or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4987

post #74791 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
 

I'm sending the CXL chukkas back. They do rub my pinky toe a bit where I could see it being an issue over a long day and I was getting heel slippage with them. It's so strange how the same shoe with various materials fits slightly differently.

So sorry to hear that. My cxl chukkas surprisingly fit tighter than my other cxls in the same size. More money to put toward some other fun Aldens hopefully soon!

post #74792 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Broke out the whiskey this morning:


In some companies, that's grounds for firing. Unless, of course, you work at Stirling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce. Nice shine!

post #74793 of 98829


Case for Alden calf and calf longevity. Got these in 2004 and they were worn heavily for two years in a two shoe rotation. I actually had a local cobbler do a half sole replacement when I didn't know any better. They are now on their third sole which is an Alden restoration job. They have reached veteran status and get worn a couple of times a month now but still fail to disappoint. I never babied them but am pretty good about using overshoes. Polished no more than 4x per year. Alden makes quality calf.
post #74794 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamf009 View Post



Case for Alden calf and calf longevity. Got these in 2004 and they were worn heavily for two years in a two shoe rotation. I actually had a local cobbler do a half sole replacement when I didn't know any better. They are now on their third sole which is an Alden restoration job. They have reached veteran status and get worn a couple of times a month now but still fail to disappoint. I never babied them but am pretty good about using overshoes. Polished no more than 4x per year. Alden makes quality calf.

Well done.

I have found Alden's shell, calf, and suede to be rather durable.
post #74795 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

In some companies, that's grounds for firing. Unless, of course, you work at Stirling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce. Nice shine!
Thanks! I have eliminated vigorous brushing after wiping down and substituted more vigorous buffing. I am much happier with the results.
post #74796 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

 

I'm certainly going to bite the bullet and get those Unlined LHS in the next corporate sale.

 

Same here. With the lower vamp, I think the unlined ones would suit my foot better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post
 

So sorry to hear that. My cxl chukkas surprisingly fit tighter than my other cxls in the same size. More money to put toward some other fun Aldens hopefully soon!

 

Good to know it wasn't just me that thought they were tighter. I've gotten very picky with the fit of my shoes now. I made a lot of mistakes early on but now am pretty quick to send anything back if it doesn't fit perfectly. I sometimes still get stuck with something that might not be the best fit because sometimes you just can't tell until after you've used them in a real world scenario. Walking on carpet isn't the same as walking on concrete for a mile or two.

post #74797 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeka View Post

The wait is end!A900509E-A629-489E-80FD-A7F156DEE7CE_zpsrshnwfhc.jpg

Thanks a bunch! SF troops!!

 

Sweet!

post #74798 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeka View Post

The wait is end!
10803D2F-DA10-421D-A016-49E78D2FFCA8_zpszjkjixty.jpg

Ravello Chukka with his friends
29EC677C-4F14-4460-83BA-3C2E9F1654BB_zpspvpd7f6n.jpg

Now with his family biggrin.gif
A900509E-A629-489E-80FD-A7F156DEE7CE_zpsrshnwfhc.jpg

Thanks a bunch! SF troops!!

Teeka ,

Which AE model is the belt?, looks like a perfect match.

Thanks,
post #74799 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Very nice setup! Enjoy your Chukkas.

Thanks Mike! I will :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

Sweet!

Thanks TommyB!
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Teeka ,

Which AE model is the belt?, looks like a perfect match.

Thanks,

This model w/ the discount too biggrin.gif
http://m.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF96036_1_40000000001_-1_
post #74800 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Are these the 2146?  Looking awfully good my friend!

Thanks and yes they are 2146. 

post #74801 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Ravello today in the morning sun. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Looking good. The ravello PTB is a personal favorite.
post #74802 of 98829
After the 975 talk, lining up a long mdubs inspired side shot. They may be gunboats, but the heel alone could serve as a weapon.

post #74803 of 98829

post #74804 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

I have them both and nothing beats the suede for spring and summer.....I wore them a ton with shorts and no socks last summer but personally would not do so with the CXL
Curious, do you find one more comfortable than the other? Aside from going sockless in suede, that is. And this could be a question for anyone with the CXL version: Have you experienced much stretch? I have a pair of Oak Street CXL shoes that stretched a shit ton.
post #74805 of 98829
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post
 

Ha ha...forgot all about that. Without GWB's catlike reflexes and a 975, it could have been President Cheney!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***