or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 501

post #7501 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
It looks like the recent color change in ravello is also apparent in whiskey. This new shoe from TSM is listed as whiskey but looks more like ravello.


Hard to tell by pics - at one time I'd ordered Ravello and Whiskey and there was hardly any difference. I could see w/polishing and wear they'd probably be indistinguishable over time.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #7502 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post
Zippy, where are those brown PTBs from? I know they were available as an AWW, but these have the commando I see...

One of those special makeups for Winn Perry. They were supposed to be longwings but the order got messed up.
post #7503 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post




beautiful
post #7504 of 87683
I received my Roy boots on Friday, then these come out. Thanks, Context.

Seriously beautiful boots.
post #7505 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post
It's not a plain toe boot, but I just picked up a cap toe boot in cigar on the commando sole from Alden DC. Sweet.

Pictures PLEASE!!!!
post #7506 of 87683
Hey Guys,

I recently picked up a pair of Alden Indy Chromexcels (much thanks to member 100 YR, aka Drew). I love them so much I am interested in getting a pair of Indy Boots in black or preferably cordovan. Anyone here with a size 8.5 in trubalance or barrie last that they are thinking of getting rid of please give me a holler.

Hope lightning can strike twice!
post #7507 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
It looks like the recent color change in ravello is also apparent in whiskey. This new shoe from TSM is listed as whiskey but looks more like ravello.
The trendy shell colors like whiskey, ravello and cigar may be a bit on the fugitive side (tending to fade), esp. as compared to #8 and of course black. It could be for this reason that Horween is compensating by deepening the saturation. My cigar LWBs (which I love) were so deep brown upon arrival that they could be described as dark chocolate. I was a little apprehensive. They are, however, lightening almost daily. I feel confident they will mellow to the ideal shade, as almost certainly whiskey and ravello will do over time. 'Just my two cents. Go Alden!
post #7508 of 87683
^Perhaps... I do notice that the darker cordo's tend to fade while the lighter ones darken over time.
post #7509 of 87683
Wearing my indys lately to combat the cold.
post #7510 of 87683
Thinking about grabbing a pair of Color 8 shell longwings. Just wondering: I really only have one suit that I would need them to go with, and it's a charcoal gray flannel. Would this work, or would I be better off going with black shell?
post #7511 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
Wearing my indys lately to combat the cold. [img]http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/1681/048w.jpg[img]
Nice bag. Where's it from?
post #7512 of 87683
I couldn't find much info on Alden's Brown Aniline but after reading a few threads I'm still not sure what to use on it? Alden Brown Shoe Paste will blend a shade of color on it over time and keep it polished right? On the other hand, something like Obenauf's will let the leather age better and not allow it to dry out, also darkens the color. These plain toes are mainly for casual wear and I'd like to keep the subtle shades of color in them so I was hesitant to use a wax. I did get some minor scratches that would be nice to buff out but not necessary. Any advice much appreciated.
post #7513 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
Nice bag. Where's it from?

Looks like a Filson 257
post #7514 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by werdswerf View Post
Thinking about grabbing a pair of Color 8 shell longwings. Just wondering: I really only have one suit that I would need them to go with, and it's a charcoal gray flannel. Would this work, or would I be better off going with black shell?


Colorwise, Color 8 goes wonderfully with charcoal flannel. You just need to make sure the longwings are not storm-welted bluchers because they could be too informal with such a formal suit (although that opinion is certainly subject to some qualifications depending on where you intend to wear the suit/shoe combo).
post #7515 of 87683
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
Colorwise, Color 8 goes wonderfully with charcoal flannel. You just need to make sure the longwings are not storm-welted bluchers because they could be too informal with such a formal suit (although that opinion is certainly subject to some qualifications depending on where you intend to wear the suit/shoe combo).

grab a pair of cheap black Park Avenue's to wear those times you need to be formal, you need a shoe like this in your wardrobe anyways
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***