or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5460

post #81886 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Leffot color 8 naval boots pre order tomorrow. No. Wait. They just sold out.

HIGHLY unrated model. I know the NST gets all the love but the naval is really nice

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #81887 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Leffot color 8 naval boots pre order tomorrow. No. Wait. They just sold out.

I was just going to post about this. Even the PSAs about Leffot's antique-edged offerings are happening quicker than I can manage...

post #81888 of 87991

Do any of the main online stores stock calfskin or cordovan LWBs in B width? I've finally admitted to myself that I'm either a 10.5 B width or a 10 D on the barrie last. Unfortunately, it's taken the odd creasing on my recent leffot 6 eyelet chukkas to realize it. 

post #81889 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Leffot color 8 naval boots pre order tomorrow. No. Wait. They just sold out.
Wait?? What???
post #81890 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggieandtfe View Post

Do any of the main online stores stock calfskin or cordovan LWBs in B width? I've finally admitted to myself that I'm either a 10.5 B width or a 10 D on the barrie last. Unfortunately, it's taken the odd creasing on my recent leffot 6 eyelet chukkas to realize it. 

You will find very few, if any, who stock shell LWBs in B width. However, if you are after a color 8 or black shell LWB, you can typically arrange to have one made for you in B width (about a 12 week wait). It can be done thru Alden SF and I assume a few others. FWIW, and slightly off topic, Alden no longer makes Barrie lasted models in A width.

Typically a 10.5B would translate more to a 10C rather than a 10D. But everyone's feet are different .....

Barrie lasted models in narrow widths - particularly A and B - are quite a bit more sleek than, say, a D width. A side by side comparison is interesting to see.
post #81891 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

sold out since yesterday.

great boots but I still prefer Alden x J Crew PCT 270 welt.



biggrin.gif
No harm in having both.
post #81892 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

HIGHLY unrated model. I know the NST gets all the love but the naval is really nice

What do you guys think about this over jcrew naval boots? The antique edge and 270 welt for jcrew is the obvious difference. Anything else? 

post #81893 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


You will find very few, if any, who stock shell LWBs in B width. However, if you are after a color 8 or black shell LWB, you can typically arrange to have one made for you in B width (about a 12 week wait). It can be done thru Alden SF and I assume a few others. FWIW, and slightly off topic, Alden no longer makes Barrie lasted models in A width.

Typically a 10.5B would translate more to a 10C rather than a 10D. But everyone's feet are different .....

Barrie lasted models in narrow widths - particularly A and B - are quite a bit more sleek than, say, a D width. A side by side comparison is interesting to see.

Thanks, I meant 10 C, not sure why I had a B in my head. 

post #81894 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggieandtfe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

You will find very few, if any, who stock shell LWBs in B width. However, if you are after a color 8 or black shell LWB, you can typically arrange to have one made for you in B width (about a 12 week wait). It can be done thru Alden SF and I assume a few others. FWIW, and slightly off topic, Alden no longer makes Barrie lasted models in A width.


Typically a 10.5B would translate more to a 10C rather than a 10D. But everyone's feet are different .....


Barrie lasted models in narrow widths - particularly A and B - are quite a bit more sleek than, say, a D width. A side by side comparison is interesting to see.
Thanks, I meant 10 C, not sure why I had a B in my head. 

Alden SF or DC or NYC may have some C widths in the shell LWB. Call them. nod[1].gif
post #81895 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

What do you guys think about this over jcrew naval boots? The antique edge and 270 welt for jcrew is the obvious difference. Anything else? 

from what I know, JCrew PCT have speedhooks vs all eyelets and to be honest, I prefer the sleekness of PCT 270 welt over Leffot's 360 welt Naval boots.
post #81896 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

No harm in having both.

True!
post #81897 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

What do you guys think about this over jcrew naval boots? The antique edge and 270 welt for jcrew is the obvious difference. Anything else? 

 


Leffot Naval Boot also has all eyelets. It's also missing the panel stitching across the side of the boot.
post #81898 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Wait?? What???

+1. What???
post #81899 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

+1. What???

nobody panic, it was a joke.
post #81900 of 87991
Disagree on the 270 vs 360 welt in this case. Bringing attention to the antique edge all around the boot is a better style choice I feel. Not that this boot would look bad with a 270 degree welt.

Also, I think antique on color 8 brings the whole color palette closer to a cigar/Ravello, making it more versatile than a color 8 with black edge (for me).

Hate to bring up a sizing question, but...

I've only ever found 7.5D Barrie boots in stores and have tried them on. They fit better than Barrie LWB and don't pinch my foot, but I'm worried about foot swell after all day walking, so I'm wondering if I should get a wider size 7.5E and use a thin insert if I feel it's too loose.

Thoughts? How snugly do you guys wear your boots?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***