or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5409

post #81121 of 99196
^ Already planning a Galway as alternative to more shell boots. (Though, to be honest, that may also be a function of kopping 5 shell boots (with plans on a 6th) in a year.)
post #81122 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

By the time you get trees those cigar cts will run you 1k. It is here soon the galway will be a cheaper option.
I hope not. haha
post #81123 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by axroox View Post


Thanks -- I thought the same thing, but snuff ptb's on double leather or double waterlock have been elusive. Lots and lots of single/flex soles out there, but no doubles. I've hit all of the usual suspects, including Shoemart, Citishoes, Alden Madison, Moulded Shoe, Alden SF, Alden of Carmel, Leffot, Leather Soul, J Crew, etc. with no luck. If anyone knows of a specific retailer that has these, I'd very much appreciate it.

why do you want such a thick sole on this makeup? I personally think the single/flex is perfect for this makeup

post #81124 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I own, or have owned, every black shell model you mention above (and the color 8 versions too) - except that my chukkas have been double leather. Are you looking for business wear only? Casual wear only? Or business and casual?

As for Alden no longer making the SW Bal for BB, I would take that with a grain of salt. A few years ago I was told that with respect to the shell tassel. Those have been restocked once, if not twice, since then.

With shell models, I usually try to go with make-ups I can use casually and in business settings.  As such, I am leaning toward the saddle.  At some point though, I want to purchase a pair that I would use exclusively for dressy settings (likely the perf cap toe bal or the cap toe bal).  I have not tried anything on on the hampton last, so I will be patient with that until I visit SF or DC this summer.

 

As for the SA's news of the future of the BB shortwing bal, I certainly take that with a grain of salt.  However, with the apparent shortage and Alden's difficulty with keeping up with orders and restocks, I'm not holding my breath.  I will certainly jump on them if/when I have the chance.

 

Thanks for the feedback gents...

post #81125 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

What size are you? I wouldn't be so sure that they are completely sold out. I know for a fact that Brooks Brothers madison avenue has a bunch of sizes still in stock.

I've called the 800 number before to ask about availability in stores and found that they don't have a very good idea of what is available. (They have told me completely sold out and I've found items at 346 Madison Ave).

Good thing I grabbed two pairs during the last corporate sale. This is my favorite work shoe.

Thanks for the tip, my friend.  I will give them a call.  Last I checked though, they didn't have it in my size.

post #81126 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by axroox View Post

Thanks -- I thought the same thing, but snuff ptb's on double leather or double waterlock have been elusive. Lots and lots of single/flex soles out there, but no doubles. I've hit all of the usual suspects, including Shoemart, Citishoes, Alden Madison, Moulded Shoe, Alden SF, Alden of Carmel, Leffot, Leather Soul, J Crew, etc. with no luck. If anyone knows of a specific retailer that has these, I'd very much appreciate it.


Leather Soul has longwings in snuff suede and double waterlock soles. I know you are looking for plain toe bluchers, but if you decide to broaden a bit, you may want to consider these. Good luck.


BB carries a lined "brown" suede PTB on a single flex leather sole that is pretty awesome.  They are in fact snuff suede.  Also, they are on sale for 25% off right now.  I got mine a couple of weeks ago and love them...

post #81127 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

Greatly appreciate the replies, but I am an idiot as i meant to ask *with* speed hooks rather than all eyelets (may tifosi forgive me)

Oh, then Alden DC is your shop!

post #81128 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by axroox View Post

Thanks, Aldenwear -- I actually have the Leffot version of that shoe and love them. I'll definitely check out Carmina as you suggest.

Snuff PTB at Frans Boone w/ waterlock.
post #81129 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post
 

Oh, then Alden DC is your shop!

 

cheers thams.  I assumed (perhaps wrongly) DC's captoes would all be commando rather than double leather, you don't happen to know?  

I should have specified #8captoe speed hooks double leather..

post #81130 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

cheers thams.  I assumed (perhaps wrongly) DC's captoes would all be commando rather than double leather, you don't happen to know?  
I should have specified #8captoe speed hooks double leather..

I don't think this makeup exists. Correct me if wrong. J Crew's PCT is probably as close as it gets
post #81131 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post
 

 

cheers thams.  I assumed (perhaps wrongly) DC's captoes would all be commando rather than double leather, you don't happen to know?  

I should have specified #8captoe speed hooks double leather..

Hmmmm, I can't think of a retailer that carries that makeup specifically...

post #81132 of 99196
I think Frans Boone does
post #81133 of 99196

Holy moly these sold for $955 including shipping! I think the only Aldens I've seen cross the $1K mark were some Color 4, but this came damn close.
post #81134 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I own, or have owned, every black shell model you mention above (and the color 8 versions too) - except that my chukkas have been double leather. Are you looking for business wear only? Casual wear only? Or business and casual?


As for Alden no longer making the SW Bal for BB, I would take that with a grain of salt. A few years ago I was told that with respect to the shell tassel. Those have been restocked once, if not twice, since then.
With shell models, I usually try to go with make-ups I can use casually and in business settings.  As such, I am leaning toward the saddle.  At some point though, I want to purchase a pair that I would use exclusively for dressy settings (likely the perf cap toe bal or the cap toe bal).  I have not tried anything on on the hampton last, so I will be patient with that until I visit SF or DC this summer.

As for the SA's news of the future of the BB shortwing bal, I certainly take that with a grain of salt.  However, with the apparent shortage and Alden's difficulty with keeping up with orders and restocks, I'm not holding my breath.  I will certainly jump on them if/when I have the chance.

Thanks for the feedback gents...

If for both business and casual wear, I would suggest the black shell NST or monochromatic saddle. These two models can pull double duty, although the NST, for me, would not be worn with a suit. As for the other models you mentioned, i personally put the 2146 in the business only category and the chukka on
Commando in the casual only category. All are good models.
post #81135 of 99196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


Holy moly these sold for $955 including shipping! I think the only Aldens I've seen cross the $1K mark were some Color 4, but this came damn close.

Even at that price, the seller makes little money after ebay takes its cut. They retailed for 762. But to each their own.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***