or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5852

post #87766 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 

So my wife and I are planning a weekend getaway to San Francisco, and she pulls me aside to show me her logic for picking our hotel.

I knew I married the right woman!

 

 

 

was hilarious when I walked in there a couple weeks ago.. scruffy, blue hoody, some NEOC boats.. sales guys were LOLing at each other. until I started asking about ravello and cigar in my size :rotflmao:

 

sadly, nothing in my size :(

post #87767 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

The jumper
post #87768 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

The jumper

Jumper boot only b/c of the speed hooks on the pitt boots which I don't really like
post #87769 of 94010

Genuinely curious about this since I'm in an extremely casual and creative company and we often wear jeans and boots. What fashion faux pas is created in dark blue jeans and brown boots? I thought that was one of those virtually foolproof looks. Is it just lack of contrast between dark shades, or are they too glossy or something? I like the look of both, but I'm not the most initiated to speak on the subject.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 


Good Lord!  You know the answer:  Both!

 

And neither with blue-colored jeans.  Wrong color shoe for those jeans.

 

Beyond the style point, and in all seriousness, I like the perforated captoe better in a boot.   I think a boot with a plain toe, plain shaft, blind eyelets and speedhooks that blend into the color of the boot (as opposed to contrast) is just too much plain.  While that perforated captoe does not add much more ornamentation that the captoe, it does add some and I think looks better in a boot.  I also think the shape of the captoe looks better than the plain toe. 

 

I prefer the Pitt in other camera angles I've seen, but from this angle the Jumper looks nicer. I can't explain why because an 8.5D cigar pitt is basically my grail.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

post #87770 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow, just got my pair today but haven't seen them in natural light yet,here's a quick pic(poor lighting) next to Cigar.

Both models are actually lighter than what they look in the pic.


Ravello color looks awesome! I'm gonna be kickin myself for passing on these !!!
post #87771 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

Very nice, I like the sock coordination with the shoes. Are those Marlows?

nephew,
thank you
they are marlow
post #87772 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Volante View Post
 

Genuinely curious about this since I'm in an extremely casual and creative company and we often wear jeans and boots. What fashion faux pas is created in dark blue jeans and brown boots? I thought that was one of those virtually foolproof looks. Is it just lack of contrast between dark shades, or are they too glossy or something? I like the look of both, but I'm not the most initiated to speak on the subject.

 

 

There is no fashion faux pas.  He is expressing his opinion.  I respectfully disagree with it and I think many others here do as well.  

post #87773 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

There is no fashion faux pas.  He is expressing his opinion.  I respectfully disagree with it and I think many others here do as well.  

+1
post #87774 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Great Marlows. nod[1].gif

That is probably the best looking shell cordovan SWB, regardless of maker.

nephew,
thank you
post #87775 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


dark brown wt
argyles otc

Uncle, great swbs!
post #87776 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

1. You bastard.
2. The jumpers.
post #87777 of 94010
^ Lol. I got lucky with both pairs. A pretty seasoned collector from the midwest was thinning out his collection and I was in the right place at the right time. I may keep both, but will likely sell the Pitt. Both look very nice IRL, and both shit all over my Color 4s
post #87778 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

^ Lol. I got lucky with both pairs. A pretty seasoned collector from the midwest was thinning out his collection and I was in the right place at the right time. I may keep both, but will likely sell the Pitt. Both look very nice IRL, and both shit all over my Color 4s

crackup[1].gif
post #87779 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Uncle, great swbs!

nephew,
thank you
post #87780 of 94010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

^ Lol. I got lucky with both pairs. A pretty seasoned collector from the midwest was thinning out his collection and I was in the right place at the right time. I may keep both, but will likely sell the Pitt. Both look very nice IRL, and both shit all over my Color 4s

 

Beebs, don't let us influence you too much! I think that most here would prefer the Cap Toes, but if you like the Pitts more, I would say keep them. Although they are both very rare boots, I think the Plain Toe Boot is a pidge more rare than the Jumper (close to the Naval Boot). Either way though, it is hard to go wrong...

 

-Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***