or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5830

post #87436 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatenc123 View Post

Recieved my first pair of shell from @sacafotos today. Couldn't be happier.

Enjoy, good sir!

That's an unbelievably versatile color.
post #87437 of 94615

@Uncle, 1st wear of those? They look brand new.

post #87438 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

They are indeed on the Hampton. I speak from experience because I own a pair. They're a great casual make-up, so I'm slightly surprised they haven't sold faster.

Thank you.
post #87439 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

They are indeed on the Hampton. I speak from experience because I own a pair. They're a great casual make-up, so I'm slightly surprised they haven't sold faster.

How do you size these compared to the Barrie? I wear a 8.5E/9D on the Barrie and have been eyeing these for the past month. I'm also surprised these haven't moved faster.
post #87440 of 94615
Incoming...Just got a call from Joe at Alden DC that the pre-orders for Ravello LWB double waterlock has arrived. nod[1].gif Those in that list should be getting calls soon. Crossing my fingers that my shoe doesn't have any issues.
post #87441 of 94615

^ Yep, was going to mention this.  I passed - my name was added long before I discovered I am (gasp) not so into LWBs.

post #87442 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post

Are those on the Hampton last?

They are on the Barrie last. I double checked with J. Crew customer service on that and they said Alden told them they are Barrie. However, in my experience this shoe fits TTS whereas most Barries run large. I had to send my sized down pair back and get the TTS.
post #87443 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post

Incoming...Just got a call from Joe at Alden DC that the pre-orders for Ravello LWB double waterlock has arrived. nod[1].gif Those in that list should be getting calls soon. Crossing my fingers that my shoe doesn't have any issues.

One of Alden's best. nod[1].gif
post #87444 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post

Are those on the Hampton last?

They are on the Barrie last. I double checked with J. Crew customer service on that and they said Alden told them they are Barrie. However, in my experience this shoe fits TTS whereas most Barries run large. I had to send my sized down pair back and get the TTS.

What is the model number inside the shoe?
post #87445 of 94615
Guys, I know it's a bit blasphemous, but what are you thoughts on getting a brown shell Leeds MTO through AE to replicate the Cigar PTB that's been going around here? Seems like it could be a pretty close substitute, excluding the famous Alden finishing.
post #87446 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Guys, I know it's a bit blasphemous, but what are you thoughts on getting a brown shell Leeds MTO through AE to replicate the Cigar PTB that's been going around here? Seems like it could be a pretty close substitute, excluding the famous Alden finishing.
Tried it. Didn't quite fill the void. YMMV.
post #87447 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Resistant just posted them - same boots

Ah, just saw that. No for me frown.gif I will wait . hope someone will make these with commando and blind eyelets.
post #87448 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

somehow messed up post.

post #87449 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Sorry, have had a busy week...

 

Monday: Plaza Lasted "Indy" Moc Toe Boot in Color 8 from Frans Boone

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Tuesday: Color #8 Tassel from Alden SF. My first Alden!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Wednesday: Ravello LWB from Alden DC (note the dark edges).

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I hope that you all are doing terrific.

 

-Mike

If those are, in fact, from Alden DC, then Alden DC apparently does them both ways.  It just received a run of ravello lwb with antique, not dark, edges.

post #87450 of 94615
Quote:
Originally Posted by thromb View Post

How do you size these compared to the Barrie? I wear a 8.5E/9D on the Barrie and have been eyeing these for the past month. I'm also surprised these haven't moved faster.

I wear a 10D in both the Barrie and Hampton, but I'm the exception compared to most guys. Most everyone seems to go up 1/2 size. The 10D Barrie is a solid fit for me, and I feel the Hampton is more form fitting yet still comfortable. I'm just shy of a TTS 10.5D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

They are on the Barrie last. I double checked with J. Crew customer service on that and they said Alden told them they are Barrie. However, in my experience this shoe fits TTS whereas most Barries run large. I had to send my sized down pair back and get the TTS.

I can only comment based on my personal experience. The two pairs they sent me are most definitely Hampton based on fit and appearance as compared to the other pairs I own.

The 1st pair should've been classified as seconds, and the replacement pair they sent was even worse. I'm not super fussy unless the defect is really bad, but I called, they gave me 25% off, and that enticed me to keep the 1st pair.

If I had time, I'd shoot some photos to show the differences in the toe, heel, and arch. When I ordered my 1st pair, I was fairly certain by the photos on their website they were Hampton and not Barrie, and my suspicions were confirmed when they arrived. Not trying to go against the Blaster, J Crew, or Alden tide here. I just want to save people the hassle of ordering the wrong sized shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***