or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5768

post #86506 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

OK, if there's such a thing as a black shell Alt Wien, then I'm definitely pulling the trigger on the king preorder.  Maybe even if not.  I believe in having shoes in "threes" and I could probably live with the Aberdeen medallion cap toe blucher in black shell as the third if such an Alt Wien doesn't exist.
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_medallion_cap_toe_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxs-2146_ald_m_medallion_cap_toe_shell_cordovan.html

Unfortunately Aberdeen is just awkward on my feet. It feels sloppy and short in Barrie size, and I didn't want to go through the order/return rigamarole to figure it out since I live in an Alden-free state (Colorado).

 

I can do Aberdeen, but I go 10 E in it (as opposed to 9.5 D in Barrie), and at that point it's not particularly sleek - but sleekness wouldn't be what I'm looking for in this makeup anyway.

 

BTW, I don't think anybody's said this to you yet, so let me do it - thanks for the heads-up on the preorders!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #86507 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Ravello LWB from JCrew


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





JCrew socks and chinos...

-Mike
Perfect mdubs.
post #86508 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ Yea I thought that one was obvious. Good call, Ryden.

Yep, I wasn't referring to the edge, just everything else.  Has there ever been an Alden Alt Wien in black shell or (gasp) one of the rare colors?

For $1200 you can place am opening bid for that make-up in Cigar that appears to be more like ravello. The size is. 7.5E but the last is unknown and they're seconds. Also, seller will not take returns. biggrin.gif
post #86509 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

For $1200 you can place am opening bid for that make-up in Cigar that appears to be more like ravello. The size is. 7.5E but the last is unknown and they're seconds. Also, seller will not take returns. biggrin.gif
Had to bring that up didn't you, RTP??? lurker[1].gif
post #86510 of 91294
Uh ohs.
post #86511 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Ravello LWB from JCrew


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





JCrew socks and chinos...

-Mike

nephew,
good looking gunboats
post #86512 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

BTW, I don't think anybody's said this to you yet, so let me do it - thanks for the heads-up on the preorders!

You're welcome. It was total happenstance. I saw the link on their page, but it was dead. I really want that makeup, so I called and spoke to Mike. He was actually editing the page as we spoke and told me it should be working within the hour.

So of course I wanted to share the news with you enablers here who have helped me get an expensive collection of unnecessary footwear.
post #86513 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
Had to bring that up didn't you, RTP??? lurker[1].gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Uh ohs.

:stirpot:  

post #86514 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgleason View Post

You're welcome. It was total happenstance. I saw the link on their page, but it was dead. I really want that makeup, so I called and spoke to Mike. He was actually editing the page as we spoke and told me it should be working within the hour.

So of course I wanted to share the news with you enablers here who have helped me get an expensive collection of unnecessary footwear.

Also want to say thanks for the heads up, just paid the deposit for a pair of Alt Wiens.
post #86515 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Ravello LWB from JCrew

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




JCrew socks and chinos...

-Mike

Still upset I didn't jump on these when I had the chance.  I believe they were a special make-up for the Tribeca J Crew, Ludlow Shop. I had them on the phone, size in stock, and decided to hold off until I got home where I had a $200 J Crew gift card. :brick:  I was a bit on the fence as I had just acquired the DC ravello lwb with brown edge.  Thought it might have been redundant.  I believe it was the summer or spring of 2012.

post #86516 of 91294
PSA:

FYI I scored a great deal on these in size 10.5D:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Hand-Sewn-Suede-Penny-Loafers/291H,default,pd.html

I thought they were on the Van last but were too tight for me- must be on some other last (aberdeen?).

Anyways, I returned them to Brooks Brothers yesterday so you can expect to see them become available online in the next few days.
post #86517 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 

^ Whenever someone says, "with all due respect," whatever comes next is gonna be good!  :lurk:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


With all due respect my friend, ...

 

 

I was not trying to "target" you... 

When I say "my friend" particularly on this thread, I genuinely mean it.  I have a great deal of respect for many here that I've been conversing with for years.  @aldenwear , I should have known better than to think you were "targeting me."  No hard feelings toward anyone here...

 

Hope y'all are enjoying your afternoon. :)

post #86518 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

PSA:

FYI I scored a great deal on these in size 10.5D:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Hand-Sewn-Suede-Penny-Loafers/291H,default,pd.html

I thought they were on the Van last but were too tight for me- must be on some other last (aberdeen?).

Anyways, I returned them to Brooks Brothers yesterday so you can expect to see them become available online in the next few days.

Probably hampton??

post #86519 of 91294
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

PSA:

FYI I scored a great deal on these in size 10.5D:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Hand-Sewn-Suede-Penny-Loafers/291H,default,pd.html

I thought they were on the Van last but were too tight for me- must be on some other last (aberdeen?).

Anyways, I returned them to Brooks Brothers yesterday so you can expect to see them become available online in the next few days.

I say Copley.

http://search.theshoemart.com/search/Category-Men--Last-Copley--keywords-alden_copley
post #86520 of 91294
Pretty shocked I got in on the Alt Wein preorder after it being up for an hour. If this were a Leffot preorder I would have been SOL.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***