or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 59

post #871 of 91661
Anybody know where else to buy these Aldens:


Blackbird only has a few sizes left
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alde...ede_12960.html

Are they the same as these from Shoe Mart (quite a bit less expensive) -

Colors really look different in pics.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #872 of 91661
Yes, they're the same ones that shoemart has. (they're Alden stock models in fact) LOL at blackbird's price.
post #873 of 91661
Thread Starter 
Cue fok coming in and defending them.
post #874 of 91661
Any Alden dealer can get you those chukkas. They're available in tan, snuff, and dark brown.
post #875 of 91661
For instance, the forum affiliate Epaulet stocks them.
post #876 of 91661
And I have a pair for sale on Ebay right now...
Ahem...
post #877 of 91661
Anyone know where to get the chukka for cheap? or a cheaper alternative?
post #878 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post
For instance, the forum affiliate Epaulet stocks them.
Yup, I've got them in Snuff Suede - the Medium brown color. But we can easily order them for you in Sand and get it in 1-2 days. The color from the Shoe Mart is a pretty good representation. The blackbird boots are the same item, just not color balanced properly. And WTF with Blackbird's pricing? Did anyone at that store even look at the MSRP? Ridiculous.
post #879 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
Yup, I've got them in Snuff Suede - the Medium brown color. But we can easily order them for you in Sand and get it in 1-2 days. The color from the Shoe Mart is a pretty good representation. The blackbird boots are the same item, just not color balanced properly.

And WTF with Blackbird's pricing? Did anyone at that store even look at the MSRP? Ridiculous.

I don't see them on your site. What's your price for them?
post #880 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston View Post
I don't see them on your site. What's your price for them?

I'm actually working on that now - we've finally got a few stock items to run alongside them. I'll get them online by Monday after I can shoot some proper photos.

Our price is $365, including free shipping in the US.
post #881 of 91661
After seeing the new Roy and Tanker boot I am thinking of getting a pair. I have learned that the Barrie last is .5 a size bigger. I wear a 10.5 in Vans and a 9.5 in Redwings. What size should I get for Aldens?
post #882 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
It's easier and cheaper to replace a worn down leather toe than it is to replace an entire crepe sole.

So is a crepe sole a weakness in the long run? I know it makes them more comfortable but I have a pair of Clark Desert boots and the crepe sole has worn faster than other tougher soled boots.
post #883 of 91661
#8 shell captoe bluchers or boots? decisions decisions would a #8 shell indy boot be too casual for a suit?
post #884 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunhor View Post
So is a crepe sole a weakness in the long run? I know it makes them more comfortable but I have a pair of Clark Desert boots and the crepe sole has worn faster than other tougher soled boots.

The alden crepe soul is much harder to wear than clarks.
post #885 of 91661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racove View Post

would a #8 shell indy boot be too casual for a suit?

The Indy boot would look weird with a suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***