or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 517

post #7741 of 79346
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdouble View Post
new 10.5 indy boots on ebay for 350 buy it now. not mine, but my size. good deal if you are looking for them in this size. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Alden-J-Crew...d#ht_500wt_770
He had others, I picked up a pair for 330 delivered. At that price I can deal with the jcrew finish on these.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #7742 of 79346
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdouble View Post
not usually an NST guy, but damn these look good.


Not to beat a dead horse but I have yet to see a pair of LS shoes that look remotely like they're photographed on their website. But yes, those are looking quite nice.
post #7743 of 79346
Any thoughts on Indy sizing by leather: Aniline vs Chromexcel vs Cordovan?

I went to the Alden store in DC and tried on an assortment of Indys. The aniline (403) in 11C fit my heel well, but was a little tight on the widest part of my forefoot. The 11D fit ok, maybe felt a little spacious, maybe they could work with thick socks. However I wanted the chromexcel pair, which they didn't have in my size. The salesman said that the chromexcel runs a little larger than the comparable aniline and recommended an 11C. This was interesting to me because I often wear wide shoes, like sperrys in 11.5Wide.

Now I am totally leaning towards the #8 indys from TSM. They are available in 10.5D and 11D. Do the shells run larger than the aniline/chromexcel? Will they be bigger to the point of warranting the 10.5D, or will the 11D fit without being too spacious?

Thanks for any input.
post #7744 of 79346
get your foot measured. go 1/2 smaller if on trubalance
post #7745 of 79346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horty View Post
Any thoughts on Indy sizing by leather: Aniline vs Chromexcel vs Cordovan? I went to the Alden store in DC and tried on an assortment of Indys. The aniline (403) in 11C fit my heel well, but was a little tight on the widest part of my forefoot. The 11D fit ok, maybe felt a little spacious, maybe they could work with thick socks. However I wanted the chromexcel pair, which they didn't have in my size. The salesman said that the chromexcel runs a little larger than the comparable aniline and recommended an 11C. This was interesting to me because I often wear wide shoes, like sperrys in 11.5Wide. Now I am totally leaning towards the #8 indys from TSM. They are available in 10.5D and 11D. Do the shells run larger than the aniline/chromexcel? Will they be bigger to the point of warranting the 10.5D, or will the 11D fit without being too spacious? Thanks for any input.
The chromexel stretches out differently but I wouldn't call it larger. If you're wide footed like me try a 10.5E otherwise "fit but wrong, go long." 11D. If the 10.5D fits but is snug it will stretch out just fine.
post #7746 of 79346
I have a pair of the original 405's (cotton duck lining) in a size 8 D which fit me perfectly. In the past year I've tried on the 404 kudu 8D and the J Crew Indy 8D and both seem like a half size wider, and throws the look off for me. Again it pays to be able to try them on in person.
post #7747 of 79346
En Harny bikini copped! WTF?
post #7748 of 79346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
Who dis???


Took a pic of the ad in the mall the other day.

Epic.
post #7749 of 79346


whiskey chukkas I picked up recently.
post #7750 of 79346
Alden for Leffot ravello captoe boots. On the Grant last with flex welt. The Grant last hasn't gotten a lot of love here lately but I've always liked my shortwing 974's on the Grant. It's a little more streamlined and business-appropriate than the Barrie, although I can see how it wouldn't suit those with wider feet.



post #7751 of 79346
Are those a recent pick-up Morgan. Love the color on those ravellos.

On a side note, I thought I would share a link I came across with you guys. It's everything you could want to know about welts:

www.barbourcorp.com/pdf/welting_catalog.pdf
post #7752 of 79346
PG is really becoming a recognized face of men's style. He has an awesome following on his Tumblr blog. Great photos and comments. I really like his personal style. He knows how to mix tailored and casual or street as well as anyone at any age. Go Phat!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
Who dis???


Took a pic of the ad in the mall the other day.
post #7753 of 79346
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltashell View Post
whiskey chukkas I picked up recently.
Deltashell, Do you find the Chukkas (Barrie Last) to be a little wider than other shoes on the Barrie? I picked up a pair that are just a little too big for me while my other Alden's of same size and last fit fine. BTW, they are for sale in B&S if anyone is interested
post #7754 of 79346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Alden for Leffot ravello captoe boots. On the Grant last with flex welt. The Grant last hasn't gotten a lot of love here lately but I've always liked my shortwing 974's on the Grant. It's a little more streamlined and business-appropriate than the Barrie, although I can see how it wouldn't suit those with wider feet.




Nice!
post #7755 of 79346
Love those Leffot Ravellos. I just missed that last pair of 9D's by one day.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***