Looks like they have the exact same one Harrisonlimited had. The edging on the sole and heel might be a different color but you can't tell from the pics provided on the pelle website.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4945
Styleforum Top Picks
Here are a few rough pics of my new 4065 boots. The cell phone doesn't do them justice.
I've always been jealous when somebody posts pics of the rare Horween logo stamped on the inside of a shoe or boot tongue. I finally got one, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Has anybody ever seen one of these before? It actually looks like a square-footage marking for the total area of the shell. At least that's my guess. Thoughts?
nice looking boots. I would send them to b.nelson, im sure he could flip that tongue over and expose that awesomeness.
just kidding. no, not really.
all this curved toebox talk reminded me of my natty tankers I got awhile back (different retailer)
these only have one wear, so no significant input (IMO) from my feet themselves
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
obviously not as bad as the LWBs that are in discussion (and in my case, less obvious I think due to the tanker design)
maybe alden just has a thing for curved right shoes
Alden doesn't have a monopoly on curved right shoes. I found that one of my C&J boots has the exact same curve on the right boot. Didn't notice it at all till I saw them on my boot rack the other day. And the wear of the sole on that right boot does reflect the curvature although I never felt it when I was wearing them.
The left shoe on my first pair was dead even, so I'm comparing all of the other shoes to that one. Is that wrong? I'm starting to think that I may be too picky, and that all Alden longwings are uneven/uncentered. (My AE longwings are dead even.)
All opinions are welcome, and thank you again.
Have to disagree... I own seven pairs of Alden LWBs and none have this issue with alignment of the brogue pattern on the toe or any other part of the shoe. Also, the AE MacNeil isn't even in the same league as the Alden LWB. You happened to have gotten a poorly constructed right shoe to the first pair (it shouldn't happen, but it will on occasion). Your second pair looks perfectly fine to me based on the pictures provided.
I hope you are happy with the replacement pair and enjoy them often. All the best...
Haha, awesome Doc!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That would be a first! Weird marking, right?!
Just picked my first Aldens with help from this thread, so I thought I'd post for the first time too. I also have a question.
These are the unlined PTB, flex sole in color 8. The Alden DC salesperson said that the shoes were first released for Leather Soul, but Alden did a special run for this shop afterward.
My question is around the crease. I've only worn them in the store and at home on carpet (about 2 hours total), and they developed a crease near the big toe of each foot. There is extra material because this was the best fit I could get. The 8.5D were tight, so I went with 8.5E. The width and length are perfect, but there is quite a bit of space between my toes and the top of the shoe. I believe that's what's causing the creasing.
Should I have gone with the 8.5D expecting it to stretch and not have to deal with the extra material? Is this quick creasing abnormal?
Thanks for your help and for all the great advice and pics in this thread.
Agreed. If you look back at the picture I posted earlier today of my #8 unlined PTB you'll see that they're creased as all hell (including the tip of the shoe). Just the nature of unlined. They only get more comfortable as you wear them!
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Poor man's watch thread 15 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 11 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › LOUIS VUITTON tie seven fold blue stripes 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 25 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015