I DON'T REMEMBER THE EXACT PRICE FOR MY BLACK PAIR AND I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF THEY'RE THE SAME MODEL BUT THIS SEEMS TO BE 200 OVER! am i wrong? is the skymaster a more expensive model? tom ford james bond fit me well too. i think the aviators that work for me are the ones that are more rectangular but don't necessarily have to lose their tear drop shape and don't go down to my cheeks. i cold probably force it but i see to many people that do and they're better suited to the more rectangular ones. can't find a pic of my RL's but i kinda know they're going to fall apart someday soon lol. they're black metal and lenses with dark brown tortoise hinges. also pretty oversized. since asians usually have diamond face shapes square and oblong would be teh frames for them. i don't really know of oblong frames that aren't glasses but in square shaped i've bought a pair of robert geller "mastroianni" whatevers and they're my most flattering pair. not the nicest but most flattering. as i mentioned before a squarish aviator that i like is the rolf. i think the one i saw was this one. not sure but i love the color combo on this one. http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-...line/16018.htm
post #1172 of 1988
I'm back. I think I've decided that my next pair will be Persols. I don't own any and I really like their design but I am weary about fit. I had a pair of 2720 (Casino Royale) and they were a terrible fit. Since the plastic arms had no give (compared to a springed metal frame), they literally floated on my face. From the front it might look fine but if I turned to the side, you could see that the glasses did not rest on my nose or my cheeks for that matter. They just sort of floated, held tight against my temple on each side. I have the (aforementioned) "Asian bridge" problem and many glasses tend to sit on my cheeks rather than the bridge and it's really uncomfortable and annoying. Glasses that DO fit me: Almost all athletic glasses - Oakley Radar Path, Oakley Jawbone, Oakley M-Frame Hybrid S, Rudy Project Kerosene Oliver Peoples Aric Paul Smith PS-834 Ray Ban Sidestreet Ray Bay (New) Wayfarers What are some popular models? Do you think the 714's would fit? I have a smallish face.
post #1173 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
I'm back. I think I've decided that my next pair will be Persols.

I don't own any and I really like their design but I am weary about fit. I had a pair of 2720 (Casino Royale) and they were a terrible fit. Since the plastic arms had no give (compared to a springed metal frame), they literally floated on my face. From the front it might look fine but if I turned to the side, you could see that the glasses did not rest on my nose or my cheeks for that matter. They just sort of floated, held tight against my temple on each side.

I have the (aforementioned) "Asian bridge" problem and many glasses tend to sit on my cheeks rather than the bridge and it's really uncomfortable and annoying.

Glasses that DO fit me:

Almost all athletic glasses - Oakley Radar Path, Oakley Jawbone, Oakley M-Frame Hybrid S, Rudy Project Kerosene

Oliver Peoples Aric
Paul Smith PS-834
Ray Ban Sidestreet
Ray Bay (New) Wayfarers

What are some popular models? Do you think the 714's would fit? I have a smallish face.

Salt Optic Terry and Persol 2958 are good fits for an Asian bridge.
post #1174 of 1988
Thanks AirHawk`
post #1175 of 1988
For a great selection of sunglasses like Ray ban , Oakley, Oliver peoples and more take a look at; http://www.squidoo.com/zac-efron-sunglasses http://www.squidoo.com/robert-pattin...son-sunglasses
post #1176 of 1988
Hey guys.
I currently own a pair of Louis Vuitton Evidence (I know, I know), and I just don't want to wear them anymore. I'm considering switching up, but I don't really know what to look for. Budget is around $500-600. Friend of mine works at a sunglasses store, she can get me anything at 30-40% discount, what should I look for?
post #1177 of 1988
try a pair on and see how you look. When you google "tortoise shell framed sunglasses" theres pretty wide range of people wearing them and they all look pretty damn good.
post #1178 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
Hey guys.
I currently own a pair of Louis Vuitton Evidence (I know, I know), and I just don't want to wear them anymore. I'm considering switching up, but I don't really know what to look for. Budget is around $500-600. Friend of mine works at a sunglasses store, she can get me anything at 30-40% discount, what should I look for?

Barton Perreira.
post #1179 of 1988
Matrixeyewear offers some sweet bonuses like free worldwide shipping, 365-day "no questions asked" warranty / return policy, buy 2 get 1 free offer, and a free microfiber bag with every pair (or in the case of the Morpheus Sunglasses, a free hard shell case).
post #1180 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewear View Post
Matrixeyewear offers some sweet bonuses like free worldwide shipping, 365-day "no questions asked" warranty / return policy, buy 2 get 1 free offer, and a free microfiber bag with every pair (or in the case of the Morpheus Sunglasses, a free hard shell case).

Thanks for NOT contributing to the thread and the forum.
post #1181 of 1988
A quick sunglasses ID request for you experts. This is from the current Fall/Winter 2010 Tom Ford ad campaign but I can't seem to find the model name or number. It isn't even in the look book either. From what I can tell the frames look similar to the "Peter" model but these are much more squared off. Edit: I figured it out. It's the "Felix" model; a hard to find one too. If anyone can get these please let me know.
post #1182 of 1988
where can i find TOM FORD TF57 ANOUK ? anouk are by far the hottest looking cat-eye on the market ! thanks...



post #1183 of 1988
Ah I want a pair of Salt Terry, but I'm trying to decide which color to get. Debating between Asphalt Grey or Burlywood...I can't find any pics online.
post #1184 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren G. View Post
Ah I want a pair of Salt Terry, but I'm trying to decide which color to get. Debating between Asphalt Grey or Burlywood...I can't find any pics online.

SALT's site has some pretty good pics, and I think they might have some pics at contacts and specs website. It's a shop out of Chicago.
post #1185 of 1988
here's my Barton perriera sebastians


very happy with them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please