or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Persol 714 vs 649
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Persol 714 vs 649 - Page 7

post #91 of 145
I'd say that they can sell them cheaply because that's how much they cost. Sunglasses have a huge margin
post #92 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post

I'd say that they can sell them cheaply because that's how much they cost. Sunglasses have a huge margin

+1. I make it my business to never pay anywhere near retail for sunglasses. Especially with bigger brands like Luxottica, you can easily find their "top quality" eyewear for 50-70% off.
post #93 of 145
I may have a pair of 714's for sale if anyone is interested. dark tortoise, polarized.
post #94 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyoton View Post

Anyone know the measurement across the frame for a 649 size 54? I have a pair size 52 that measure 140mm across and the arms pinch and flare out a bit when I look into a mirror.

I measured the distance between the arms when they are unfolded and it came out to be around 134mm. I also measured a pair that were very comfortable on my head(RB 2132 sz 55) at the spot where the persols started flaring out and it was about 139mm.

Ronan-Keating-01.jpg
Kind of like this, they flare out at the metal rod thing closest to the lens

Let me measure my pair and get back to you?
post #95 of 145

"hideous", numbnuts

post #96 of 145

nada

post #97 of 145
I just bought a pair of the 714 and I like them but I do find that they scratch the nose part. I am now looking for the McQueen version with the brown polarized lens, I think the blue lens may be a bit too flashy for me. Thoughts?


Do the glasses have the size inscribed on the arms? The left arm has the following information (714 24/57 54021 140 3P)

Do these look to big on my face?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
447

456

456

478

467

Edited by CalTex - 5/17/12 at 8:13am
post #98 of 145
Bump. Really not sure what size to get. I ordered a pair of 54s having never tried the 52s (many of the chains only carry 54 it seems). Tried them on and am worried they might be a touch too large, but I'm also just not used to wearing larger glasses.

Saw some 52s yesterday. Tried them on, and the noticed that the earpieces were angling outward at the hinges. I have a pretty large head, definitely larger than average.

I don't have any pics right now, but here are some I found that I feel approximate how the 54s fit me (wide enough that they span my entire face, ear pieces go straight back with no outward angling, lowest part of lenses line up with mid- to low-nostril).

467
150

I'd say my head shape and the fit pretty closely approximated by the first pic. Thoughts?
post #99 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by okazaki View Post

Bump. Really not sure what size to get. I ordered a pair of 54s having never tried the 52s (many of the chains only carry 54 it seems). Tried them on and am worried they might be a touch too large, but I'm also just not used to wearing larger glasses.
Saw some 52s yesterday. Tried them on, and the noticed that the earpieces were angling outward at the hinges. I have a pretty large head, definitely larger than average.
I don't have any pics right now, but here are some I found that I feel approximate how the 54s fit me (wide enough that they span my entire face, ear pieces go straight back with no outward angling, lowest part of lenses line up with mid- to low-nostril).
467
150
I'd say my head shape and the fit pretty closely approximated by the first pic. Thoughts?

I think that the reason most stores are carrying the larger frame is because of the appeal of large aviators to the masses.

Two members told me that the size 54 looks big on my face and that I should go with a more square frame (he suggested the 3027 model) because of the oval shape of my face, I am starting to believe this is true. But I am going to order the 52 and see how that works, I just want a pair of these to have lol.

I will post picks once I get the 714 and 3027 in a size 52.
post #100 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

I think that the reason most stores are carrying the larger frame is because of the appeal of large aviators to the masses.
Two members told me that the size 54 looks big on my face and that I should go with a more square frame (he suggested the 3027 model) because of the oval shape of my face, I am starting to believe this is true. But I am going to order the 52 and see how that works, I just want a pair of these to have lol.
I will post picks once I get the 714 and 3027 in a size 52.

Cal, FWIW I think the 714s look good on your face.
post #101 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Cal, FWIW I think the 714s look good on your face.

Thanks man!

I really like the frame but I am starting to think that they are a bit big so I was thinking of getting the size 52, what do you think?
post #102 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Thanks man!
I really like the frame but I am starting to think that they are a bit big so I was thinking of getting the size 52, what do you think?

I don't think they look bad as is, but sunglasses, like anything else, are only as good as they are in your mind. If you think they are too big (even if they aren't) you'll never wear them to their full potential. See if the 52s put your mind to rest, but I think the frame is a good fit for your face. I personally prefer 52s for my face.
post #103 of 145

I agree that the 54's looks good on you.  Sometimes the 52's look good straight on, but when you look at your profile sideways in a mirror they look a bit small.

post #104 of 145
Great thread!
post #105 of 145

Does anyone ever get red marks around their nose from wearing these sunglasses? Or is it just me lol 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Persol 714 vs 649