Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4959
Styleforum Top Picks
Took this photo of my Aldens. Not the greatest indoor lighting, but gives a decent representation of the colors.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You have the antithesis of my collection though, as I am essentially all shoes!
I couldn't agree more. The black shell wingtip boot seems to be calling my name, but not sure if color 8 would be more useful/versatile for me.
Any thoughts anyone??
Top (L-R): Color 8 Captoe (Plaza, J Gilbert), Color 8 Tanker (Barrie, Leffot), Black Tanker (Barrie, Context), Tan Calfskin Wingtip (Barrie, J Gilbert)
Middle: Cigar Chukkas (Barrie, Alden NYC), Cigar Captoe (Grant, Alden DC), Black Captoe (Grant, Alden NYC), Color 8 Wingtip (Barrie, Alden of Carmel)
Front: Viberg Olive CXL Captoe Boots (2030, 3sixteen), Snuff Chukkas (Grant, Alden NYC)
May add a CXL boot eventually. If the Leather Soul Ultimate Indy is made again, I would like getting that. I've bought and sold many CXL boots, need to find one that I like.
Detail shot of my latest acquisitions. Middle pair are CXL LHS from Leather Soul.
Edited by Alcibiades - 2/23/14 at 10:29am
So many nice boots posted lately.
Congrats to the gentleman with the Union Hill Indys. Glad you used the spray! They are beauts. Wear in good health.
Reassured by the discussion on the appropriateness of plaza boots with denim, I went with LS king wt boots on Plaza with Pure Blue Japan xx-013s.
If you already have a lot of color 8 shoes, why not go for black this time. Alden NYC recently got some black wingtip boots in.
I have the Ultimates and find them useful, but I don't crave wearing them like other boots in my lineup. What about Adam at AofC's brown cxl wingtip boot preorder? Or the perf captoe brown cxl boot at Madison? I'd also keep the Viberg cxl service boot in mind: comes in black, color 8 and dark brown. Heard on the Viberg thread that if they don't have your size, you can request that they make your size as long as it's one of the makeups on their site.
Nice recent acquisitions. Those cxl lhs should be super comfy once the snow fully melts.
Thanks. I know this may amount to treason on this forum, but I'm not a huge fan of the long wings...
You can never have enough boots!
As for envy, it's guys like DV, Bakes, Alci, Sazon, and others that inspired my Alden boot love.
Mike, I definitely love the Color 8 Brixtons. I wear them quite often as I have a very casual work environment. Keep posting pics of your great shoes -- you seem to have an enviable stockpile of Ravello, Cigar, and other great shell.
Kwhitelaw, the black shell cap toe with all eyelets was the most recent addition to my collection. The fact that it had all eyelets was a big determining factor for me because I love my Cigar Indy and Brixtons with all eyelets.
I love my black shell wingtip boot and I wear it regularly.
But I think Color 8 on black edge trim rather than antique edge may be even more versatile. But that's probably debatable.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 46 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015