or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 499

post #7471 of 79292
What is better?

A slightly more expensive leather lined Indy, or a cheaper cotton duck lined one? Is there a difference in wear, or longevity?

Thanks.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #7472 of 79292
Leather lined. Didn't know they were even making the cotton duck one anymore. I ordered a cotton duck around the time they were making the switch and received the leather lined one anyway.
post #7473 of 79292
Natural cxl ptb from shoe mart.



With nice leather covered shoe mart horn.
post #7474 of 79292
Has anyone had any fit issues with the Aberdeen last? I usually wear a 11.5D Allen Edmonds dress shoe size. 11D Barrie lasted boots fit me wonderfully. I recently bought a pair of sixe 11.5D NSTs in Ravello shell. At first, they fit fine, but a little loose in one heel. I cured this issue with a tongue pad. But now after wearing them for a week every other day, they seem to have stretched to the point that they are actually loose. My foot slides forward in them until it crushes up into the (quite narrow) toe box. I love the look of the beautiful shoes, but the fit leaves much to be desired (on my feet, at least). Anyone have anything similar happen with the NSTs? Any suggestions to remedy the issue?
post #7475 of 79292
^^^ Many people - including me - don't wear the Aberdeen last since it's wide in the heel and narrow in the toe box. Your affliction is common.
post #7476 of 79292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burra View Post
What is better?

A slightly more expensive leather lined Indy, or a cheaper cotton duck lined one? Is there a difference in wear, or longevity?

Thanks.

I actually like the duck lined version better. it's not as heavy or hot
post #7477 of 79292

cigar ptb
post #7478 of 79292
post #7479 of 79292
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
Add others if you know of them.


The Bureau
http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/brand/58/alden/
Menswear store in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Their "whiskey cigar" cordovan long wing looks very nice but it's quite pricey at over 800 USD excluding VAT... (Aren't whiskey and cigar two separate colours?)

post #7480 of 79292
I wear a 9 in the Indys they fir great and I love them. But I fit into a 9.5 with the Red Wing GT. Does this make sense? I have a narrow foot too. The GT in size 9 squeezes the 3 toes so much they can't wiggle. The 9.5 GT there's room. But the Aldens size 9 is perfect and feels great. I never wore a size 9 in I don't know how long. Does this sound right? Chucks are 9.5, Sneakers are 10, Sperry's are 10, Brooks Brothers boats 9.5, Mephisto Battler 10. Alden Indy 9??
post #7481 of 79292
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnippiks View Post

Their "whiskey cigar" cordovan long wing looks very nice but it's quite pricey at over 800 USD excluding VAT... (Aren't whiskey and cigar two separate colours?)


probably meant ravello
post #7482 of 79292
It looks like the recent color change in ravello is also apparent in whiskey. This new shoe from TSM is listed as whiskey but looks more like ravello.

post #7483 of 79292
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredey View Post
I wear a 9 in the Indys they fir great and I love them. But I fit into a 9.5 with the Red Wing GT. Does this make sense? I have a narrow foot too. The GT in size 9 squeezes the 3 toes so much they can't wiggle. The 9.5 GT there's room. But the Aldens size 9 is perfect and feels great. I never wore a size 9 in I don't know how long. Does this sound right? Chucks are 9.5, Sneakers are 10, Sperry's are 10, Brooks Brothers boats 9.5, Mephisto Battler 10. Alden Indy 9??

if it feels right, don't worry about it
post #7484 of 79292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Mr. Moo,

I came on just to catch up on the thread since I've been buried with work in the last week or so. Those are REALLY gorgeous. I am heavily considering ordering.
post #7485 of 79292
I put everyone's additions to the main post above. Hopefully it will be useful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***