or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5406

post #81076 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensanity View Post

How many members here have #4s? I think I've seen Cts and Atoms

Anyone who got into the Alden game over 3 years ago likely had easy access to most, if not all, of the exotics, Color 4 included.  I bought my first pair in 2011 and hopped onto TSM and got cigar, ravello, and whiskey with relative ease.  Stumbled across my Color 4s a little over a year later, and promptly launched a PSA whereby a few of us on here, such as Sazon, snatched up the remaining pairs.

 

Times have changed.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #81077 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Anyone who got into the Alden game over 3 years ago likely had easy access to most, if not all, of the exotics, Color 4 included.  I bought my first pair in 2011 and hopped onto TSM and got cigar, ravello, and whiskey with relative ease.  Stumbled across my Color 4s a little over a year later, and promptly launched a PSA whereby a few of us on here, such as Sazon, snatched up the remaining pairs.

Times have changed.

One day I will meet theBeebs and I will buy him the beer, or 5, that I owe him for this.
post #81078 of 87462
Incredible how times have changed. I kopped two of my three exotics right out of the gate probably about 2 to 3 years ago. Things really tightened up and this week I received my third pair. Quite a drought. I have really come to appreciate color 8 recently. Extremely diverse.

I know mac works in financials but seems like he has been silent for a while now.
post #81079 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Anyone who got into the Alden game over 3 years ago likely had easy access to most, if not all, of the exotics, Color 4 included.  I bought my first pair in 2011 and hopped onto TSM and got cigar, ravello, and whiskey with relative ease.  Stumbled across my Color 4s a little over a year later, and promptly launched a PSA whereby a few of us on here, such as Sazon, snatched up the remaining pairs.

Times have changed.

Welp. The golden days are gone.
post #81080 of 87462

^ Drop me a line if ever you're in sunny SoCal and we'll make it happen - and I think that's "4" beers!  :cheers:

post #81081 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Ravello NST today in differing lights

Very nice. Where did you get them? Not that I expect to be able to buy. But I don't think I see a lot of Ravello NST's .
post #81082 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post

Very nice. Where did you get them? Not that I expect to be able to buy. But I don't think I see a lot of Ravello NST's .

Thank you!
they are from The Shoe Mart.
you're right, not a very common shoe.
post #81083 of 87462

anyone with fit pics of snuff balm wingtips and pants? I have a pair that I just laced up, trying to figure out pant combos as I've never really done the snuff thing..

 

thanks in advance!

post #81084 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Incredible how times have changed. I kopped two of my three exotics right out of the gate probably about 2 to 3 years ago. Things really tightened up and this week I received my third pair. Quite a drought. I have really come to appreciate color 8 recently. Extremely diverse.

I know mac works in financials but seems like he has been silent for a while now.

Same here bespoke.  Took the advice from many experts here in that calling/e-mailing retailers on a regular basis (monthly) set me up to land rare Alden shells.  

post #81085 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensanity View Post


Welp. The golden days are gone.

Hang in there, dude.  If all else fails, you may want to consider an AE MTO in brown shell.  It's close to Cigar and customers seem to be MTO'ing regularly.  AE may be my next shell play for a wingtip boot.

post #81086 of 87462
Not my auction (or anyone I know, for that matter), but those interested in a Ravello PTB in 10.5d may want to look here: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=310951545795

It'll be interesting to see what these go for.
post #81087 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Thoughts on a Barrie lasted black shell Indy with antique edging and no speed hooks?

I've never seen antique on black but I imagine it would look nice. Black always impressed me as a dress shoe and antique a little more casual. But the contrast might work. No speedhooks is a huge plus for me.
post #81088 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post

Not my auction (or anyone I know, for that matter), but those interested in a Ravello PTB in 10.5d may want to look here: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=310951545795

It'll be interesting to see what these go for.

The sellers got brass balls to be listing those with such a low opening bid and no reserve but I guess with Ravello, the risk is minimal. I'll bet he gets $850, which net of eBay fees will let him clear about $725. Very nice shoes.
post #81089 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post
I know mac works in financials but seems like he has been silent for a while now.

I suspect that he may be over this thread.  It's not what it once was, and I haven't even been around that long compared to others.

post #81090 of 87462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

I suspect that he may be over this thread.  It's not what it once was, and I haven't even been around that long compared to others.
Out of curiosity, what was it before?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***