or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5812

post #87166 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

If any of you follow the Leffot Instagram account, those are my whiskey PTB pictured...

I had to "unfollow" because of all the obnoxious food selfies.

post #87167 of 98971
Alpine nst
post #87168 of 98971
Allen edmonds are very nice I've owned about 10 pairs. I haven't bought a single pair since I discovered Aldens.
post #87169 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Great colour and shine on your LHS's Uncle.

nephew,
thank you
post #87170 of 98971
If I buy Alden shell WT boot, I'm almost positive it will be on Plaza. Is that a boot I can wear with denim and nicer slacks?

I like the Barrie on commando, but it doesn't have the same versatility.
post #87171 of 98971

whiskey lhs
sans socks
post #87172 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

If I buy Alden shell WT boot, I'm almost positive it will be on Plaza. Is that a boot I can wear with denim and nicer slacks?

I like the Barrie on commando, but it doesn't have the same versatility.

I own the Plaza WT boot on commando in Color 8, from J. Gilbert, and it is my favorite Alden boot.  (And I own a fair number of exotics: Color 4 captoe boot, Ravello WT boot, Cigar Pitt boot, Whiskey chukka boot, etc.)

 

Versatile and works with everything except suits IMO.

post #87173 of 98971

I am certainly in the vast minority here, but I just can't do shiny shoes, sockless with shorts.  I've tried my whiskey LHS sockless, and just can't pull it off.  Maybe it's b/c I live in Los Angeles, and we're not a preppy town.  Bless you all.

post #87174 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Alpine nst

These look great! Is that the recent Citi Shoes run?
post #87175 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

Four ways in which AE competes favorably with Alden -

 

(1) Leaving Dalton aside, at least four AE models are as good as if not better than their Alden counterparts:

 

Strand medallion cap toe
MacNeil LWB
Leeds PTB
Dundee chukka

 

(2) All can be individually MTO’d through SF without upcharge in three different colors of Horween shell (as well as a basically infinite array of soles, edge colors, welts, etc.), and turnaround is generally a month or less.

 

(3) Seconds are pretty easy to obtain and have gone as low as $299 recently.

 

(4) AE’s customer service is as good as I have encountered in ANY context, not just shoes.

 

 

I agree with pretty much all of this. Most of my AE shell has been at the $299-$399 range and I feel like they offer amazing value at that price point.

 

Here are my style preferences so far, though will likely change over time:

AE Dundee Chukka

AE Strand

AE McAllister

Alden PTB

Alden LWB

 

 

 

I really prefer the look of my truffle cordovan McAllisters compared to the Alden shortwing.

 

 

 

post #87176 of 98971
@thebeebs

I'm still deciding between the WT or NST color 8 boot on Plaza. I have too many Indy/NSTs, so I'm leaning WT.
post #87177 of 98971
Go with the WT.
post #87178 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

A majority of the credit goes to borderline and Bakes. I just copied their old post and updated it a bit and verified all the links worked and updated the broken ones. :-)

Thanks for updating this. Would be better if it were more accessible.
post #87179 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@thebeebs

I'm still deciding between the WT or NST color 8 boot on Plaza. I have too many Indy/NSTs, so I'm leaning WT.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Go with the WT.

 

 

WT on Plaza is gorgeous.

post #87180 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 

I am certainly in the vast minority here, but I just can't do shiny shoes, sockless with shorts.  I've tried my whiskey LHS sockless, and just can't pull it off.  Maybe it's b/c I live in Los Angeles, and we're not a preppy town.  Bless you all.

+1.  hard to do shiny shoes, sockless with shorts in san diego as well. I will get there with time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


These look great! Is that the recent Citi Shoes run?

thank you ryden. yes recent purchase from citi. difficult for me to pass on alpine + nst + brass + commando.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

 

I agree with pretty much all of this. Most of my AE shell has been at the $299-$399 range and I feel like they offer amazing value at that price point.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Here are my style preferences so far, though will likely change over time:

AE Dundee Chukka

AE Strand

AE McAllister

Alden PTB

Alden LWB

 

 

 

I really prefer the look of my truffle cordovan McAllisters compared to the Alden shortwing.

 

 

 

 

really nice examples, your brown strands and mcallisters look great.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***