or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4911

post #73651 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

50 shades of suede...

Here are a few various pre-orders that have recently come in

 

 

Wow, those are all fantastic! I really like the Tanker, is it the Choco suede from LeatherSoul?

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #73652 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Wow, those are all fantastic! I really like the Tanker, is it the Choco suede from LeatherSoul?

Yes, it is. It is a really nice deep chocolate color in person. It is probably the suede color I see used least in Alden but it would make a killer chukka or Indy as well
post #73653 of 89605
I should add that all 3 are Barrie lasted:

Choco tanker and tan LWB both from Leather Soul
Snuff wingtip boot from J Gilbert
post #73654 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I should add that all 3 are Barrie lasted:

Choco tanker and tan LWB both from Leather Soul
Snuff wingtip boot from J Gilbert
Love those choco suede tankers, Ryden. I was so tempted by them.
post #73655 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Yes, it is. It is a really nice deep chocolate color in person. It is probably the suede color I see used least in Alden but it would make a killer chukka or Indy as well

 

The list of stuff I want from Alden just grows by the day haha

post #73656 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

The list of stuff I want from Alden just grows by the day haha

Don't worry, so does mine...
post #73657 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Don't worry, so does mine...
I got on the LS list for the brown CXL Tankers yesterday. Who knows when I'll get em, but I'm not buying at the moment, anyway.
post #73658 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post

:dunno: 3 pairs from massdrop shipped to MA, $81.69 vs 3 from woodlore, $95.47

Maybe massdrop decided to change the shipping rates. A few days ago massdrop deal was cheaper until you added in the shipping since it wasn't a flat rate.
post #73659 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I should add that all 3 are Barrie lasted:

Choco tanker and tan LWB both from Leather Soul
Snuff wingtip boot from J Gilbert

You've just made my weekend, ryden! That means I should get a call from Yenni soon, as I just got on the snuff wt barrie boot preorder a couple weeks ago...

 

So, despite my fear of jinxing by counting chickens before checking their patina, I'll look forward to the snuff boots and the plaza king work boots/indys from Frans arriving by next weekend.

 

I'm already on track to make less money this year given the winter weather creating numerous patient cancellations. Please stop tempting me--I'm weak!

post #73660 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post

You've just made my weekend, ryden! That means I should get a call from Yenni soon, as I just got on the snuff wt barrie boot preorder a couple weeks ago...

So, despite my fear of jinxing by counting chickens before checking their patina, I'll look forward to the snuff boots and the plaza king work boots/indys from Frans arriving by next weekend.

I'm already on track to make less money this year given the winter weather creating numerous patient cancellations. Please stop tempting me--I'm weak!

Uh oh...I hope I didn't get your hopes up. These are from the last round that came in a few months ago
post #73661 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Uh oh...I hope I didn't get your hopes up. These are from the last round that came in a few months ago

Thanks for clarifying. That actually helps. It's during the highs that purchases beget further purchases. I should slow my roll a bit and maybe make sure some money actually ends up in a bank or under a mattress or something non Horween and non goodyear welted :hide:

 

Yenni said March and that's not so far away. Maybe someone should make an Alden preorder advent calendar or something.

post #73662 of 89605
I know exactly what you mean. I have too many preorders going on right now: Alden, Trickers, Viberg, etc. plus I am actively trying to scale down. I seem to continue to add to my collection despite barely wearing what I already have. I am really trying to adopt nothing coming in without something going out. But it's not going great and the C&J Islays headed my way aren't gonna help
post #73663 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I know exactly what you mean. I have too many preorders going on right now: Alden, Trickers, Viberg, etc. plus I am actively trying to scale down. I seem to continue to add to my collection despite barely wearing what I already have. I am really trying to adopt nothing coming in without something going out. But it's not going great and the C&J Islays headed my way aren't gonna help

First world problems we have, huh? I'm awaiting preorders involving the snuff boot from yenni, adam's brown cxl wingtip from AofC, Kathy's cigar grant captoes. I'm trying to figure out how to pace the funds going into the Alden account. My 7 year old doesn't eat much, but still...

 

I believe I'm heading toward the one in equals one out method and perhaps I, too, will be asking people to help me figure out which shoes should be discarded first. Before getting there, maybe I'll go ahead as planned and try to wear the entire rotation by going with no repeats for a month or so (that includes you, Viberg Service Boot, you siren asking me to wear you 3 days a week). First on the chopping block will probably be my mistakes: the Larchmonts for sure (PSA: I'm thinking of trading them for shoe trees or something ridiculous just to make room on the shoe racks), maybe a neumok or a rutledge.

 

I, for one, am interested in seeing your Islays when they come in. Hope they are in perfect condition upon arrival.

 

Btw, for anyone starving for a cigar shell boot, any interest in hitting another retailer with an MTO request?

post #73664 of 89605
Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post
 

First world problems we have, huh? I'm awaiting preorders involving the snuff boot from yenni, adam's brown cxl wingtip from AofC, Kathy's cigar grant captoes. I'm trying to figure out how to pace the funds going into the Alden account. My 7 year old doesn't eat much, but still...

 

I believe I'm heading toward the one in equals one out method and perhaps I, too, will be asking people to help me figure out which shoes should be discarded first. Before getting there, maybe I'll go ahead as planned and try to wear the entire rotation by going with no repeats for a month or so (that includes you, Viberg Service Boot, you siren asking me to wear you 3 days a week). First on the chopping block will probably be my mistakes: the Larchmonts for sure (PSA: I'm thinking of trading them for shoe trees or something ridiculous just to make room on the shoe racks), maybe a neumok or a rutledge.

 

I, for one, am interested in seeing your Islays when they come in. Hope they are in perfect condition upon arrival.

 

Btw, for anyone starving for a cigar shell boot, any interest in hitting another retailer with an MTO request?

 

What kind of boot do you have in mind? Where would we possibly go to get one made up?

post #73665 of 89605

Speaking of...what's the latest ETA on the Cigar Caps to Alden DC?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***