They sure are! Flush toe taps from B. Nelson's, as with all my shoes, Alden or otherwise. At the tennis court I'm wearing the same in black shell, and my jumping partner is wearing black calf. All our own personal shoes!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5776
Styleforum Top Picks
This is why 270 degree welt shoes need a heel pad.
@MoneyWellSpent can drop some knowledge if I don't have it completely correct.
bkotsko, you have correctly defined the difference, and yes, the heel seat is nailed before the heel stack in 270 degree welted models.
I think Alpina was just trying to say that 270/360 welting isn't dependent upon the type of welt used. In other words, you can have a 270 degree welted shoe with a flat, storm, split-reverse, etc., welt. You can have a 360 degree welted shoe with any of these as well.
Certainly, the stitching goes through the welt when attaching the outsole. However, "rapid" is only used when relating to a Blake-rapid constructed shoe, which borrows from Goodyear's construction technique to improve on the traditional Blake-stitched shoe. Blake-rapid shoes use a Goodyear Outsole stitching machine to attach the outsoles to a midsole. This is referred to as the "rapid stitch", after the midsole is attached using a Blake/McKay stitching machine.
I've got some PTBs (9501) in natural CXL coming next week. A few questions-- I've seen some folks refer to these developing a great patina as they age/are worn. Is there anything I should/should not do with these in order to let them age properly? I'm assuming Renovateur is okay but no other care products besides some brushing? Should I wax the toe at all?
Also, the pictures I've seen online are confusing with regard to the color. Some look quite light and others darker. Does anyone have a pair they can snap a picture of to show me an accurate color? I'd be grateful!
I own the same shoe. They're brilliant. I applied some VSC (per Nick Horween) and besides that just brush. Here's a pic I took last week. Hope it helps & enjoy your PTBs!
(Note: these are 10E from Alden SF; they were much darker and richer in color than the 10.5D I received and sent back to TSM.)
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015