or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5270

post #79036 of 89523

Loving these PTB!

 

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #79037 of 89523
I'm almost afraid to ask, but does anyone have a whiskey or ravello longwing in 9e or 9.5d that they want to part with?
Thanks,
Brian
post #79038 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

do people take the tremont and barrie in the same size or is barrie 1/2 size down from the tremont?

same size for me


Same size for me also, but I have more room in the barrie.  I'm probably a 9.75D... tremont is definitely a tweener.

post #79039 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 


Same size for me also, but I have more room in the barrie.  I'm probably a 9.75D... tremont is definitely a tweener.

I feel like Tremont has more instep room than Barrie.

post #79040 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

It's ok to rub in how gorgeous they are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Dang those are nice.


Thanks so much gents.
post #79041 of 89523

Can someone comment on a) Vibram/Topy outsole vs b) Vibram/Topy outsole and the flush in metal toe guards? Does option b sound like an overkill or will it increase the life-span of the soles? 

post #79042 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

4th day of the work week. Some indoor and outdoor shots.


Lord almighty!

No spoiler!!
post #79043 of 89523

Whiskey LWB 

 

post #79044 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post

For Indy fans out there, Unionmade dropped a few interesting new models.




Also, one sharp NST.

Dark chocolate suede looks good. 

post #79045 of 89523
Is there any need to buy the dark brown Dundees if I have the cigar chukkas?

They are very, very similar?
post #79046 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Is there any need to buy the dark brown Dundees if I have the cigar chukkas?

They are very, very similar?
I would not think there is a reason, no.
post #79047 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Dark chocolate suede looks good. 

Dark chocolate suede is so great. If it weren't for the brass hardware, this would be a great boot and I would have no reservations buying it immediately. However, brass hardware is the plantation crepe of 2014: en vogue, but fugly enough to summons a pass.

No brass hardware and no speed hooks, and the dark chocolate indy would have been the perfect boot.
post #79048 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexet View Post

My new cordovan boots are hurting me at the top of my ankle (both feet). At the end of the day I even have small skin cuts at this level and I have to wait few days that it heals before being able to wear them again.
Just to be sure, will it get better after several wears? Because right now it is really painful.


I have had the same issue with firefighting boots and hockey skates.

1. Don't tie them so tight. Tie snuggle just at and above ankle bone and less on top eyes. Leave some room so your ankle can move and flex the leather till it forms to you.

2. +1 on no tie top eye if that isn't enough.

3. Give your ankle time to heel too before trying so you will feel/see a difference.
post #79049 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Can someone comment on a) Vibram/Topy outsole vs b) Vibram/Topy outsole and the flush in metal toe guards? Does option b sound like an overkill or will it increase the life-span of the soles? 

B is overkill ... the Topy will be sufficient to protect the toe from excessive wear.
post #79050 of 89523
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post

Dark chocolate suede is so great. If it weren't for the brass hardware, this would be a great boot and I would have no reservations buying it immediately. However, brass hardware is the plantation crepe of 2014: en vogue, but fugly enough to summons a pass.

No brass hardware and no speed hooks, and the dark chocolate indy would have been the perfect boot.
Can't help but agree as these boot offerings are all slightly off to me. I like the concept of that chamois NST boot but the single flex soles just look weird to me. The make calls for commando, double leather, or (yeah, I'll go there) even crepe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***