or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 5202

post #78016 of 98839
I know most of you use shoe trees in shoes but what's the opinion of trees in boots especially CXL. And in lined vs unlined boots If that makes a difference.
post #78017 of 98839
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentfarmer View Post

I know most of you use shoe trees in shoes but what's the opinion of trees in boots especially CXL. And in lined vs unlined boots If that makes a difference.

Use trees. :-)

It helps to keep the shape and more importantly absorb moisture.
post #78018 of 98839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Nation View Post

That sucks, I'd find a way to make those fit my feet - even if they became my winter only, thick sock shoes....

I wish they were 10D!

Believe me when I say I am conflicted about selling these. That's why I called out in the auction that I'm not accepting offers. I will be perfectly content to wear these through the summer and either relist in October or hold on to.
post #78019 of 98839

I know it might sound crazy. But anyone have experience with converting indy to tanker boot? 


Edited by PeterL - 4/5/14 at 10:19pm
post #78020 of 98839
tinfoil.gif
post #78021 of 98839
Wearing my tanker under the sun! A must have for Alden.

Edited by Hifilover - 4/6/14 at 1:02am
post #78022 of 98839

How do SAs generally act if a person is not there to buy anything? First time in the States and I'd like to just see some of the styles IRL, maybe find out my size in a couple of lasts. I need to refrain from buying for now.

(The store in question is Alden SF)

post #78023 of 98839
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
 

How do SAs generally act if a person is not there to buy anything? First time in the States and I'd like to just see some of the styles IRL, maybe find out my size in a couple of lasts. I need to refrain from buying for now.

(The store in question is Alden SF)

Depends on the retailer.

 

DC actually likes when window shoppers come in and crease a bunch of pairs of pristine shoes, so that they can piss off their paying customers by sending them creased shoes

 

Ralph at NYC gets really pissed off.  The other guys that work there don't mind as much

 

Steven at Leffot asks that you don't crease the shoes while trying them on.

 

Alden SF is pretty accommodating, somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

post #78024 of 98839
Looks like Context got its latest shipment of boots in, including Color 8 tankers. I see one pair of tankers is available in 10D. I don't expect them to last long...
post #78025 of 98839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Looks like Context got its latest shipment of boots in, including Color 8 tankers. I see one pair of tankers is available in 10D. I don't expect them to last long...

Excellent! I've been waiting an age for these.
post #78026 of 98839

My last pair from the resent TSM seconds' order has arrived yesterday. I needed some beater boots for the rain/snow so these should probably fit the bill. I went with my usual Barrie size (these are on the Barrie last) but the fit is actually pretty tight, so I would probably have to grab another size, if it is still in stock. 

 

 

post #78027 of 98839
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

How do SAs generally act if a person is not there to buy anything? First time in the States and I'd like to just see some of the styles IRL, maybe find out my size in a couple of lasts. I need to refrain from buying for now.
(The store in question is Alden SF)

I window shopped at Alden SF and I was in workout gear and Asics shoes. Michael there was MORE than accommodating but it probably helped because he knew right away that I knew my shoes. He loves shoes and talking shoes and was super nice to me. I picked up some Alden Leather Defender (great idea to do so) and a few Alden polishing cloths. Again, Michael was first class and was quite nice to show me around the store.

The Allen Edmonds store is about 500 feet west of the Alden SF store. I stopped in there too. They were less accommodating than Alden was to me - however they were certainly not rude in any way.

I'll be at Alden NY next week. That should be interesting since well...it's NY...and typically NYC'ers are fairly rude. At least they are when they drive their whole family down I-95 to Florida. Thank goodness they're dumb enough to stay on the Atlantic side of Florida. biggrin.gif
post #78028 of 98839
PSA to any gentleman who is an 11D barrie. There is a pair of Ravello Shortwing Boots on grailed. Stunning. Hope someone from here picks them up!

http://www.grailed.com/listings/4733-alden-ravello-shell-cordovan-boots

(not my listing, I would never sell if these were mine!)
post #78029 of 98839
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


I window shopped at Alden SF and I was in workout gear and Asics shoes. Michael there was MORE than accommodating but it probably helped because he knew right away that I knew my shoes. He loves shoes and talking shoes and was super nice to me. I picked up some Alden Leather Defender (great idea to do so) and a few Alden polishing cloths. Again, Michael was first class and was quite nice to show me around the store.

The Allen Edmonds store is about 500 feet west of the Alden SF store. I stopped in there too. They were less accommodating than Alden was to me - however they were certainly not rude in any way.

I'll be at Alden NY next week. That should be interesting since well...it's NY...and typically NYC'ers are fairly rude. At least they are when they drive their whole family down I-95 to Florida. Thank goodness they're dumb enough to stay on the Atlantic side of Florida. biggrin.gif

People who live in NYC and own a car can probably afford to fly down to florida, so its likely someone else that you are referring to.

post #78030 of 98839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post
 

People who live in NYC and own a car can probably afford to fly down to florida, so its likely someone else that you are referring to.

Those are likely folks from NJ. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***