or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5979

post #89671 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Haven't seen it yet. No offense if you like the idea of black chrmxl, but IMO chrmxl is best in a brown shade, but who am I to judge. The shoe on commando is a very useful make up. If you prefer black, go for it!

nephew,
good people can agree to disagree however your opinion is highly valued
post #89672 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Thanks Uncle. Your WTs and combo look sharp today.

nephew,
thank you
post #89673 of 94321

Hey new guy here does anyone have any information on the difference in the moc stiching on something like the 986 as compared to the less sleek stiching from Quoddy/Rancourt 

post #89674 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBACON8ER View Post
 

Hey new guy here does anyone have any information on the difference in the moc stiching on something like the 986 as compared to the less sleek stiching from Quoddy/Rancourt 

Structurally, I believe the primary difference is that on a Quoddy or other typical moccasin, the toe stitching is actually joining two different pieces of leather together; on an LHS, it is a detail sewn into one piece of leather.  I'm not sure about the actual stitch used, if that's your question.  

post #89675 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
good people can agree to disagree however your opinion is highly valued
+1. RTP opinion is always valued..... Lead me to the natty CXL. LWB which is my 2nd favorite king #8 LWB.
post #89676 of 94321
^^^ biggrin.gif
post #89677 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

black wt
argyles otc
nzgdn5.jpg
Great sw uncle Mac. The socks look brand new as well.
post #89678 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
 

Structurally, I believe the primary difference is that on a Quoddy or other typical moccasin, the toe stitching is actually joining two different pieces of leather together; on an LHS, it is a detail sewn into one piece of leather.  I'm not sure about the actual stitch used, if that's your question.

 

^^^^^

This was the response I got from Leffot when I emailed about the stitching on a recently acquired pair of Rancourt loafers.

post #89679 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Great sw uncle Mac. The socks look brand new as well.

nephew,
thank you
post #89680 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

As an FYI on those Winn Perry CXLs, I had a pair from the first batch and they ran HUGE (at least 1/2 size). I remember others saying the same thing. Great shoes, but I hope they got the lasting figured out.

Yeah, for whatever reason, these things run big.

They first did those back in 2010. They were supposed to be longwings but Alden f'd up and sent PTBs.

post #89681 of 94321
Interesting custom Whiskey shell make up found its way on ebay. Gotta wonder how long these have been sitting!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Alden-Custom-Horween-Whiskey-Shell-Cordovan-Perf-Cap-toe-Derby-9-5-D-B-D-/251625568280?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a960d7818
post #89682 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

Interesting custom Whiskey shell make up found its way on ebay. Gotta wonder how long these have been sitting!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Alden-Custom-Horween-Whiskey-Shell-Cordovan-Perf-Cap-toe-Derby-9-5-D-B-D-/251625568280?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a960d7818

 

Same seller has a nice looking pair of ravello NST boots in an 11D.....assume they are Aberdeen but not certain......I have bought from him before and was very pleased with the transaction.

post #89683 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

Interesting custom Whiskey shell make up found its way on ebay. Gotta wonder how long these have been sitting!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Alden-Custom-Horween-Whiskey-Shell-Cordovan-Perf-Cap-toe-Derby-9-5-D-B-D-/251625568280?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a960d7818

Does that mean one is a B and one is a D? 

post #89684 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Telford View Post

Does that mean one is a B and one is a D? 

heel/foot

the shoe is standard width
post #89685 of 94321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

 

Same seller has a nice looking pair of ravello NST boots in an 11D.....assume they are Aberdeen but not certain......I have bought from him before and was very pleased with the transaction.

 

Those are really tempting, except for the idea of a bidding war.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***