or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I really feel like there is nothing to buy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I really feel like there is nothing to buy!

post #1 of 159
Thread Starter 
Well, it may sound a little stupid, but when it come to tailored clothing in particular, I really think there is nothing to buy. Even though I dont have a lot by any standards, I feel like I have all that I could need, at 17. (I wear a suit on a daily basis to school). I have; 1 Medium Grey Suit Ermenegildo Zegna Su Misura (I really hate grey suits, but I though it could be nice to dress a little conservative once in a while, and it add a bit of individuality, as most of the guys in school wear charcoals, navys, or blacks). SB 3 Button 'average' stance no vents 1 Charcoal suit with barley visible stripes by Gerald Austin of Bond Street. SB 2 Button, low stance. dual vents 1 Black/Dark Charcoal Versace Classic Suit SB 3 button, high stance. dual vents 1 Navy Zara Suit, fit is amazing, I really like this suit - the fabric colour and the fit. 3 button SB 'average' stance. single vent 1 Zara light grey micro-houndstooth, SB 3 button, average stance with tickect pocket dual vents 1 Dark grey pinstripe Zara, SB 3 button, av. stance, dual vents all above have notch lapels 1 Black suede blazer by Gucci, 2 button SB low-ish stance. 1 Black Karl Largerfeld blazer 1 Black Dior Homme blazer a lot of trousers in various colours, mostly no pleats, and not turn ups about 10 blue shirts by 2 by Charvet, 1 by YSL, 1 by Gucci, and 1 by Brioni, and 5 by Cotonifico Ablini for Marks and Spencer. 3 White shirts, 1 Dolce & Gabbana (mainline), 1 Cerutti Black Label, and 1 Ermenegildo Zegna. 2 Pink shirts, 1 Charvet 1 Cotonifico Ablini for Marks and Spencer. 1 Gucci loafers, black 1 Gucci brown semi-brogues 1 Ceaser Paciotti black lace ups 1 Salvatore Ferragamo Studio black lace ups 1 Gucci Boots black 1 Frattatelli Rosetti black lace ups A black Versace Classic overcoat. A ss Cartier Tank A ss Rolex Submariner A yg Cartier Tank A ss Bvlgari-Bvlgari The question is what to buy???
post #2 of 159
style, and I say this with love, man, you don't need anymore shit, at this point in your life. If you are 17 and you have all that stuff, take a breather and wait a while. even if you have the money, for your souls sake wait a while before you buy more stuff.
post #3 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
style, and I say this with love, man, you don't need anymore shit, at this point in your life. If you are 17 and you have all that stuff, take a breather and wait a while. even if you have the money, for your souls sake wait a while before you buy more stuff.
The thing is I havent bought anything for a long time, so I feel like getting something new, but there is nothing in the shops that I really like (in terms of suitings, okay theres a lot of causal stuff I like, Dior etc. but way too expensive.) - I have just had a long 'breather', about 6 months. Although I would agree, I may grow out of it, so it might be a bit wastefull.
post #4 of 159
I didn't see any brown suit on the list. Browns can be a lot of fun and certainly more casual. Try some patterns. There is a lot of area for exploration here. If you are wearing a suit daily, I would add a few to the rotation to spare wear on the others. There are many people here who really enjoy English shoes - perhaps you should explore these. Check out some of the slick Edward Greens - much better than Gucci, Ferragamo in my opinion. I've never had your problem - I could easily walk into to somehwere like Neiman Marcus and spend upwards of 10K per day on items that I would truly enjoy - if the funds were available. Somedays I wish I had your problem. Browse through some catalogs, find some looks you like - Scott
post #5 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I didn't see any brown suit on the list.  Browns can be a lot of fun and certainly more casual. Try some patterns. There is a lot of area for exploration here.  If you are wearing a suit daily, I would add a few to the rotation to spare wear on the others.   There are many people here who really enjoy English shoes - perhaps you should explore these. Check out some of the slick Edward Greens - much better than Gucci, Ferragamo in my opinion. I've never had your problem - I could easily walk into to somehwere like Neiman Marcus and spend upwards of 10K per day on items that I would truly enjoy - if the funds were available.  Somedays I wish I had your problem.   Browse through some catalogs, find some looks you like - Scott
What sort of brown suit would you suggest, maybe a darker less reddish tone I would think? I am sure that English shoes are of a higher quality, but I don't like the very classic designs, I preffer the more pointed Italian stlye shoes. I think a Oxford on a 17 yo looks pretty silly. Perhaps there are brands which make a comprimise with the styling and quality (Lobb is a bit too expensive, I would have thought) Thanks for the advise.
post #6 of 159
Bah, don't sweat it. I know buying things is great, but you sound like you have a pretty solid wardrobe already.
post #7 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Bah, don't sweat it. I know buying things is great, but you sound like you have a pretty solid wardrobe already.
LOL, the pains of withdrawal from retail therapy.
post #8 of 159
It can be a pretty dangerous trap, though. You're 17, and there will be bigger things to buy when time goes by, things like health insurance and tuition, hlhhlhglhgh.
post #9 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
It can be a pretty dangerous trap, though. You're 17, and there will be bigger things to buy when time goes by, things like health insurance and tuition, hlhhlhglhgh.
yea
post #10 of 159
I just purchased a darker brown fish eye suit by Isaia (350$ at NM last call). I think it would look great on a 17 yr old. At your age I would tend towards solids and smaller patterns - but in nice fabrics. I think darker browns are more versatile than the lighter tan suits. I understand your sensitivity to oxfords at 17. I didn't wear them but rarely at that age myself. I was thinking more along the lines of a nice brown/cordovan loafer. Have fun, Scott
post #11 of 159
Hi Avnish.
post #12 of 159
Quote:
Hi Avnish.
This made me lol
post #13 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Hi Avnish.
eh?
post #14 of 159
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I just purchased a darker brown fish eye suit by Isaia (350$ at NM last call).  I think it would look great on a 17 yr old.  At your age I would tend towards solids and smaller patterns - but in nice fabrics.  I think darker browns are more versatile than the lighter tan suits.   I understand your sensitivity to oxfords at 17.  I didn't wear them but rarely at that age myself.  I was thinking more along the lines of a nice brown/cordovan loafer. Have fun, Scott
Do you have a pic of the Isaia? Yea, a loafer might be good.
post #15 of 159
If you get tired of buying clothes, start buying vintage cufflinks. Some of the best antique ones are right in your area of England. That will keep you busy for a while. And you can acquire a whole heck of a lot of them and not take up too much room in your home/apt. And they hold their value really well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I really feel like there is nothing to buy!