or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5821

post #87301 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Interesting, I would prefer unlined but the BB website states it's lined. Not a deal breaker though so will be a nice surprise if they show up unlined. Now to wait for a 30% off corporate sale.

It says they are lined, but I promise you, they are unlined.  I actually bought them from BB because I prefer a lined version.  I am disappointed that they are unlined, but still happy with them.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #87302 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

The BB version is definitely lined. 

Not so.  I would take a picture of the insides, but I do not have them with me.

 

The inside third of the shoe, from the heel to about the top of the tongue (where you tie the laces) has a light colored leather lining.  When untied, the tongue lays limp and flat at the bottom of the shoe (as do all unlined suede shoes).  The rest of the inside of the shoe, including the tongue has no lining.  It is as buttery soft suede as you will find (slipper-like).  I brought them to an Alden retailer to compare to their stock snuff suede PTB, and they are identical with the exception of the eyelets.

 

The website is incorrect.  The website pictures even look like they're lined as the toe area looks rounded and firm, as opposed to the deflated, flat-looking toe of the unlined version (no lining is holding them up).  Mine look flat and deflated.


Edited by ReppTiePrepster - 7/22/14 at 8:10am
post #87303 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Not so.  I would take a picture of the insides, but I do not have them with me.

 

The inside third of the shoe, from the heel to about the top of the tongue (where you tie the laces) has a light colored leather lining.  When untied, the tongue lays limp and flat at the bottom of the shoe (as do all unlined suede shoes).  The rest of the inside of the shoe, including the tongue has no lining.  It is as buttery soft suede as you will find (slipper-like).  I brought them to an Alden retailer to compare to their stock snuff suede PTB, and they are identical with the exception of the eyelets.

 

The website is incorrect.  The website pictures even look like they're lined as the toe area looks rounded and firm, as opposed to the deflated, flat-looking toe of the unlined version (no lining is holding them up).  Mine look flat and deflated.

I was actually referring to my own snuff PTB from BB. I was under the impression that it is fully lined, but I never bothered looking inside the toe-box area. Thanks for clarifying this ReppTie. 

 

Update: I am working from home today so I went ahead and checked mine. The toe area on mine is structured and reinforced with some kind of fabric. The heel area is lined with a cream-colored leather and the rest of the shoe..., I really can't figure out. There's a layer of a smooth light brown leather on the inside of the uppers. For the reference, my unlined suede AE's have the rough suede-like texture on both the inside and outside, so I am confused. 


Edited by cincikid - 7/22/14 at 9:15am
post #87304 of 91661
PSA- NRO is currently offering $200 gift cards for $100- I'm not sure how well they have the limit to 1 per customer locked down. http://www.northriveroutfitter.com/nro-long-live-summer-gift-card/
post #87305 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post
 

How strange!  I just added those exact pants to my cart this morning, but couldn't decide on the fit.  Did you go with the slim or classic?  Those look sharp on you, Ryden!

Thanks! I usually prefer the J Crew Slim unless it is the 484. I used to really like the 484 but they have made it way too slim cut for my liking. 

post #87306 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Thanks! I usually prefer the J Crew Slim unless it is the 484. I used to really like the 484 but they have made it way too slim cut for my liking. 

I have both the Urban Slim Fit and the 484 - I prefer the Urban Slim fit. For a super tapered chino, I like Epaulet's Driggs.
post #87307 of 91661

Wearing my Cigar NST loafer on Aberdeen model 1031.  Circa 2012 I think.

One of the rarer models of cigar I been able to catch.

 

See Ya,

Steve

 

 

post #87308 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxm View Post

PSA- NRO is currently offering $200 gift cards for $100- I'm not sure how well they have the limit to 1 per customer locked down. http://www.northriveroutfitter.com/nro-long-live-summer-gift-card/

 

They would have to offer that card somewhere in the range of, say, $12 to get me back to the NRO table.   >shudder<  What an awful experience that was.

post #87309 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Wearing my Cigar NST loafer on Aberdeen model 1031.  Circa 2012 I think.
One of the rarer models of cigar I been able to catch.

See Ya,
Steve
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Steve,

Are you sure those aren't on the Grant last? They look like these from Alden NYC:

http://www.aldenmadisonny.com/IMG_6407.jpg

I owned a pair of grant lasted loafers, but they were ultimately too big for me in 10E
post #87310 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Steve,

Are you sure those aren't on the Grant last? They look like these from Alden NYC:

http://www.aldenmadisonny.com/IMG_6407.jpg

I owned a pair of grant lasted loafers, but they were ultimately too big for me in 10E
They look awfully pointy to be Grant, IMHO.
post #87311 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
 

 

They would have to offer that card somewhere in the range of, say, $12 to get me back to the NRO table.   >shudder<  What an awful experience that was.

What happened with them? Was about to pull the trigger on about 6 pairs of shoe trees if they are awful I wont.

post #87312 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


Steve,

Are you sure those aren't on the Grant last? They look like these from Alden NYC:

http://www.aldenmadisonny.com/IMG_6407.jpg

I owned a pair of grant lasted loafers, but they were ultimately too big for me in 10E

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


They look awfully pointy to be Grant, IMHO.

I got these from Alden San Francisco and was told they were Aberdeen.  They feel like Aberdeen too, because I needed an E width to make them work.  However I'm not saying they are for certain Aberdeen.

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #87313 of 91661

I have pair of the cigar NST loafers as well and was told by Alden NY (Madison) that they are on the Grant last......they are definitely not the same as my Aberdeen tassels which are TTS as opposed to the NST loafers which are Barrie size.

post #87314 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post
 

What happened with them? Was about to pull the trigger on about 6 pairs of shoe trees if they are awful I wont.

If it's just shoe trees, or anything else they definitely have in stock, I'd say do it.  

 

But in my "transaction" for their "limited edition" aldens, they were a bunch of hot air that turned downright deceptive.  After 10 months I was pulling my hair out, and had to get a refund for shoes that arrived (wrong size) many months after a "six weeks, confirmed" assurance.  AFter I returned them , they told me they had sold the pair I had actually ordered.  Refund was initially denied because I no longer had the original credit card (lost/reissued) citing something about it being against federal regulations.  Also, would not refund by check....that is until I got my bank on the phone for a three-way (good times), Then they complied, but only after three more calls to make sure the check got in the mail.  

 

Plus, they are almost never there, especially in the summer.  Always a message machine, which greatly compounded the frustration.

 

This all started when they had a 20% off sale I learned about here.  Many here knew their reputation and were reluctant to engage.  I should have listened.

(Listing still says they anticipate them in March 2013.)

 

Right after that debacle, the tan suede leydon dovers popped up on the TSM seconds list.  Got the shoes.  Lesson learned.

post #87315 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

I have pair of the cigar NST loafers as well and was told by Alden NY (Madison) that they are on the Grant last......they are definitely not the same as my Aberdeen tassels which are TTS as opposed to the NST loafers which are Barrie size.

I too have this shoe from Alden NYC and it is on the grant last. But, as See Ya Steve noted, his source was different and, presumably, his source knows of what it speaks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***