or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5784

post #86746 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Leffot and context clothing have semi regular preorders on Barrie, Leffot's having antique edge. Both with commando soles. You should try to get on their mailing lists. Be advised that the last pre-order for the Leffot Tankers sold out in less than an hour and some more recent pre-orders for popular and/or rare models have gone in minutes or even seconds -- you will have to be ready to pull the trigger immediately upon the order going live and possibly need some luck even then.

For trublance lasted tankers, try citishoes in NYC.

TSM has the aberdeen lasted NST boot on leather sole. A dressier, more refined version with a different feel altogether. Beautiful boot.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Leffot and context clothing have semi regular preorders on Barrie, Leffot's having antique edge. Both with commando soles. You should try to get on their mailing lists. Be advised that the last pre-order for the Leffot Tankers sold out in less than an hour and some more recent pre-orders for popular and/or rare models have gone in minutes or even seconds -- you will have to be ready to pull the trigger immediately upon the order going live and possibly need some luck even then.

For trublance lasted tankers, try citishoes in NYC.

TSM has the aberdeen lasted NST boot on leather sole. A dressier, more refined version with a different feel altogether. Beautiful boot.


I was in Context yesterday and they at least had a pair on display, if not currently available. It sounded as though they had some, although I didn't explicitly ask since I don't like NSTs.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by latestyle View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

I'm setting out to acquire a pair of Color 8 shell Tankers.  Obviously this shoe has been discussed repeatedly in this thread . . . I should have been taking notes . . . and the SF search function is what it is . . . so I figured I'd just ask:  Where have people gotten theirs?  The usual suspects (e.g., TSM and Alden SF) list them on their sites but are currently out either completely or of my size.  Anyplace else I should check out?  Last is unimportant, and for an interesting makeup I'm prepared to wait a while via pre-order or whatever - but I'd love to get a rundown of where I should be looking.

 

Of course, if this is thread-clogging, I would welcome PMs.  Thanks in advance!

Half-  what size do you wear ? I'm going to list a pair of Leffot Tankers color 8 in the next couple of days. NIB, worn only inside a few times. I bought them from a SF member. They are size 11 D.  


Citi Shoes has an incoming order on Barrie and commando.

 

Thanks to all.  Having done the legwork, here are the reports for anyone else who might be interested:

 

Citi Shoes - 2-3 months

Alden SF - 6 months

Context - unknown

post #86747 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


king nst saddle
argyles otc
 

 

This is one of the best shots of a nst saddle and color #8 I have seen anywhere.  well done. cheers.

post #86748 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post





Thanks to all.  Having done the legwork, here are the reports for anyone else who might be interested:

Citi Shoes - 2-3 months
Alden SF - 6 months
Context - unknown

You could also check with JGilbert, they sometimes have NST boots on the Plaza last (commando sole) made. I'm on that list but have no idea when it will happen next time, I'm afraid.

Come to think of it, 2-6 months feels like a very short time to wait for a pair of Aldens nowadays, so maybe you don't really need to check with more stores.smile.gif
post #86749 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

Just got back from vacation, and the whiskey SWB 2nds from TSM were waiting on me.

At first glance, the color definitely appears more ravello than whiskey and I believe that they may have had additional of color added.

Still trying to determine if the right shoe is slightly darker than the left, but it is difficult with the office lighting.













If this is whiskey, pretty soon cigar will be a dark shade of black. biggrin.gif
post #86750 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

I meant these:

ygejudy7.jpg

Who did these? Looks Barrie. Practically my grail shoe. Might resort to a Carmina MTO in this style.

Those are Aberdeen and from ShoeMart. He did a run a few years back...

Those are Aberdeen, for sure.
post #86751 of 98969
Natural light/Chromexcel

post #86752 of 98969
I'm a 10.5 in the shell LWB/975. I normally wear decent socks with those. If considering the suede LWB, should I consider sizing down a half since I might be going sockless or with very thin socks?
post #86753 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post





Thanks to all.  Having done the legwork, here are the reports for anyone else who might be interested:

Citi Shoes - 2-3 months
Alden SF - 6 months
Context - unknown

You could also check with JGilbert, they sometimes have NST boots on the Plaza last (commando sole) made. I'm on that list but have no idea when it will happen next time, I'm afraid.

Come to think of it, 2-6 months feels like a very short time to wait for a pair of Aldens nowadays, so maybe you don't really need to check with more stores.smile.gif

 

Awesome, thanks.  I'm now on the list as well.  Six months (hopefully) to confirmation, then eight (hopefully) for production.

post #86754 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

Just got back from vacation, and the whiskey SWB 2nds from TSM were waiting on me.

At first glance, the color definitely appears more ravello than whiskey and I believe that they may have had additional of color added.

Still trying to determine if the right shoe is slightly darker than the left, but it is difficult with the office lighting.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












Definitely not whiskey but a really great shade of ravello. They look close to the shade of Mike's jcrew longwings. As long as your not locked in on the lighter shade of whiskey, there is nothing else wrong with these shoes that merit returning them. From where I'm sitting you got a great pair of shoes that will become a collectors item. Enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

doesnt look like whiskey to me, but a great looking pair nevertheless. 

Couldn't agree more.
post #86755 of 98969

Package came from San Francisco - First pair of shell, 4 more to come this year, then I am done. What do you think about the color/ shade?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Whiskey LHS at Urth Caffe

Which Urth? I live across the street from the downtown location.

 

Mike

post #86756 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


king nst saddle
argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post



May be the best shade of 8 I've seen. Incredible depth and character. Well done as always Mac.
post #86757 of 98969
The Alden family tree

post #86758 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Very nice Uncle Mac!  Great combo, nice grout too!

See Ya,
Steve

nephew,
thank you! I can not take any credit for the grout. it was done by an outstanding mason
post #86759 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

This is one of the best shots of a nst saddle and color #8 I have seen anywhere.  well done. cheers.

nephew,
thank you
post #86760 of 98969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

[/spoiler]

May be the best shade of 8 I've seen. Incredible depth and character. Well done as always Mac.

nephew,
thank you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***