or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5687

post #85291 of 92428
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesssir View Post

Greetings Alden fans. I was wondering if anyone has the J Crew perforated cap toe bluchers and can comment on what they wear them with? I was looking at picking these up to wear with mainly chinos, occasionally wool trousers, and an ocbd. I rarely wear suits so these would be mainly for business casual with an odd sportcoat every now and then. I know these are a blucher but the captoe makes me think these are more formal. Thanks.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/oxfords/PRDOVR~A5017/A5017.jsp

Your shoe choice is completely appropriate with the clothing you described.

post #85292 of 92428
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesssir View Post

Greetings Alden fans. I was wondering if anyone has the J Crew perforated cap toe bluchers and can comment on what they wear them with? I was looking at picking these up to wear with mainly chinos, occasionally wool trousers, and an ocbd. I rarely wear suits so these would be mainly for business casual with an odd sportcoat every now and then. I know these are a blucher but the captoe makes me think these are more formal. Thanks.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/oxfords/PRDOVR~A5017/A5017.jsp

They are a great shoe, have become one of my go to shoes since I received them last month. They work perfectly with chinos. khaki's, even jeans I would say. You won't regret buying them.
post #85293 of 92428
Cool thanks for the advice. These sound like exactly what I'm looking for at the moment.
post #85294 of 92428
Can anyone identify the store selling this Alden plain toe boot? Looks like a sleeker last than the Barrie. Found the picture online in December 2013. Thought I had bookmarked the site but not so. aldenplaintoe.jpg 42k .jpg file . I've looked at Leather Soul, Alden of Carmel, Leffot and others but this photo doesn't look like the presentation on most sites.
post #85295 of 92428
post #85296 of 92428
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

PSA: It looks like EVERYTHING20 might be working on Aldens @ needsupply.com

I received a shipping notice; so I guess it was not a mistake.

I wish I had tried EVERYTHING40 before I placed the order.
post #85297 of 92428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Dicardo View Post


I received a shipping notice; so I guess it was not a mistake.

I wish I had tried EVERYTHING40 before I placed the order.

Should've tried just plain EVERYTHING. 

post #85298 of 92428

I order NeedSupply sunday night - today Monday morning the sale promo is emailed.

 

They cancelled my Sunday order promptly after my request and I ordered this morning with the discount. Very impressive customer service.

post #85299 of 92428
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstlkng View Post

Can anyone identify the store selling this Alden plain toe boot? Looks like a sleeker last than the Barrie. Found the picture online in December 2013. Thought I had bookmarked the site but not so. aldenplaintoe.jpg 42k .jpg file . I've looked at Leather Soul, Alden of Carmel, Leffot and others but this photo doesn't look like the presentation on most sites.

Google Image search is your friend.

From Japan apparently.
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/13199-shoes-that-look-better-with-age/page-319#entry1330375
post #85300 of 92428
double post
post #85301 of 92428

where i can find alden store in houston ?

post #85302 of 92428
On the western edge of town, in San Francisco
post #85303 of 92428


ravello tassels
argyles otc
post #85304 of 92428
Just saw this post about Need Supply, I wouldn't mind getting one of the suede bluchers, it shows a 10 on both of them when I put the mouse over the picture but when I click on the link and try and add a size 10 it isn't there. Bummer.
post #85305 of 92428
Has anyone heard of an 6 eyelet chukka NST's being produced.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***