or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 4896

post #73426 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Oh yeah, I have the Leffot 975 picture saved in my pictures as well. The antique edge is a nice touch on the 975, especially for someone like me who keeps my wardrobe fairly casual. Mostly chinos and jeans for me and those would look fantastic with either.
That is exactly the reason I bought that version. I keep my collection casual as well (for the most part).

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #73427 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Most people say the unlined are a bit more snug. I think they are a little more snug, but they also accommodate the foot and "give" a little because they aren't lined. I wear the same size in both lined and unlined at any rate.

They do roll quite a bit more than the lined version, but I think it adds great character to the shoe. Overall, I think the unlined version is sleeker,, but also more casual.

Just an FYI: other retailers carry the #8 Dover besides Leffot (Alden DC). I think the antique edging is exclusive to Leffot though.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
post #73428 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post


Most people say the unlined are a bit more snug. I think they are a little more snug, but they also accommodate the foot and "give" a little because they aren't lined. I wear the same size in both lined and unlined at any rate.

They do roll quite a bit more than the lined version, but I think it adds great character to the shoe. Overall, I think the unlined version is sleeker,, but also more casual.

Just an FYI: other retailers carry the #8 Dover besides Leffot (Alden DC). I think the antique edging is exclusive to Leffot though.

My 975s are a 9C, so this makes me confident the 9Ds will be a good fit for casual wear.  And while I prefer the antique, it is good to know of other offerings.  I have been repeatedly drawn in by Leffot's makeups (day tripper, chamois longwing, PT boot) but look forward to doing business with DC someday (don't they do the cigar indys?).

 

Thanks.

post #73429 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

My 975s are a 9C, so this makes me confident the 9Ds will be a good fit for casual wear.  And while I prefer the antique, it is good to know of other offerings.  I have been repeatedly drawn in by Leffot's makeups (day tripper, chamois longwing, PT boot) but look forward to doing business with DC someday (don't they do the cigar indys?).

Thanks.

I can't say whether a 9D would work out for you, but something tells me you'd be fine as long as you're not swimming in your 9C.

I'm not sure if DC normally carries the cigar Indy (maybe at one point) but they are known for doing runs of cigar cap toe boots on grant in commando. I know Kathy is good about entertaining requests, but I think her standing orders are already struggling to be filled.
post #73430 of 87987

I love the Union Hill make-up. That said, with a small family of 4 pairs that includes a natural CXL indy (commando too) and a restricted budget, it seems superfluous. :violin:

post #73431 of 87987
Are there any Color 8 cordovan NST/Tanker boots available out there? Missed out on the Leffot ones and now trying to hunt down a pair.
post #73432 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
 

I love the Union Hill make-up. That said, with a small family of 4 pairs that includes a natural CXL indy (commando too) and a restricted budget, it seems superfluous. :violin:

 

You'd be okay. I think I read last night that if you get up to 345 pairs, you get government assistance and tits (or something like that).

post #73433 of 87987
those suede indys look good. but wasn't there any issue with them recently? I thought they were sent back to Alden for quality issues.
post #73434 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDoc View Post

Are there any Color 8 cordovan NST/Tanker boots available out there? Missed out on the Leffot ones and now trying to hunt down a pair.

I believe Leffot is due for another preorder soon as they churn these out pretty often. Waiting on a pair myself. Don't take my word for it.

Context Clothing also makes this boot without the antique edge. There was a preorder up a while back. Don't know if there's still a spot, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
post #73435 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

You'd be okay. I think I read last night that if you get up to 345 pairs, you get government assistance and tits (or something like that).

Oh man thank you. Genuinely laughing. Government tits, indeed. Except when you need some milk, right?
post #73436 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post


I can't say whether a 9D would work out for you, but something tells me you'd be fine as long as you're not swimming in your 9C.

I'm not sure if DC normally carries the cigar Indy (maybe at one point) but they are known for doing runs of cigar cap toe boots on grant in commando. I know Kathy is good about entertaining requests, but I think her standing orders are already struggling to be filled.

ah yes--Cigar cap toe grant--that's right.  A close cousin would be the color 8 boot on plaza and commando from j Gilbert.  I have never seen that last in the flesh, but it looks great in photos.  And it seems many forum members like the plaza for boots.  Then the question is then plain toe or cap toe?

post #73437 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

ah yes--Cigar cap toe grant--that's right.  A close cousin would be the color 8 boot on plaza and commando from j Gilbert.  I have never seen that last in the flesh, but it looks great in photos.  And it seems many forum members like the plaza for boots.  Then the question is then plain toe or cap toe?

DC also has #8 cap toe boot in grant on commando as well. I think the plain toe shows off patina better, but I like the looks of the cap toe more. I think it all comes down to preference.
post #73438 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

DC also has #8 cap toe boot in grant on commando as well. I think the plain toe shows off patina better, but I like the looks of the cap toe more. I think it all comes down to preference.

Not a great iPhone pic but below I'm wearing the #8 captoe boot on commando from Alden DC today. Paired up with my Seamaster Chrono with #8 strap.

Regarding recent talk about increased pricing, this boot plus my cigar Indy on commando from J.Gilbert are the only two Aldens I currently have where I paid full retail.

Of the rest of my Aldens, I purchased my Cigar captoe boot on commando, Ravello LWB from Leffot and Snuff suede LWB from Leffot used off of B&S, my #8 LWB new off of eBay, snuff suede dover PTB from Shoemart seconds and tobacco chamois ranger moc on crepe on sale at Need Supply.

post #73439 of 87987
That same #8 CT grant boot is the only Alden I've paid full price for thus far as well. If I keep these Ravello chukkas from SF will make 2 that I've paid full price for.

Speaking of which, the snowstorm has caused my chukka delivery to be delayed until tomorrow.
post #73440 of 87987
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post

Alden fransBoone just restocked #8 "indy boots in plaza last" grab the chance if you are interested! 

Cheers!

Jerk. patch[1].gif

I was just thinking this morning that I don't wear my Indy's much because I just don't like the shape of the TrueBalance but would love if FransBoone would put out another run of them on the Plaza last. Grrrr... my wallet is not going to like this. Maybe for my sake my size will be gone by the time I can get home and verify what I wear on the Plaza...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***