or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My last bargains
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My last bargains - Page 2

post #16 of 29
Quote:
Last = 2 meanings = I will do no bargain anymore  OR the newer Am I right? I meant second,  of course.
E:   You are right in that: las does equal "never again" or "no more" as you (sort of) put it. Because I became deathly ill, this is the last time I shall smoke gitanes. last = "most recent" or "newer" as you put it. As in, the last time I was at the cafe, admiring the very beautiful French woman in a beret, I smoked gitanes until I became ill. But AlanC's usage is the correct one.  There are probably others we could come up with too. I admire your ability to bargain.  You are Voltaire's heir in matters sartorial.   What do you think of the Camus look? What French philosopher do you think was or is the best dressed? PS.  Or you could say my "last bargain was a . . . " or "latest" with plural bargains. (At least I think you can use "last" with sing. -- I'd have to look it up).
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Quote:
(Carlo @ Feb. 17 2005,06:10) Ah.. I missed that it was Dunhill - in which case the 150 sounds very good. Thank you for the information about what fabric costs, I will need to better educate myself in this area so that I will not make a fool of myself in the future.
I am not a broker on cashmere but I know that you can find a lots of different quality of cashmere. Expensive ones = long thread (stronger and less stuffs), light raw material (softer final product as it needs less dye to fix the color) woven in Scotland or Italy
I appreciate the tips. Perhaps one day I'll visit Italy to see the places where they make it and learn more. I appreciate you sharing that information.
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 
I am 31 years old so French philosophers aren't my time. I do not know how Camus was dressed but I know that most of philosophers do not care about clothes nowadays. So " j "doesn't speak English properly?
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ Feb. 16 2005,22:05)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo,Feb. 17 2005,06:10
Ah.. I missed that it was Dunhill - in which case the 150 sounds very good. Thank you for the information about what fabric costs, I will need to better educate myself in this area so that I will not make a fool of myself in the future.
I am not a broker on cashmere but I know that you can find a lots of different quality of cashmere. Expensive ones = long thread (stronger and less stuffs), light raw material (softer final product as it needs less dye to fix the color) woven in Scotland or Italy
I appreciate the tips.  Perhaps one day I'll visit Italy to see the places where they make it and learn more.  I appreciate you sharing that information.
See Carlo, if you go, you can also learn about silks, how they are made, how they are printed, how to get them more tightly woven so that ties made from them look good and not snag on fingernails etc.
post #20 of 29
Clean your keyboard, ernest. It's a mess.
post #21 of 29
Quote:
See Carlo, if you go, you can also learn about silks, how they are made, how they are printed, how to get them more tightly woven so that ties made from them look good and not snag on fingernails etc.
That would be interesting information to have... It's always so entertaining to see a comment just whistle over someone's head and splatter on the wall behind them.
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
That a relief. I managed to find the same jumper in good trim.
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Last = 2 meanings = I will do no bargain anymore  OR the newer Am I right? I meant second,  of course.
My last bargains = C'est la derniere fois que je fais de bonnes affaires My latest bargains = Mes toutes dernieres bonnes affaires
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(ernest @ Feb. 17 2005,01:16) Last = 2 meanings = I will do no bargain anymore  OR the newer Am I right? I meant second,  of course.
My last bargains = C'est la derniere fois que je fais de bonnes affaires My latest bargains = Mes toutes dernieres bonnes affaires
Thanks that's what I understood
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Quote:
(oscarthewild @ Feb. 17 2005,06:19) See Carlo, if you go, you can also learn about silks, how they are made, how they are printed, how to get them more tightly woven so that ties made from them look good and not snag on fingernails etc.
That would be interesting information to have... It's always so entertaining to see a comment just whistle over someone's head and splatter on the wall behind them.
Why do words "splat .. on the wall" remind me of Search for "splat" on this page.
post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Is a Dunhill wallet at -66% a good deal? They make 66% off on small leather goods
post #27 of 29
Pardon my ignorance, but is this the same Dunhill that makes cigarettes? If so, I like them very much.
post #28 of 29
Yes, the same. I used to like their Int'l Lights, before I realized that smoking even one cigarette made me feel like absolute hell the next day. But if I were to take up the habit, I'd order another carton or three from yesmoke.ch - they were about $16 for 10 packs last I checked. Can't beat that.
post #29 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Yes, the same. I used to like their Int'l Lights, before I realized that smoking even one cigarette made me feel like absolute hell the next day. But if I were to take up the habit, I'd order another carton or three from yesmoke.ch - they were about $16 for 10 packs last I checked. Can't beat that.
Where is the locked Thread of Kabbaz?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My last bargains