or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5884

post #88246 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post

Ok, Update on the Ravello Captoe's for anyone interested. They were only confirmed like 11 units. Super small run. So I'm assuming the list has been full for some time though I did not ask. They went into production in June with 16-18 week lead time. So they are expected in October.

Like mdubs said yesterday in Alden language "we just got " = 2-3 months, so I'm sure he was talking about the Cigar Grant boots they received a few weeks ago.
post #88247 of 99206
11 units???? Ugh.
post #88248 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post


Like mdubs said yesterday in Alden language "we just got " = 2-3 months, so I'm sure he was talking about the Cigar Grant boots they received a few weeks ago.


Yeah I figured as much but when I originally talked to them. The list wasn't even in the computer, it was hand written on a note with only 3 names.

Most people here said it was in production but I wanted to double check. Now I know for certain. :D

 

I am not sure if I could think of a makeup I would want more than this one. At 11 pairs I really fell dumb luck into a spot.

post #88249 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

11 units???? Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post


Yeah I figured as much but when I originally talked to them. The list wasn't even in the computer, it was hand written on a note with only 3 names.
Most people here said it was in production but I wanted to double check. Now I know for certain. biggrin.gif

I am not sure if I could think of a makeup I would want more than this one. At 11 pairs I really fell dumb luck into a spot.
I bought the other 10! One in each size I could. I plan on retiring early. eBay here I come!!! LOL.
post #88250 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post

Ok, Update on the Ravello Captoe's for anyone interested. They were only confirmed like 11 units. Super small run. So I'm assuming the list has been full for some time though I did not ask. They went into production in June with 16-18 week lead time. So they are expected in October.

I though I was #2 or #3 on the list but looks like I'm #4. Fingers crossed.

My Leffot Tankers arrived and I have to make a trip to Canada Post office to pick them up. @Burzan No duties, just $105 in HST.
post #88251 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clemson View Post
 

 

@Bobbo316 is correct.  These are expected to arrive in October.  They are on the Grant last.  Also, for those in a size 7.5D in Barrie, I passed on the Ravello LWBs since I'm already on the list for this Ravello cap toe and the Alden Madison ravello LWBs.  I hope I don't regret that decision.

 

Thank you.

 

I am on Alden Madison Ravello LWBs as well.  

 

You can never have too many Ravello LWBs.  

post #88252 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Thank you. My trousers have 0 pleats today.

However, I am not pleat-averse. They do appear in my wardrobe.
Your welcome sir. Pleats will be back in style next year when men get tired of looking like little boys.
post #88253 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Your welcome sir. Pleats will be back in style next year when men get tired of looking like little boys.
Unless you are shorter, in which case pleats can help you really look like a little boy.
post #88254 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Unless you are shorter, in which case pleats can help you really look like a little boy.
I don't need anymore help looking shorter.
post #88255 of 99206

Since the odds of getting cigar PTB in the meantime are pretty slim, I pulled the trigger for the dark brown calf PTB with the antique welt. While I love this makeup I am concerned that the leather on the left shoe has some weird (though hardly noticeable) stripes, which makes me think it was pulled on the last either too tight or across the grain. I wonder if this will make the shoe more prone to creasing and, hence, warrant an exchange (it doesn't bother me otherwise)?

 

post #88256 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


Your welcome sir. Pleats will be back in style next year when men get tired of looking like little boys.

Yes, this "manly" look drives the women wild...
5eqegypy.jpg
Lol
post #88257 of 99206
^^ Eek!
post #88258 of 99206
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Unless you are shorter, in which case pleats can help you really look like a little boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I don't need anymore help looking shorter.

I don't wanna take this thread too far off topic, but aren't pleats fine for shorter gents as long as proportions are kept in sync? I'm around 5'6" 130lbs, with a skinny build and though, I haven't any in my wardrobe, I've been thinking about getting a single pleat trouser made. I think that with a higher waist, fitted at the hips and tapered down to the ankle would help to elongate my frame. I agree that the opposite is true for low waisted, baggy pleats which look especially bad on short and stout gentlemen … actually those don't really look good on anyone smile.gif
post #88259 of 99206
^ Yes, maybe single pleats can work but since most men cuff pleated pants, the cuffs tend not to help. I answered a generalization with a generalization. As far as "off topic", I think there needs to be some latitude here in August!
post #88260 of 99206
Too late. You guys just ruined this thread. Unsubscribe!

The nerve...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***