or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 502

post #7516 of 79134
How many pairs of black shoes do you Alden addicts have?

Personally, I think black shoes are very hard to work with. I'm probably going to have one, still undecided on whether I should get cap toes or wing tips. I doubt they will be worn much at all.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #7517 of 79134
Should get captoes espeically if youre just getting them because you need a pair of black shoes. I don't like black shoes either but you need them at times for interviews and stuff.
post #7518 of 79134
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
How many pairs of black shoes do you Alden addicts have?

Personally, I think black shoes are very hard to work with. I'm probably going to have one, still undecided on whether I should get cap toes or wing tips. I doubt they will be worn much at all.

i have #8 longwings, #8 chukkas, cigar indys, black cordovan SF boot, and snuff suede chukkas. i had both the roys and the tankers from context but sold them and went all cordovan (minus the suede chukkas). i love aldens but only in cordovan. i think the extra amount is worth it for cordovan and if its not in cordovan there are plenty of other brands with great shoes.

i feel like black is easier with business wear since it is easy to match with dark colored suits. but black is still easy with jeans, but maybe not as easy as typical browns.
post #7519 of 79134


Hey Arrow,

Have you been wearing these? I'm thinking of getting a pair and I'm curious about the fit. What size do you wear in Barrie/Trubalance and Leydon? How do the NST's compare? I'm sure everybody would love to see some pics as well.

Mike
post #7520 of 79134
Just pulled the trigger on the Context boots. Did this after pulling the trigger on the Epaulet Ravello's last week...ughh... been painful on my wallet but hey, the Holiday's are just around the corner right?
post #7521 of 79134
post #7522 of 79134
for those that own standard issue, 2 eyelet Barrie last chukkas - how "locked in" do your feet feel? I feel like I am wearing the right size (shoe is snug all over, but not overly so) EXCEPT for the area above the laces. the extra material around the ankle just kind of floats there, and I can flex my ankle really far forward. it almost feels less secure than a blucher, even though I was expecting more of a true boot/bulletproof feel.

thoughts?
post #7523 of 79134
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
Colorwise, Color 8 goes wonderfully with charcoal flannel. You just need to make sure the longwings are not storm-welted bluchers because they could be too informal with such a formal suit (although that opinion is certainly subject to some qualifications depending on where you intend to wear the suit/shoe combo).

It's these here: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ongwing/Detail. What do you think ... too informal?
post #7524 of 79134
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
How many pairs of black shoes do you Alden addicts have?

Personally, I think black shoes are very hard to work with. I'm probably going to have one, still undecided on whether I should get cap toes or wing tips. I doubt they will be worn much at all.

12 pairs of Alden.

1 pair is black. (Black Indy)
post #7525 of 79134
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post

Beautiful!

Ravello Dover?
post #7526 of 79134
Tom, How old are those Ravello PTBs? With all the discussion about the changes in colour of Ravello I'm curious about the vintage of that pair and how they've aged (i.e. have they darkened with wear?). They look wonderful!
post #7527 of 79134
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post


Hey Arrow,

Have you been wearing these? I'm thinking of getting a pair and I'm curious about the fit. What size do you wear in Barrie/Trubalance and Leydon? How do the NST's compare? I'm sure everybody would love to see some pics as well.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Yeah, I've been wearing them in rotation with other Alden boots.
I wear a 9D in Trubalance (with full insole) and stuck with the same size with the Aberdeen NST
and Chukka NST (Barrie last). Since the toe area is a bit slimmer with the Barrie/Aberdeen, I only
use a half-insole. I will take pics soon.
post #7528 of 79134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303 View Post
Beautiful!

Ravello Dover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterParker View Post
Tom,

How old are those Ravello PTBs? With all the discussion about the changes in colour of Ravello I'm curious about the vintage of that pair and how they've aged (i.e. have they darkened with wear?). They look wonderful!

They're not ravello...

These are ravello:

Newer, darker ravello:



Older, more whiskeyish ravello:

post #7529 of 79134
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post

Fantastic PTBs, Tom!
post #7530 of 79134
I've got those wingtips, great looking shoe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***