or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4912

post #73666 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylernim View Post

Speaking of...what's the latest ETA on the Cigar Caps to Alden DC?

Kathy told me about 3 months

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #73667 of 91371
I just ordered a pair of Union Hill Indy boot. This is my second pair from Need Supply and my eighth Alden Indy boot overall. Looking forward to receive it and use it in my work in Africa! I live in New York and Arizona but my work is in Africa. I will put this pair to great use.

VERY INTERESTING that my avatar/photo for my Styleforum (as you can see) is from the movie Mogambo - you can notice that Clark Gable used a pair of tan suede ankle boots extremely similar to the Union Hill Indy boot. I have been dreaming of such a similar pair of Indy boot from Alden, and Need Supply made it happened! Great!

Thank you! Explorer
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100
post #73668 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

[IMG]

From Yenni. Thinking I will get the green indy from J. Gilbert once it arrives

Thanks for that. I wonder how green they are in natural light. That photo makes them look very dark.
post #73669 of 91371
post #73670 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Sorry, had a busy week...

From yesterday, I went Ravello (very Color #4 like) Alden LWBs.




Today, I went Color #8 Indy on the Plaza Last.



What size are your Indys on the Plaza compared to the LWBs (which I am assuming are on the Barrie)?
post #73671 of 91371
That's like the 4th time you've posted your sale stuff. We get it. Now can we move on?
post #73672 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

50 shades of suede...

Here are a few various pre-orders that have recently come in Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Your a smooth operator rydanfan. Do I detect a trend? I especially like the longwings, they'll look good on Memorial Day weekend. Congrats and wear them in the best of health.
post #73673 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post


What size are your Indys on the Plaza compared to the LWBs (which I am assuming are on the Barrie)?

 

My friend, I actually got both of them in 10D. I am a 10.5C TTS, and on the moc-toe shoes, I favor tigher sizing in order to reduce creasing.

 

Yes, the LWBs are Barrie.

 

-M

post #73674 of 91371

Here's my first world problem. Trying to decide between these 2. The blucher is Kudu and on the plaza last. The LWB is tobacco chamois and is on the Barrie last. I know that my foot loves the Barrie last but have no idea who it will react to the Plaza last. The soles are almost identical, as is the cost. Which do you think looks better? Which is more versatile? Which would you choose?

 

The only shoes have that are remotely similar to either of those at the moment are CXL Dovers on the flex sole and AE Aberdeens on a lug sole. If I got the LWB, they'd be to replace the Aberdeens.

 

post #73675 of 91371
I have that LWB and love it. I prefer it to that PTB
post #73676 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I have that LWB and love it. I prefer it to that PTB

While I don't have that particular LWB (or the Kudu PTB), I agree with rydenfan and would pick the tobacco chamois LWB of the two the OP posted. I think the Kudu has the edge in durability, but I just find a longwing to be a bit more versatile. I'd be happy to have either in my rotation though.
post #73677 of 91371
LWB.
post #73678 of 91371
Looks like the LWB is winning in a landslide.

Rydenfan - nice suede. I'm a fan of suede too. I think suede gets overlooked by people sometimes. I have a pair of snuff suede unlined chukkas and a pair of tan suede Dovers waiting to be debuted once the weather heats up.
post #73679 of 91371

LWB. That's a damn nice looking shoe.

post #73680 of 91371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

Here's my first world problem. Trying to decide between these 2. The blucher is Kudu and on the plaza last. The LWB is tobacco chamois and is on the Barrie last. I know that my foot loves the Barrie last but have no idea who it will react to the Plaza last. The soles are almost identical, as is the cost. Which do you think looks better? Which is more versatile? Which would you choose?

The only shoes have that are remotely similar to either of those at the moment are CXL Dovers on the flex sole and AE Aberdeens on a lug sole. If I got the LWB, they'd be to replace the Aberdeens.





If they had my size I would get that LWB. I also like the sand colored LWB is preordering but it's also not in my size
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***