or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5406

post #81076 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

I'm down to just one pair of Cigar Aldens. At my highest point, I had PTB, LWB, NST, Indy and these.
Also considering parting with whiskey & Ravello PTB (gasp!) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
HOT FIRE!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Your boots are so nice.
post #81077 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Happy Whiskey Wed! Maiden voyage of my Alden NYC whiskey LWB.

See Ya,
Steve Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The color is very interesting. I don't have anything in that shade. Very nice.
post #81078 of 97001

Ravello Wednesday here...

post #81079 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

In all seriousness though, I haven't noticed this thread evolving into something overtly contentious.  I avoid the AE thread for that exact reason.  However, I could certainly be oblivious to it here.
Back to our favorite shoes...
2145s today (Color 8 Cap toe medallions) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

You wear those well rtp. Great looking shoes.

I'd hate to think the uncle Mac days on sf are behind us. I appreciate his style, and fully blame him for my shell addiction. His pictures got me into this mess.
post #81080 of 97001
If the days of Uncle Mac are over...

Long Live Uncle Mike!
post #81081 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

In all seriousness though, I haven't noticed this thread evolving into something overtly contentious.  I avoid the AE thread for that exact reason.  However, I could certainly be oblivious to it here.

 

Back to our favorite shoes...

 

2145s today (Color 8 Cap toe medallions)


Wow! From where? Not sure I've see this model, only a medallion bal in calfskin from TSM.

This is a standard Alden make-up that you can find at any of the Alden stores (DC, SF, and Madison).  Mine are actually Alden for BB, but they are identical (same last - aberdeen).
  Thanks...

post #81082 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

The color is very interesting. I don't have anything in that shade. Very nice.

I actually had in hand a whiskey PTB in this exact shade about two years ago.  I returned it because I was hoping for a darker shade.  I now regret not hanging onto them!

post #81083 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

Ravello Wednesday here...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Looking good DonL!  I was actually going to wear mine today also, but thought I hadn't given appropriate love to my medallion ctb in recent weeks.  Enjoy often and in great health my friend...

post #81084 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

You wear those well rtp. Great looking shoes.

I'd hate to think the uncle Mac days on sf are behind us. I appreciate his style, and fully blame him for my shell addiction. His pictures got me into this mess.

Much thanks DV.  I hope to hear from Uncle Mac again also...

post #81085 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

If the days of Uncle Mac are over...

Long Live Uncle Mike!

Only one Uncle.  I'm down with cousin Mike!:D

post #81086 of 97001
Uncle Mac, please return.
post #81087 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Thoughts on a Barrie lasted black shell Indy with antique edging and no speed hooks?

Sacafotos - I was thinkning the same thing.  I'd take Barrie or TB.  I think the leffot walter pre-order may have triggered the thought in my head.  I'd like it on Commando with antique...maybe even natural

 

http://leffot.com/alden-x-leffot-walter-boot/

 

Guess no one has seen this makeup done.  If i couldnt find a cigar with antique, i am warming up to black 

post #81088 of 97001
I was thinking like this:
http://instagram.com/p/kSlwSPoEZK/

Pretty sure the cobbler himself did that antique edging. Insane work, though I disagree with the choice of raw cord to compliment the shell. I will ask him to replace speed hooks if possible.

You can also try doing the antiquing yourself per the DIY post (see previous pages). Poster did a stellar job.

I may pick up black shell Indy on Barrie and NST color 8 on Barrie and do the antiquing myself. Striking detail.
post #81089 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Only one Uncle.  I'm down with cousin Mike!biggrin.gif

I was thinking third cousin twice removed.
post #81090 of 97001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

I was thinking third cousin twice removed.

I am down with father's cousin's former college roommate......so what does that make us?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***